Things that made you say, "What were you thinking IS?"

Deliriyum

Can apply to any FE game, can be features of the game or characters.

My list:

FE6 Wendy and Sophia. Nothing more needs to be said about these two.

FE8 monsters-If your going to have monsters at least have them be competent enemies like they should be

FE9 Way to go IS this game is great(IMO)

FE10 Supports fail. Also thataway to break endgame with laguz royals

FE:DS: Uhhh the list goes on and on for this one. Most notably are the lack of conversations not including Marth or Caeda, no dark magic for dark mages. Also a lot of people had failure stats. Seriously Arran? stats of a 8/-- unit on a ??/10 unit?

I haven't played the other ones so I'll bet theres a bunch of stuff from those as well

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE4: Individual money for characters

FE6: Enemy re-enforcements moving immediately... that's not difficult... that's just cheap

FE7: Bartre... his base stats are hilarious

FE8: The whole game

FE9: Makalov...

FE10: Astrid x Makalov....

FE11: The whole game... except even more so than FE8.

FE10 Supports fail. Also that away to break endgame with laguz royals

FE:DS: Uhhh the list goes on and on for this one. Most notably are the lack of conversations not including Marth or Caeda, no dark magic for dark mages. Also a lot of people had failure stats. Seriously Arran? stats of a 8/-- unit on a ??/10 unit?

FE10's Mage & Paladin caps as well as nerfed laguz. What is this?

Sothe and his generic know-it-all personality (A.K.A Soren ripoff) and all of sudden becoming a sociable guy. Seriously, he was an anti-social kid in FE9, they made it seem as if he was great buddies with everyone, he wouldn't even bother with names, and no one ever explained to him what a "Galdrar" is, he wasn't even present when the herons sang back in FE9.

Nerfed characters, especially Samson as well as some name changes and the lack of life to the story and characters, it's all eye candy gameplay.

FE 3-1: Removing some characters and maps from the original game.

FE 3-2: No axe users, a lot of chapters being only dragons and barbarians, with the occasionnal thief/hunter/the only berserker in the damn game.

FE 4: No double attacks without Pursuit and no natural criticals is a bit odd, but solved by some patches and hacks. Weapon and class balance could've been better too.

FE 5: 20 Caps and Ronan's growths.

FE 6: The whole game being a downgrade compared to FE 4-5. Granted it applies to all GBA FE, but FE 6 started it.

FE 7: Started the "really heavy magic" trend.

FE 8: Game too short.

FE 9: Only 3 knives suck. Lack of skills on enemies.

FE 10: Could've used a couple of more chapters to train the DB, Geoffrey's troops, along with an earlier return for the LEA (3-2, 3-4 or 3-10 would've been fine). Lack of skills on enemies.

FE 3-1: Removing some characters and maps from the original game.

FE 3-2: No axe users, a lot of chapters being only dragons and barbarians, with the occasionnal thief/hunter/the only berserker in the damn game.

FE 4: No double attacks without Pursuit and no natural criticals is a bit odd, but solved by some patches and hacks. Weapon and class balance could've been better too.

FE 5: 20 Caps and Ronan's growths.

FE 6: The whole game being a downgrade compared to FE 4-5. Granted it applies to all GBA FE, but FE 6 started it.

FE 7: Started the "really heavy magic" trend.

FE 8: Game too short.

FE 9: Only 3 knives suck. Lack of skills on enemies.

FE 10: Could've used a couple of more chapters to train the DB, Geoffrey's troops, along with an earlier return for the LEA (3-2, 3-4 or 3-10 would've been fine). Lack of skills on enemies.

To add on to this...

FE3 Book 2: Roshe

FE5: SSS ranking

FE6: Trial maps being hilariously easy.

FE10: Sages and Paladins.

FE4: Not only big maps, but that was explained by the later notes of the FE series' creator. It also wasted a perfectly good plot (I so would have liked to see more things explained, like the mixing of two of the same Holy Blood). No doubling without Pursuit, and you need either the Critical skill, the Killer Bow, Mistoltin (although only Eltoshen and Alex could use it), or a 50+ kills weapon to get criticals. Class and weapons balancing could also have been better.

FE6: Could use some more development on one of FE's best characters.

FE7: Serra and Lowen. Hec/Flo.

FE8: All of it.

FE9: Knives suck, no skills on enemies.

FE10: Horrible character balancing, lack of support conversations, several pairings basically (and/or seemingly) come out of nowhere (I.E. Astrid X Makalov, Boyd X Mist, Elincia X Geoffrey), nerfing of two of Sages and Paladins.

