Lunar and Solar Routes

Psych

Solar: Eyrios is a great character, but can't be used if Olwen is alive or captured

You can also recruit him if you don't recruit Olwen and leave her an NPC unit (Chapter 11X).

It also works for Blizzard, except you have more range (3-10 + mov), less uses (5 is still enough) and arguably you have less A Wind units than A Swords.

Blizzard is hardly obtainable. You can only get one from a boss in Chapter 21 provided that you capture him before he uses it all up. There are two in Chapter 19, but you really cannot get Tina's Mag high enough (Even with a Pure Water) to be able to steal theirs. Though I could be wrong with a Mag Ring.

100%. The Sleep Swords you can get from the Solar route makes capturing extremely easy, specially in the hands of Machua.

Or Lifis/Pahn as Rogues Thief Fighters or any other sword user with the Ambush skill.

Edited by Joey

Or Lifis/Pahn as Rogues Thief Fighters or any other sword user with the Ambush skill.

Wouldn't you prefer to use a unit that can get 20 skill and 20 luck? 115 base hit, rather than the 87.25 hit that a max level (no scroll) Lifis has on average? This makes Felgus a pretty good user, provided he doesn't miss the first attack (he will crit the second, and some things may die).

Machua's ambush could come in handy, of course, but then you might end up wasting uses on things you don't care about capturing if she tries to use it on enemy phase. She has decent luck, though. Marita can make a pretty good user as well, considering how quickly she'll hit 20 skill/20 luck.

Felgus can get 125 with Karin around, and I suppose there are the stars from Leaf and others to push that to 131, 134, 137 depending on how many there are. Then charisma from Nanna and the King Sword. Lifis is only getting +10 from Saphy, who may not be that close to the enemies. With just stars and charsimas, he barely reaches the supportless/charsimaless/starless hit of units like Felgus.

Wouldn't you prefer to use a unit that can get 20 skill and 20 luck? 115 base hit, rather than the 87.25 hit that a max level (no scroll) Lifis has on average? This makes Felgus a pretty good user, provided he doesn't miss the first attack (he will crit the second, and some things may die).

For player phase, yes. For enemy phase? The reduced avoid makes more inclined to have it on someone who can sleep the enemy before hitting.

Machua's ambush could come in handy, of course, but then you might end up wasting uses on things you don't care about capturing if she tries to use it on enemy phase. She has decent luck, though. Marita can make a pretty good user as well, considering how quickly she'll hit 20 skill/20 luck.

In the case of Machua, if you're going to have her end her turn with the Sleep Sword still equipped, it's because you either want her to sleep enemies on the enemy phase or you made a mistake. As for Marita, I don't use her and I don't know if Moonlight or Astra would result in the death of the enemy at a higher chance than your typical 25% max crit.

It's a good thing the Swords aren't in the Lunar route instead of Solar because there'd be even more hit issues than normal.

Edited by Speedwagon

For player phase, yes. For enemy phase? The reduced avoid makes more inclined to have it on someone who can sleep the enemy before hitting.

In the case of Machua, if you're going to have her end her turn with the Sleep Sword still equipped, it's because you either want her to sleep enemies on the enemy phase or you made a mistake. As for Marita, I don't use her and I don't know if Moonlight or Astra would result in the death of the enemy at a higher chance than your typical 25% max crit.

It's a good thing the Swords aren't in the Lunar route instead of Solar because there'd be even more hit issues than normal.

Yeah, I forgot about Marita's skills. Moonlight + crit is a low probability (4% at max skill against 0 luck without her supports), but not very many things have more than 56 hp. I haven't finished the game, so I'm not sure they ever get there. When those two abilities activate together, stuff dies. Also, give her the shooting star convo and the probability of killing increases and to make matters worse she's also potentially going to burn through the sword faster (especially if she doesn't just crit early to get it over with).

Anyway, wrt any unit with ambush I'm just saying I can't imagine very often you'll want to sleep everything a unit might encounter on enemy phase. Now, if there is a specific enemy that you just can't reach but he's the only one that will reach your unit on enemy phase, I guess it could be useful.

And I think Marita would be funny if there were no speed caps at all. 45.6 spd at 20/20. Even Karin doesn't reach that. (42.6). Karin has considerably better luck, though (if there also wasn't a luck cap), and would probably more than make up for the missing 6 avo from spd. (Asvel hits 41.5).

Felgus can get 125 with Karin around, and I suppose there are the stars from Leaf and others to push that to 131, 134, 137 depending on how many there are. Then charisma from Nanna and the King Sword. Lifis is only getting +10 from Saphy, who may not be that close to the enemies. With just stars and charsimas, he barely reaches the supportless/charsimaless/starless hit of units like Felgus.

That's why I said any other sword user with Ambush. Although if you HAD to you could use Lifis and Pahn as alternative options especially if you're going Solar route where you can get three swords.

I consider him to be the absolutely worst unit of the entire FE series(Yes even more useless than Meg and maybe even Est)

The fact that he has Bargain skill makes him instantaneously better than Meg. And as for Est, just no. Never even close.

I dunno which you should go for. You could save it at the beginning of ch. 15 in two files and do both, I guess.