Battle for Wesnoth

Parrhesia

Anyone else played this? I was already proclaiming it one of the best games I've played even BEFORE I found out how to rename guys.

As usual, I'm hesitant to go into MP, as I'll probably be beaten to death pathetically easily.

But yeah, thoughts?

Yeah, I used to play it a lot. I even made a bunch of addons for it; however, after years of playing, even Wesnoth got boring.

It's one of the greatest free games out there for sure, though I'm kind of disappointed that the graphics are losing more and more of their Anime/Manga style, as that's one of the things I liked about it most.

Still, it also has a really great multiplayer mode. I can absolutely recommend it.

I've been hyping Wesnoth on the forums for a while now. It's a shame that you've only found the game now, when I'm on too sketchy of an internet connection for online multiplayer.

I never tried the MP, because when I did try it I wasn't able to join a game in my first minute on the server. So then I just gave up.

The single player is rather fun, but the stories are absurdly bad by and large.

I never tried the MP, because when I did try it I wasn't able to join a game in my first minute on the server. So then I just gave up.

The single player is rather fun, but the stories are absurdly bad by and large.

Yeah, Tale of Two Brothers was by and large the worst. The rest seem okay, though.

I wanted to play Bugg in the orc campaign, personally.

I used to play this game a lot. I got frustrated with campaigns, though, because I play it Fire Emblem style (letting a small team of about 10 do everything) which is not the way you're supposed to play it.

I'm been playing avidly for about the last for years. I mostly do single player campaigns--at this point I've beaten my way through most of them, and I’m currently working my way through a bunch of old campaigns on Challenging. I feel like it’s only now I’m starting to get really good. I’ve also been working through a lot of add-ons: I thoroughly recommend Invasion from the Unkown, it’s better than a lot of the mainline ones we have now, although it gets a little weaker towards the end.

I would be glad to have a bout with anybody interested, just PM me if you want in.

Edited by Le Communard

I downloaded the Imperial (Multiplayer) Era, and have played quite a bit of it. A very good era, imo, with a mix of units from the original, and added units, some quite interesting and fun to use.

I downloaded the Imperial (Multiplayer) Era, and have played quite a bit of it. A very good era, imo, with a mix of units from the original, and added units, some quite interesting and fun to use.

Oh, I haven't tried it before. You on right now?

Oh, I haven't tried it before. You on right now?

Oh god, reminds me of how I should check this forum more often.

I'm basically just on sporadically really, but if I play online it will probably be with the screenname ZXValaRevan.

Oh god, reminds me of how I should check this forum more often.

I'm basically just on sporadically really, but if I play online it will probably be with the screenname ZXValaRevan.

I am game for a bout this second, if you are so inclined.