FE11: You'd think it'd kill I.S. to add some character development to not only the characters who featured in the very first FE game, but also the new characters.

Edited by Terrence Sweetwater

FE10's Mage & Paladin caps as well as nerfed laguz.

I liked having weaker paladins though. I think they are FAR too strong in most of the games. 9 and 11 at least, and certainly more than that. I don't even like paladins to begin with... :facepalm:

Things that made me go "What the H***?"

FE10 Mage/Sage caps were horrible. They needed to have 20/28/38 Speed caps.

Also, 15 uses for the SS tomes while the SS weapons had 50!! What the...?

No supports at all in FE11? Seriously. I know it's a remake, but there's GOT to be room on the cartridge...

Difficulty spike between PoR and RD? Again, What the???

No personality for FE10 characters, though I personally don't think it's quite as bad as others say. Still, it's not good. Should have stuck with FE9 type conversations, at least for certain pairings...

FE10 was horribly unbalanced... It's like IS was telling us that certain units were just there for the heck of it, since they were obviously never meant to be used. Like the LEA disappearing for 2/3rd of the game? Or Nailah and the ****ing BLACK KNIGHT in part 1??? Seriously.

Micaiah without so much as 1 authority star? And I think that characters that had leadership stars should have gotten some sort of Charisma-like effect. After all, some units are simply never the leader of the army, yet have stars nonetheless. Or at least, some sort of bonus for themselves...

And I haven't even played the first 8 games...

I liked having weaker paladins though. I think they are FAR too strong in most of the games. 9 and 11 at least, and certainly more than that. I don't even like paladins to begin with... :facepalm:

Things that made me go "What the H***?"

FE10 Mage/Sage caps were horrible. They needed to have 20/28/38 Speed caps.

Also, 15 uses for the SS tomes while the SS weapons had 50!! What the...?

No supports at all in FE11? Seriously. I know it's a remake, but there's GOT to be room on the cartridge...

Difficulty spike between PoR and RD? Again, What the???

No personality for FE10 characters, though I personally don't think it's quite as bad as others say. Still, it's not good. Should have stuck with FE9 type conversations, at least for certain pairings...

FE10 was horribly unbalanced... It's like IS was telling us that certain units were just there for the heck of it, since they were obviously never meant to be used. Like the LEA disappearing for 2/3rd of the game? Or Nailah and the ****ing BLACK KNIGHT in part 1??? Seriously.

Micaiah without so much as 1 authority star? And I think that characters that had leadership stars should have gotten some sort of Charisma-like effect. After all, some units are simply never the leader of the army, yet have stars nonetheless. Or at least, some sort of bonus for themselves...

And I haven't even played the first 8 games...

@bolded: There are supports, but they're hidden(meaning no convos). There is a section about them on the site

Edited by Core

FE4: The whole Manhya tragedy in Chapter 4. It's like way too long and way too boring to watch. Also the AI is kind of retarded, because I can place five guys with a 1 range sword and one with a tome in front of a mage and the mage will attack the guy with the tome.

FE5: 99 hit as max hit, and 1 hit as minimum hit. Also, caps of 20.

FE6: Seize, seize, seize, seize. And Karel with his 950% growth total.

FE7: "Hey, criticals are easy to land! Just see the Prologue!". Yeah, thanks Lyn.

FE8: Too short, and Seth.

FE9: How the hell was I supposed to know that to recruit Shinon you have to talk to him with Rolf and then kill him with Ike? And Stefan. He is pretty much impossible to recruit without reading a Walkthrough or reading about it on the Internet.

FE10: Paladins, Sages, Saints, Pegasus. All victims of IS "balance".

FE11: Time machine. Let's forget pretty much every addition to the series, and replace them with Reclassing.

FE4: Being able to repair weapons, making anything resembling difficulty lol. The availability of Hero weapons, strengthened further by the first point

FE7: HHM throwing so many monks at you

FE9: How the hell was I supposed to know that to recruit Shinon you have to talk to him with Rolf and then kill him with Ike?

His recruitment is probably the oddest of the entire series.

Exactly, you. Many and much others preferred those in FE9, they made them awesome growths but fail caps. How nice, right? How nice...

