nightmare....

Liz

i downloaded nightmare in order to hack into Sacred Stones (cause supposedly nightmare is an easier program to use).

i tried it out by modifying Eirika's to see if it worked, made all her growths 100, base stats 10, no skills of any kind, and in the drop down menu's i picked everything with eirika's name in it. i didn't mess with the hex stuff, though, i don't know anything about hex editing......

i got an error message.

error reading image1997 - fire emblem - the sacred stones.

whats up with that?

I dunno, but I just downloaded the emulator for the Vba, then used Action replay codes to get instant level ups.

(It makes the levels go past 20 and they still gain stats. So everyone I felt like using capped evurything.)

I dunno, but I just downloaded the emulator for the Vba, then used Action replay codes to get instant level ups.

(It makes the levels go past 20 and they still gain stats. So everyone I felt like using capped evurything.)

the point is, that i want to end up modifying the enemy stats to make the game more challenging, but i'm like completely at a blank about how to do it.

I dunno--it might matter what version of the game you're attempting to modify (Japanese, American, or European) and possibly whether or not the ROM is set to read-only. I don't use Nightmare, so hopefully someone who does can help you out~

I dunno--it might matter what version of the game you're attempting to modify (Japanese, American, or European) and possibly whether or not the ROM is set to read-only. I don't use Nightmare, so hopefully someone who does can help you out~

the version is American and the ROM is not set to read-only or hidden.

It sounds like what Celice said.

Also you are loading the ROM file (the ~16 MB file) as well, right? It sounds obvious, but I sometimes mess up by opening the wrong file >___<

well, all i do is open the ROM file, then load the module of the thing i want to modify (in this case, the character editor)

maybe i'm forgetting something.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Uh, pretty simple stuff. Get Sacred Stones.

Open Nightmare. Make sure ROM is UNZIPPED. Open ROM with Nightmare. Open Module with Nightmare. Modify the things you want to modify.

Post screenies though, and I might be able to help.

lol! this is an old thread, indeed!

i figured it out already

apparently i hadn't unzipped it! XD

i have moved on to using a hex editor now, so this thread is old and unnecessary!

Edited by Empress Alina