Historical Figures Battles Round I, Part 2

Mousefire

25 members have voted

1. 1. Miyamoto Musashi vs Paul Revere

• Miyamoto Musashi
    • Paul Revere

Paul Revere is heavily mythologized.

So is Miyamoto Musashi.

Anyway, I'm going to do something different and vote for Paul Revere.

So is Miyamoto Musashi.

that was...unexpected to say the least. Wow, sashi...it was almost disappointing...voting for paul revere...shame on you!

Edited by Hatari

So is Miyamoto Musashi.

True, but a lot of Musashi's myths weren't myths at all. For example, his famous duel with Kojiro went down exactly like it is said.

Paul Revere's famous Midnight Ride is heavily glorified, most due to Longfellow's poem. The real man is pretty different from how he's taught in grade schools.

So is Miyamoto Musashi.

Shame on you, disgracing your own namesake. Shame.

You know what. I don't think I have to say. Go look yourself, it's a public poll.

Also, Paul Revere wasn't even the only rider shouting "the regulars are coming!", but there's only one of MM.

True, but a lot of Musashi's myths weren't myths at all. For example, his famous duel with Kojiro went down exactly like it is said.

Paul Revere's famous Midnight Ride is heavily glorified, most due to Longfellow's poem. The real man is pretty different from how he's taught in grade schools.

Paul Revere may be heavily glorified, but saying that Musashi's duel with Kojiro beforehand strikes me as a bit contradictory. There are precious few actual historical documents regarding Musashi's most famous duel. Much of what is known about it comes from later writings such the Nitenki, which is not only biased but has also been shown to be unreliable at points. The waters are further muddied by the innumerable fictionalized accounts of the duel, such as Eiji Yoshikawa's novel Musashi (which is an excellent book by the way).