FE4: The nonexistant balance

FE5: Fire magic being worse than wind magic in absolutely every single parameter, enemies popping out of nowhere for no reason whatsoever, Status conditions lasting forever, staves having infinite range, healing staves being able to miss, Ronan's growths, Holsety, Elf, the requirements for the SSS rank

FE6: Chapter 7 wyvern riders, nerfing Exp obtained for healing staves, Idoun's stats

FE7: Lyn's base stats, Nino, Luna, the Exp and Funds ranks, Eliwood Hard Mode, the speed of supports in this game (241 turns for an A support with a character who only exists for 2 chapters lololol), enemy stats

FE8: Seth, the difficulty (or lack thereof), Myrrh's Dragonstone being impossible to be replaced or repaired

FE9: The removal of the Maniac Mode, Biorhythm, Elincia as a unit, Nihil, Stefan's recruitment

FE10: The nonexistant balance, Biorhythm, some scenes in the story, Laguz, Laguz royals, the Exp gain formula for Laguz, the massive sandbagging of the DB, mastery skills, Stefan's recruitment, Fiona's base stats, removing tactical components like the weapon triangle and the affinity bonus from Hard mode altogether, staves having ridiculously high Crt rates instead of an existant Mt value

FE11: The lack of well-known features from other FEs (like rescue) while adding forges in, not improving the story and character development, enemies almost exclusively spamming lances, the new Hit and Avd formulas, giving swordmasters a Hit bonus instead of a Crt bonus, Class A growth rates being so idiotically similar to each other, making Gaidens only available to really bad players or people who play badly on purpose (even though I get the idea behind it), the final chapter on H5 mode, making falcoknights and brave weapons only available to players with access to WiFi

Hey, I liked Biorhythm.

My biggest gripe is certain people in FE10 not having authority stars, or having useless authority stars. At the very least, they could have given Mickey extra authority stars or something. The availability differences bug me - I don't want to wait until almost the end of Part 3 to start using Falcoknights.

And laguz royals were just silly. Surely the game should reward us for training up Edward/Fiona/Leo/Crimean Royal Knights rather than completely obsoleting them?

FE4: Individual money, Pursuit being a skill Critical being a skill, broken Holy Weapons

FE5: TOO HARD

FE6: Being FE1 Redux. Also the lolstats of some of the characters and Roy's late promotion time.

FE7: Being a tactics game that rewards you being "un-tactical" (Get A support by standing next to each other for 300 turns! Waste turns in Lyn mode to get Nils to LV7 so you can go to a hidden chapter! Etc. etc.)

FE8: TOO EASY

FE9: Knives on Sages. Yeah, it's optional, but who asked?! Mist using swords upon promotion rather than anima magic.

FE10: Paladin caps, Mages low SPD, useless units outnumber useful ones, not improving Mist's STR growth, Sothe's story-promotion being just another class, Supports fail, Paired Endings fail, hell endings in general fail.

FE11: Not improving on the original other than making it prettier. Flat characters and gaiden chapter requirements are ridiculous. Making Elysian whips and Brave weapons only available in online store on certain days.

Radiant Dawn: Taking all the potential a PoR sequel had to become the best FE ever and flushing it down the toilet by trying to make it 'huge', 'epic' and 'original' and failing on all 3 occassions. Character derailment. Balance issues. BK's identity reveal (i.e. the reason why most people wanted a PoR sequel in the first place!) being handed in the worst way possible. Compensating music quality for quality of the actual compositions. Too many fucking characters and the fact that 'new classes' meant for them 'let's split multi-weapon classes into the weapons they use'. Also what are you thinking fandom for still worshipping the game despite all its flaws?

Shadow Dragon: What are you thinking fandom for not thinking that its "back to basics" approach isn't a great change of pace especially after Radiant Dawn being so bloated?

Edited by Ike-Mike

fe4: apparently I'm the only one who thought critical and pursuit skills actually worked well in fe4. The only thing I'm upset with is Ardan. Couldn't they have given him something that would make him a better candidate for pairing up with somebody than Lex?

fe5: the 20 cap (Works better in fe3 than fe5)

fe6: Roy, the light brand's damage

fe7: Durandal's weight

fe8: Difficulty, or lack thereof

fe9: Making an easy mode for American players

fe10: The differences in experience gains between difficulties

fe11: making this instead of a new original game

FE11's story.

Merlinus's leveling system in FE6. Also, light magic in FE6. Only 2 normal tomes, and then they give you a S Rank light tome, but only one character in the entire game who has a reasonable chance to ever hit S Rank in Light (and is crappy)?

Also, light magic in FE6. Only 2 normal tomes, and then they give you a S Rank light tome, but only one character in the entire game who has a reasonable chance to ever hit S Rank in Light (and is crappy)?

They probably thought nobody would bother promoting Saul/Ellen and would just use Yodel