FE Debating 201

Progenitus

I think I've found a way to insta-win any debate then. If the exponent is 0, unless (1-E) is also 0, p will come out to be 1. The easiest value then to get 0 in the exponent is n, as to do this, you simply make no posts. Therefore, by not arguing, you instantly win any debate ever, unless you're against Int, which causes a black hole.

This formula is genius.

Ah, but you forgot that if you don't post at all, then you're clearly not supporting your side. This means that z is also 0. Thus we have 0/0 in the formula for a.

Ah, but you forgot that if you don't post at all, then you're clearly not supporting your side. This means that z is also 0. Thus we have 0/0 in the formula for a.

That's certainly a problem. But it's a matter of interpretation as to whether or not you support your side. Thoughts vs. Actions. What's the most important and what affects the formula?

This thread is awesome!

Only if you have an opinion no one else shares.

Are you referring to me? I am not being sarcastic at all. Professor Smash doesn't appear to be sarcastic in his work here, either. Though I do agree that a greater level of sarcasm can make other debaters perceive the opponent's IQ value to be lower than it actually is, and therefore increase your chances of winning the debate.

It was in reference to most debaters in general, not that it's annoying, I'm just wondering why most tend to do it.

Even if Professor Smash is bitter (he does not seem to be, he simply seems to be trying to educate the community, what's wrong with that?), can you blame him? The retired Professor Paperblade stated that he felt as though one of his main hobbies had been effectively ruined and taken away from him. If I felt that someone had stolen my Xbox 360 from me, I would likely feel quite bitter towards them.