RIP OliverxRenning/Sedgar the Hero/Robert of Lenster/Merlinus the Jew/Candlejack

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, you really are scary... :mellow:

Nah ....

I've got some extra "renegade" points if you want'em B) (Mass Effect joke)

What's with this warn level crap, anyway?

I've got what looks to be 2 separate warns. I don't know where the recent one is from... probably Shuuda <_<

but I do know where the first one came from, and I gotta tell ya, it's total BS

Explanation: that first warn came a long time ago, I'm talking close to eight months ago. I got that damn warn for being in that argument in the religion thread, which no longer exists, which was in the serious discussion topic, which also no longer exists.

Argument? Well it was more or less just me vindicating myself while a few other atheists tried to beat me to death with a consensus flavored taffy stick called a "Sh*tstorm".

These warns (mine at least) NEVER go away... which means I'm inevitably going to get banned at some point in the future, right? It's not like some friendly mod is going to take that one warn off right? :huh:

I'm not going to whine about how unfair a permanent warn is, but for all who would try to have the friendly and gentle Phoenix banned, I will say this ...

DonovanSayingbringitfeatmadcat.gif

What's with this warn level crap, anyway?

I've got what looks to be 2 separate warns. I don't know where the recent one is from... probably Shuuda <_<

Click on the "warn status" link above your warn bar for details.

These warns (mine at least) NEVER go away... which means I'm inevitably going to get banned at some point in the future, right? It's not like some friendly mod is going to take that one warn off right?

There's a huge hole in your logic there, I'll let you figure it out by yourself.

Edited by TheEnd

Click on the "warn status" link above your warn bar for details.

Thanks? :mellow:

There's a huge hole in your logic there, I'll let you figure it out by yourself.

Can't you see I'm too emotionally invested to figure this out on my own?! :angry:

If there's a hole in this, please close it up, or don't comment on it.

Speaking as an emotionally invested fool...

Warn:

Bar goes up a notch...

Never goes down, only goes up...

First warn wasn't for breaking forum rules...

Probability of unwarranted warns is very high...

Inevitable ban if warn status cannot be reversed...

Only moderators in the area is Shuuda Speed Wagon... probability of assistance is less than 5%...

May be some kind of warn conspiracy going on...

Conclusion... f*cked :facepalm:

So it's like cancer, but you can't cure it with the H2O2 at the local pharmacy....

EDIT: *checks warn status* HAHAHAH!!! Now I see how he did it. It was a technicality.

Best to just leave the macro images in FFtF.

Congratz Shuuda, you're not a Phoenix seeking missile, you're just waiting for people to screw up. Nice moderating ya sadistic fella you :D

But seriously, when the hell do these warns go away? :o

Edited by Phoenix

Can't you see I'm too emotionally invested to figure this out on my own?! :angry:

I can't, this is the internet.

If there's a hole in this, please close it up, or don't comment on it.

Warn:

Bar goes up a notch...

Never goes down, only goes up...

First warn wasn't for breaking forum rules...

Protip: true, my first and only warn so far wasn't from breaking the rules.

It happened in September 2009, and was removed on February 2010.

Probability of unwarranted warns is very high...

Inevitable ban if warn status cannot be reversed...

It's kind of hard to get warned if you follow the rules.

EDIT: *checks warn status* HAHAHAH!!! Now I see how he did it. It was a technicality.

Best to just leave the macro images in FFtF.

Congratz Shuuda, you're not a Phoenix seeking missile, you're just waiting for people to screw up. Nice moderating ya sadistic fella you

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

But seriously, when the hell do these warns go away? :o

Months of good behavior, apparently.

Edited by TheEnd

It's probably closer to just "when they remember to" than "months of good behavior"

Hence "apparently."

But I'd say it's actually closer to "randomly." Last time I asked Vincent about it, warns weren't being removed for good behavior anymore, so...

Edited by TheEnd

Hence "apparently."

But I'd say it's actually closer to "randomly." Last time I asked Vincent about it, warns weren't being removed for good behavior anymore, so...

... f*cked :facepalm:

Hence "apparently."

So it's really only a matter of time before we all get banned then... :mellow:

I really disagree with no removal of warns, but it's not like it's our decision to make. If you're clean for a couple of months, I really see no good reason why your warn level shouldn't drop to compensate.

That would only be true if we regularly got new warns.

And guess what.

Hmm, I guess that you mean to imply that you do not get new warns then. Still, I do not see a single good reason why you shouldn't be able to be forgiven over time if you are not breaking any rules.

Hmm, can you be warned for necro posting or stuff like that? It'd really suck if you could get warned for that and it never got removed.

Who knows. Probably won't warn-level you on a first offense, though I'm sure the mods can if they feel like it.

BTW my only warn was for a discussion in some dude's intro thread (don't know his name, but at the time he had an avatar of a kind of fat looking dude making some kind of pointing or thumbs up gesture). I think I was telling him he was stupid, and I doubt I was doing it very nicely since Wist described it as "brutally unfriendly" which made me feel pretty bad.

My only issue is that the conversation felt like a jokingly insulting one to me on both sides. From what I remember of his posts they were more troll'ish stupidity than actual stupidity, and I don't think we were taking each other seriously (?).

The warn was added in feb 09 and taken away in oct 09. That's about 6 months, much like TheEnd's warn. I'm guessing that's about the length of the moratorium they put the warns on, if people really care post your own warn receive/clear notices up!

BTW my only warn was for a discussion in some dude's intro thread (don't know his name, but at the time he had an avatar of a kind of fat looking dude making some kind of pointing or thumbs up gesture). I think I was telling him he was stupid, and I doubt I was doing it very nicely since Wist described it as "brutally unfriendly" which made me feel pretty bad.

My only issue is that the conversation felt like a jokingly insulting one to me on both sides. From what I remember of his posts they were more troll'ish stupidity than actual stupidity, and I don't think we were taking each other seriously (?).

The warn was added in feb 09 and taken away in oct 09. That's about 6 months, much like TheEnd's warn. I'm guessing that's about the length of the moratorium they put the warns on, if people really care post your own warn receive/clear notices up!

Hmm, I think three months of good behavior is plenty long to see warn level removed, but like I said, it's not our decision to make. But still, the ability to EVENTUALLY have them removed is better than no chance at all...

It's probably closer to just "when they remember to" than "months of good behavior"

I'm inclined to believe this. I was warned once (and only once) because...I actually have no clue. I think it was 'cause I told a mod he wasn't doing his job properly or something. :\ Anyway I was suspended for two days and a slight raised warn level. It never went away and I was worried it was permanent stain on my record. It was there for two months until literally a few days ago when I noticed it was gone.

Edited by El Rey León

I think it was 'cause I told a mod he wasn't doing his job properly or something. :\

Well, I think there is a rule against mini-modding, and disagreeing with mods on the way they do their jobs does run in line with that.

Edited by SeverIan