Olympic Hockey

Narga_Rocks

In celebration of my country winning the Men's and Women's Hockey Golds, I'm making a topic.

Oh, and we have the most golds for a host country in any Winter Olympics ever.

And with the Men's Hocky Gold, we have the most golds in a single Winter Olympics by any country ever.

Go Canada!

Can we include some bragging here? :D

My bragging? Or anyone else from Canada? Or any Americans that want to brag about having the most total medals?

Anyone that wants to brag about the accomplishments of their country, go for it.

Obligatory country rant.

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Sorry Narga, but I couldn't turn down the free invitation to do so.

Stupid lack of any willpower whatsoever

Edited by Randomly Predictable

My bragging? Or anyone else from Canada? Or any Americans that want to brag about having the most total medals?

Anyone that wants to brag about the accomplishments of their country, go for it.

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

WHERE YOU AAAAAAAAT

WHERE YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

WHO'S WINNING GOLD NOW, BITCH

WHO

WHO

Iceland dit :

bitch i will slice you open

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

WHO

YOU CAN SUCK MY MAPLE DRIPPING DICK NOW

WHO'S GOING HOME WITH SILVER NOW BITCH

WHO

THE REAL MEN WON WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED

WHO'S BEING TRASHTALKED NOW, HUH

Iceland dit :

psh

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

HUH

Iceland dit :

its not like i like hockey anyways

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF THIS NOW

BECAUSE YOU LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

NO MIRACLE ON ICE 2

Iceland dit :

the miracle is that you won

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

AND WE'RE GOING TO MAKE A MOVIE OUT OF IT

AND SHOVE IT IN YO FACE

Iceland dit :

you do that

and i'll replay the chapter where you lost over and over

ಠ_ಠ Kefka dit :

you do that

and i'll plug my gold medals in my ears so i won't listen to it

and close my eyes

:]

http://www.vancouver2010.com/

Nice, but it seems America is first for accumulative metals these Olympics

I'm aware of that.

Or any Americans that want to brag about having the most total medals?

And if you count top 5 finishes Canada might actually come out on top of that one.

Canada ftw.

I should've suspected you were Canadian, Narga.

Why? There's the whole "I use Canadian spelling" thing, but other countries spell things like "colour" rather than "color" as well.

Well, I for one thought we would continue the proud Canadian tradition of fucking up when it really matters.

But honestly, this Olympics has made me considerably less proud to be Canadian. 8[

Well, I for one thought we would continue the proud Canadian tradition of fucking up when it really matters.

But honestly, this Olympics has made me considerably less proud to be Canadian. 8[

What's wrong with 3rd overall and 1st for golds? Or has there been stupid stuff done by some Canadians that I didn't hear about? (Aside from the Women's Hockey Team's "Celebration")

What's wrong with 3rd overall and 1st for golds? Or has there been stupid stuff done by some Canadians that I didn't hear about? (Aside from the Women's Hockey Team's "Celebration")

It's the way CTV and officials and whatnot drone on about how fucking great we are. Or how every time we didn't get a medal, or didn't get a gold, they spent so much fucking time justifying it, and saying stuff like "We didn't LOSE gold, we WON silver" for like 10 minutes. Or how people talked about Patriotism and Canadian Spirit so much.

I personally was against the Olympics anyway, but I don't actually mind watching them. The problem was that the way PEOPLE seemed to treat somewhat disgusts me. Plus, all Canadians are pretty much assholes about hockey anyway.

It's the way CTV and officials and whatnot drone on about how fucking great we are. Or how every time we didn't get a medal, or didn't get a gold, they spent so much fucking time justifying it, and saying stuff like "We didn't LOSE gold, we WON silver" for like 10 minutes. Or how people talked about Patriotism and Canadian Spirit so much.

I personally was against the Olympics anyway, but I don't actually mind watching them. The problem was that the way PEOPLE seemed to treat somewhat disgusts me. Plus, all Canadians are pretty much assholes about hockey anyway.

I spent half the Olympics in the States and most of the rest of it without access to a TV. I saw some of CTV's coverage on like the last two days and had it on mute most of the time it was on so I wouldn't really know what you are talking about, fortunately.

I never had a problem with CBC's coverage of previous Olympics, including 2006 where we got 24 medals total (and not nearly as many golds). Maybe CTV's people are just less professional than CBC's (or I'm easier to please)?

And Canada has never been anything that could even partly be described as humble about Hockey, so it's no surprise if we get a little rude about our accomplishment there. Or, put another way, I've always known how we are about Hockey so anything I see in relation to Hockey won't make me any less proud to be Canadian.

I don't drink, but:

jump to ~46 seconds.

I spent half the Olympics in the States and most of the rest of it without access to a TV. I saw some of CTV's coverage on like the last two days and had it on mute most of the time it was on so I wouldn't really know what you are talking about, fortunately.

I never had a problem with CBC's coverage of previous Olympics, including 2006 where we got 24 medals total (and not nearly as many golds). Maybe CTV's people are just less professional than CBC's (or I'm easier to please)?

And Canada has never been anything that could even partly be described as humble about Hockey, so it's no surprise if we get a little rude about our accomplishment there. Or, put another way, I've always known how we are about Hockey so anything I see in relation to Hockey won't make me any less proud to be Canadian.

Well yes, I must be honest, CBC is quite a bit better than CTV.

I dunno, patriotism in general tends to piss me off, or at least what they try to peddle on us as patriotism. 8]

We did. Remember how the stupid fourth pillar of the olympic flame/torch/thing screwed up? Really glorious. That and driving poor Gretzky from Vancouver to Whistler in the back of a pick-up truck. That part was just retarded.

Also, if you guys though that CBC/CTV coverage was bad, you should try and give the French coverage a shot. People are counting "Quebec medals" and "Canadian medals" separately around here ffs (of course, no-one gives a shit about the Canadian ones). That and everyone is bitching about how French was underrepresented (Even though French channels never bothered to translate all the interviews with non-French-speaking Athletes and just aired them in english. Considering that around 50% of Quebecers can't be arsed to learn English because it hurts national pride or something, 50% of people just didn't understand. But of course, the "English-Canada", that's how they call you guys, gets all the flak for that.) and how there were more Ontarians than Quebecers on the guys Hockey Team (hilarious).

Edited by catastrophe_2