Things that made you say, "What were you thinking IS?"

Deliriyum

To be perfectly honest, I don't mind the supports in RD. I think it'd be best done to have specific conversations between specific people and let you support anybody with anybody via generic line-spouting. Or possibly include generic line-spouting and a specific A-rank for each pairing, but that may be too much work.

Also:

- Laguz transformation system. Humans > Laguz.

Sub-humans

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also:

Actually, the laguz thing would have been considerably better if they just made two changes

a: allow laguz to gain meter any time they enter battle while not transformed. Why they felt the need to only let them gain meter if they don't damage the enemy I'll never know.

b: allow them to transform whenever as long as they have at least 1 meter, rather than forcing them to reach 30.

These two things would have made it much more bearable. Not as nice as if you add olivi grass to the fe9 laguz system, but still decent.

FE6 onwards:

Removal of Fatigue stat.

Removal of 1 RN system (I liked tearing my hair out over missing 5 99% hits in a row).

Also the boss rush in FE7.

Are you really expecting decent writing in a video game?

Bioshock, Silent Hill 2, Tales of Monkey Island... I'd say yes.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Every new game mechanic FE5 added, mostly to do with staves. Unlimited, 100% accurate status staves, and your healing can miss? That sounds terrible.

Unlimited, 100% accurate status staves, and your healing can miss? That sounds terrible.

Accuracy is still 60 + Skl * 4 for the enemies as well. Seeing Dark Mages miss their warping attempts is always hilarious.

Edited by BsTrD

Unlimited, 100% accurate status staves, and your healing can miss? That sounds terrible.

I found this better as the way FE6 and on handled proves that IS did a terrible job at trying to balance magic units since they went from broken offense and avoid reliant durability with some exceptions to average offense and crappy durability and then on to garbage in FE10.

FE6 Silence Staff is practically useless for example. As for the fact that the effect lasts forever, that was really only an issue in Chapter 12 the first time you go through it (unless you pick up the strategy and try to get it the first time).

Edited by Speedwagon

I found this better as the way FE6 and on handled proves that IS did a terrible job at trying to balance magic units since they went from broken offense and avoid reliant durability with some exceptions to average offense and crappy durability and then on to garbage in FE10.

FE6 Silence Staff is practically useless for example. As for the fact that the effect lasts forever, that was really only an issue in Chapter 12 the first time you go through it (unless you pick up the strategy and try to get it the first time).

FE6 mages were okay, so were FE7 mages and FE8 mages. FE9 mages were a bit weak, with average offense and meh durability/mobility, and FE10 mages were just bad at everything.

I mean, the niche application of mages as anti-armour units is good enough to outweigh their bad durability, but when FE10 Armours were fast enough to avoid being doubled by mages and had above-average RES too, they lost that niche. Except Micaiah, which is part of the reason why Micaiah is so goddamn high on the tier list compared to every other Sage.

Speaking of ridiculously fast generals, Gatrie's base speed is 20, while Ocsar's and Titana's is 21. An big buy in heavy armor is only slightly slower than people on horses.

Yeah...so I guess FE4's caps were quite well-placed after all, units with horses reached around 27 Spd, but then again, it was the same in FE9.

They went making foot units faster than mounted units. It's also ridiculous how BK has 35 Spd cap in FE9/10. Why so Spd based? If you look at his animation he takes forever to hit you.

Actually, the laguz thing would have been considerably better if they just made two changes

a: allow laguz to gain meter any time they enter battle while not transformed. Why they felt the need to only let them gain meter if they don't damage the enemy I'll never know.

b: allow them to transform whenever as long as they have at least 1 meter, rather than forcing them to reach 30.

These two things would have made it much more bearable. Not as nice as if you add olivi grass to the fe9 laguz system, but still decent.

The transformation system in RD wasn't what bugged me, actually. It was more the fact that, once you managed to fill that whole meter up, the Laguz don't seem to be worth the wait. In PoR, when Mordecai's bar filled, you could guarantee he's be one-shotting motherfuckers left and right until you got to Chapter somethingbiggerthan15 or so. I stopped using him past then for other reasons. In RD, when you pick Mordecai up, half the time he can hit as hard as Boyd, maybe, and the other half he's flimsy and weak. Lethe is even worse.

EDIT: Succinctly, in PoR another beorc could do 70% of what Mordecai could do half the time. In RD, another beorc could do 100+% of what Mordecai could do all the time.

Edited by Integrity

The transformation system in RD wasn't what bugged me, actually. It was more the fact that, once you managed to fill that whole meter up, the Laguz don't seem to be worth the wait. In PoR, when Mordecai's bar filled, you could guarantee he's be one-shotting motherfuckers left and right until you got to Chapter somethingbiggerthan15 or so. I stopped using him past then for other reasons. In RD, when you pick Mordecai up, half the time he can hit as hard as Boyd, maybe, and the other half he's flimsy and weak. Lethe is even worse.

EDIT: Succinctly, in PoR another beorc could do 70% of what Mordecai could do half the time. In RD, another beorc could do 100+% of what Mordecai could do all the time.

Lethe is bad in RD, which is a shame given how great she was in PoR, at least at the beginning. RD you can at least fix Mordy by giving him Resolve, since he takes almost no damage from anything while transformed. Ranulf does no better than Mia, which is aggravating when you consider his gauge.

The hawks, though, if you pump them up to tear can do better than most beorc at least. Then there is Volug in part 3 who will be your most durable. But aside from that, yeah it's annoying to work them up to 30 and then have them do nothing more than your beorc were already doing. Especially units like Lyre that are much worse offensively than any of your other units, even Mist when you consider a support puts her above Lyre's base mt and Mist gains exp like a 20/1 beorc because she is one while Lyre is gaining like a 20/14 beorc. 20/16 if you give her the bexp to double when she first appears.

Wait wait wait. WAS SOMEBODY BAD MOUTHING COMPLEXITY?

Well, if you need me, I'll be playing Armored Core. Don't worry, it's only for Answer, needn't worry about having your head explode.

FE2 - Making the two lords groups separate. It's an original idea, but I'd prefer only using the girl's group, cause all of my characters in it rocks HARD, while Alm's group is almost getting demolished every time they fight at least 3 mages. (My first time through, maybe I've got screwed friends.)

FE3 - Started it not too long ago, can't say.

FE4 - Uselessness of foot soldiers on some maps, and getting rushed by cavaliers, who all attack the same character. That guy has to endure 6-7 cavaliers attacks.

FE5 - Chapter 24x proves that IS is evil. Really really evil. Also some parts of the game are really luck-based. On a sidenote I didn't mind the 20 caps, the game's difficulty was really well made around it. I also liked the 1 to 99 RN, it adds a level of insecurity, found it great.

FE6 - Almost being forced to use one or the two cavaliers that serve Roy for supports so he doesn't get his ass handed to him. The likeliness of a unit being RNG-screwed, which I found to be higher in this game, don't know why. Maybe it's PEMN.

FE7 - Having to go through Lyn's mode every playthrough if I wanted to boost someone in it and get the stat-boosters on someone from it too. Also almost needing it so Lyn ain't garbage when she joins. Nino's stats, level and join time.

FE8 - Ewan. The game's overall difficulty. Game is too short.

FE9 - The amount of bonus exp, though I still have to play ard mode. o_o *runs off*

FE10 - Haven't tried it, but I'd say the healers speed cap... and being able to give anyone's skills to anyone, though I don't know the details.

FE11 - TEH GRAY X_X Horrible backgrounds, I thought the colors died. Reclass system...