Battle of the Populars: Round I

Raven

47 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite of these two legendary mascots:

• [IMG]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6027/mariof.png[/IMG] Mario
    • [IMG]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6636/sonicmr.png[/IMG] Sonic the Hedgehog

Today's poll is a face-off between popular video game mascots Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario: Mascots of SEGA and Nintendo, respectively.

Vote for your most favoured of the two.

The winner will be whoever receives the most votes within the time limit.

Depending on how many vote, or how close the votes are, the poll will last either 24 hours or 48 hours.

The next Battle of the Populars may involve something totally different. It may be sports, game-related, celebrity, food... Whatever comes into my mind.

So get your vote in.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What pulled me to vote for Sonic was his great 2D games (namely Sonic 3 & Knuckles), and his first 3D games, Adventure and Adventure 2.

Mario 64 was good, but I found I enjoyed Sonic's games more enjoyable, even if they were easier in most cases. Alot more memorable.

Mario has the same plot for the most part out of what I've seen. Galaxy, paper, Super Star and its sequel are exceptions.

Sonic's has a varying storyline and can do a certain thing called talking with intelligence ironically more than Mario.

Mario has no personality. Sonic should technically win this, but I guess everyone is going by the games, which I suppose is understandable I suppose.

Mario? *withholds murderous rage* >_<

I HATE that Italian sewer hopping, plunger toting, Princess rescuing, mushroom flattering, turtle bouncing, shell tossing, all on footing, fire shooting, genre perpetuating, pop tart sucking bastard!! :facepalm:

Mario? *withholds murderous rage* >_<

I HATE that Italian sewer hopping, plunger toting, Princess rescuing, mushroom flattering, turtle bouncing, shell tossing, all on footing, fire shooting, genre perpetuating, pop tart sucking bastard!! :facepalm:

Phoenix = Bowser?

Anyway, this is hard for me. Seeing as how I like both of them equally.

I like both, the problem is though that actually Mario games(like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) are quite challenging as to complete them and that's what makes them enjoyable, as far as the plot is concerned: WHO CARES if it is the same? still it is better to have a common storyline and good gameplay than having a good plot with mediocre to awful sometimes gameplay...(after all the plot seems to remain quite catchy)

Edited by Sask

I like both, the problem is though that actually Mario games(like 64, Sunshine, Galaxy) are quite challenging as to complete them and that's what makes them enjoyable, as far as the plot is concerned: WHO CARES if it is the same? still it is better to have a common storyline and good gameplay than having a good plot with mediocre to awful sometimes gameplay...(after all the plot seems to remain quite catchy)

I agree. It's also Sonic's personality that influences here, the character, not his games.

@Soul: Your opinion is accepted, but most people will choose mario because of his games and because he is their favorite since they were palying his games on NES/SNES

(and as far as we can see it doesn't seem that Sonic's personality wins over that)

Edited by Sask

It's not just an opinion, it's the way it HAS to be. Noticed how it asks clearly "Your favourite of these two legendary mascots?" and not "Who has the best games?"?

It's not just an opinion, it's the way it HAS to be. Noticed how it asks clearly "Your favourite of these two legendary mascots?" and not "Who has the best games?"?

Who should be winning is another story, Mario is winning right now because he has sold many more games(that's what makes him more popular not his personality),

(and to be honest yes Sonic is more social and inteligent as a character in his games)

Edited by Sask

Mario for me. I've never gotten into any Sonic games, I don't "get" them.

That probably sounds silly coming from somebody who enjoyed Doctor Mario, but it's the flat truth.

Calm down bro