Holy crap, I love Boyd more now. <3

I'm serious. Who has had the pleasure of seeing Boyd perform Colossus archer style? I did. TWO FECKING TIMES IN A ROW.

That is win. Boyd did it a third time recently too. And that is freaking awesome. I never knew he could do it with bows. I wish he could do this in RD, but the only bows he gets there are the crappy crossbows. >_<

But damn, this instantly made me love Boyd more. And I already did love him. :3

Personal Experience means nothing. Man...I really dislike these topics stating how much a player got lucky and later b*tch about it to everyone.

Hey, guess what! Yesterday I S ranked Elincia on swords by making her solo the left half of endgame!

This topic isn't about good luck, it is about Boyd's abiliity to use colossus with bows.

Personal Experience means nothing. Man...I really dislike these topics stating how much a player got lucky and later b*tch about it to everyone.

Hey, guess what! Yesterday I S ranked Elincia on swords by making her solo the left half of endgame!

Wait, are you saying that you need to be lucky for boyd to be good? I don't think this is a PEXP topic here.

Anyway, why would you S rank her on swords during endgame? She probably wouldn't be able to get enough uses out of those enemies. It's a lot easier to break bertram's weapons and then S rank her swords on him! Odds are she doesn't even do damage!

Edited by SeverIan

Except there is no reason to raise Elincia above B if Bertram breaks his Runesword.

Wait, are you saying that you need to be lucky for boyd to be good? I don't think this is a PEXP topic here.

Anyway, why would you S rank her on swords during endgame? She probably wouldn't be able to get enough uses out of those enemies. It's a lot easier to break bertram's weapons and then S rank her swords on him! Odds are she doesn't even do damage!

I wanted to have fun with Vague Katti in the trial maps as well as experiment something new since many think nor Mist or Elincia work for anything other than healing. My Mist & Elincia had S in swords and around 5 stats capped.

Elincia was an adorable monster with Resolve...

No, what I mean is, look at the title and description:

Holy crap, I love Boyd more now. <3 HE DOES COLOSSUS ARCHER STYLE

She forgot to imply that was HER experience, you know, peronal experience means nothing. This topic is about her Boyd activating Colosus with a bow and not about your opinion on Colosus itself.

^No. The main topic is did you ever see Boyd use Colossus with a bow in FE9? Not how lucky I got with it. My experience is answering the topic's question.

Oh, sorry then... :awesome:

I never bother to give him Colosus because it's just basically some eye candy skill that's only for showoff. There aren't really many enemies with lower Con than him, and you defeneatly want to save it for the bosses which would have even higher Con than him.

I always give Boyd Colossus, cause it's one of my favorite skills, in both RD and PoR (more so in RD though). :3

And now I have more reason to give it to him in PoR, cause Colossus archer style just ROCKS. Boyd twirls both the bow and the arrow in his hand a few times, then BAM. That was wicked cool. BOYD IS AWESOME.

It does, in that occult is a limited use scroll and you then can't give it to other people, and boyd is now unable to equip any other skills.

I mean, IMO you usually don't need all your occults, it's not that useful for most guys. But it could potentially hurt you, in that you've given a resource to a guy who doesn't really need a few points of extra damage anyway.

Edited by SeverIan

Exactly why it is eye candy and totally unnecesary when he could oneround many things with an A support with Mist and B with Ulki.

Also if you give him a Brave Axe and Vantage, he is practically invincible.

Why do we play? Many of us, for fun. How do you measure fun? To each his/her own, really. If she enjoys seeing Boyd pull off a Colossus, and thus loves him more as a result, why are you trying to spoil it for her? I like seeing RD Tier 2 Mist celebrate killing something. I think it's funny and try to do so as often as possible (or I did when I had animations on). Does that mean Mist is better because of her celebration? No. Does it mean I have a right to enjoy using her more? Yes. If Eternal Bond enjoys Boyd's Colossus animation (or enjoys Ike x Elincia), what's wrong with that?

It does, in that occult is a limited use scroll and you then can't give it to other people, and boyd is now unable to equip any other skills.

I mean, IMO you usually don't need all your occults, it's not that useful for most guys. But it could potentially hurt you, in that you've given a resource to a guy who doesn't really need a few points of extra damage anyway.

That.

There are many better units who could use the scroll better, because like I said, Boyd's Con isn't exactly as big as to use Colosus on many enemies. If anything Largo could be a better choice for his huge 15 Con.

On the subject of Mist's victory dance as it relates to RD... I definitely use the "animations on" override button whenever she gets to fight something (Z on the Wavebird), and make no excuses for it. She is awesome, end of story.

That's...irrelevant.

Maybe you aren't getting the point of this topic.

I'm serious. Who has had the pleasure of seeing Boyd perform Colossus archer style? I did. TWO FECKING TIMES IN A ROW.

"pleasure". What do you think she's driving at? How much Boyd helps your team by giving him Colossus? No way. How awesome it is to watch him pull a Colossus? duh.

That is win. Boyd did it a third time recently too. And that is freaking awesome. I never knew he could do it with bows. I wish he could do this in RD, but the only bows he gets there are the crappy crossbows. >_<

Did she say: Oh look, Boyd can take this scroll and help out your team. Giving the scroll to other units doesn't help you as much.

Nope. She said it's awesome.

But damn, this instantly made me love Boyd more. And I already did love him. :3

Where do you see anything that indicates she is suggesting what you seem to be countering? This topic is not about anything other than how awesome Boyd looks while doing Colossus and wondering if others have seen it, too. I don't really see any point in bashing her with the "efficiency hammer" when all she wants is to talk about how nice Boyd looks pulling Colossus. What did she do to deserve that?

And Mist's tier 2 victory dance is (in)arguably the best victory celebration of any of the characters in RD. That's also relevant since I was hoping that bringing it up would let you know what the topic is really about.

Yes, I was. EB stated and asked if this ever happened to us, this topic was in relevancy to Boyd.

And you answered that question by stating you don't give Colossus to Boyd. No point bashing her over the head with an efficiency argument when she's clearly not interested in it nor was this topic created to discuss the merits of giving Boyd Colossus. It's just about how cool it is. That was made pretty obvious by this post, as well:

I always give Boyd Colossus, cause it's one of my favorite skills, in both RD and PoR (more so in RD though). :3

And now I have more reason to give it to him in PoR, cause Colossus archer style just ROCKS. Boyd twirls both the bow and the arrow in his hand a few times, then BAM. That was wicked cool. BOYD IS AWESOME.

That is clearly not an efficiency argument.

Alright guys, can we not bicker in here? I don't want this thread to get locked. I made it asking if people have seen Boyd do Colossus with a bow and possibly give their opinion about it like I did.