WTF Sety's Speed?

Thor Odinson

So, I was playing FE4, and all was well, I was preparing to fight Ishtar's group on C11, and I was checking everyone's stats. Then I noticed Sety having 16 speed.

I do know that Sety's base speed and growth is so ridiculous that it sometimes does wrap back around. However, this is different.

I had max-level Sety at the beginning of the chapter, before I did anything except clear the arena for Holsety repair funds, and he had 30 SPD. I checked my start-of-chapter savestate. I also checked my other saves, and it seemed that his speed suddenly decreased 14 points by itself, with no level-ups (being lv 30 and all) between the capture of Edda and the capture of Dozel.

So here's my Sety now:

14ttpaq.jpg

And Sety at the beginning of the chapter:

1zf21r4.jpg

All other stats stayed the same. I don't know what happened there. I switched to Elwind to see if it's just Holsety being weird and the speed stayed 16.

(But Ishtar will go down fast with my overkill!Hero sword with Lakche anyway)

And on another note, it appears that they don't register any more kills after 100 since Celice's Silver sword's been at 100 since C9 or 10 and I prefer to use it rather than Tyrfing due to fund issues.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

That's odd, I haven't experienced a glitch like that. Maybe resetting the game would help.

Oh yeah, and it's normal for weapons not to register kills past 100. It was meant to be like that.

Edited by Joey

Did you reset the game during the chapter? I atleast don't get the SPD glitch unless I have reset once in the Second Gen.

I tested it out and that happened again. Thanks!

Damn you Celice and your leadership stars.

I may to reset it again and see what happens.

Speedwagon-yeah. I want to try Holsety!Arthur sometimes, but I can never train Tiltyu properly. D8 Any tips?

Edit: Resetting it still has his SPD at 16 ;____; oh well.

Speedwagon-yeah. I want to try Holsety!Arthur sometimes, but I can never train Tiltyu properly. D8 Any tips?

You don't have to >_>. Usually I just have her and Levin stand next to each other in chapter 4 till they fall in love. You could also do that with some of the remaining turns (to 50) in Chapter 3 as well.

Speedwagon-yeah. I want to try Holsety!Arthur sometimes, but I can never train Tiltyu properly.

Don't worry too much about Tiltyu's stats as Arthur will be mainly inheriting most of Levin's stats. But you won't regret giving Holsety to Arthur as he is amazing with it especially if you toss him a Pursuit ring and then if you want you could even toss him the Elite Ring to make him even more broken. With the Elite Ring he should be able to promote during Chapter 7 if I remember. Meaning not only will you have Holsety for pretty much the entire second gen but you'll also have Holsety on a horse for most of the second gen. And by giving him the pursuit ring he'll be guaranteed to double meaning he will 1RKO 99% of the units effortlessly.

You don't have to >_>. Usually I just have her and Levin stand next to each other in chapter 4 till they fall in love. You could also do that with some of the remaining turns (to 50) in Chapter 3 as well.

I know. I just want to have Arthur and Tinny's starting stats higher. I know Levin will give pretty overkill stats anyway being one of the people who reaches lv30 first, but Tiltyu usually lags around level 7.

Due to my inability to level either Azel or Tiltyu beyond level 10, Arthur and Tinny's stats are usually crap on my plays, and I would really like to use them.

Joey-Sounds good, then. I'll do that on my next playthrough. Now I'll just have to keep Sylvia and Fury away from Levin at all costs. >__<

Raising Tiltyu ten levels shouldn't be a problem.

So simple, yet so difficult to figure out

Yes, that's me playing, and yes, that's my youtube channel.

:o I should try that. It's such a good plan.

Speedwagon-I'll try that too. Though that'd also mean leveling Dew up. I guess I'll have to transfer the Light Sword, then, on my next play.

It doesn't help that the enemies in Chapter 4 are almost completely Wind Mages, who have WTA and pretty decent res, and Javelin Pegasi.

Best part of that being that she starts as a thunder mage and thus only has access to thunder, rather than a simple mage like Tinny/Arthur which gets access to all. Now, being a thunder mage with minor tordo has the advantage of getting her Tron (B + 1 rather than C + 1) which lets her OHKO pretty much anything with a crit, but even so it can be annoying to not have access to wind until promotion.

I managed to get her to lv. 14 as of start of Chapter 4 with Sidney Crysby's method+Dew's entire savings->Elite Ring.

It's also annoying that Wind is much, much lighter. I may have to feed her a bunch of kills for her to get to Lv20 before C5.

Except that my units either easily ORKO enemies or are easily killed by enemies. Well crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless she gets hit first before she can even Wrath anyone.

5 move is not exactly very nice to work with, either.

I haven't done it in years, but it's very possible to get a few level ups with the pirates in the Tower of Blaggi section. I think if you get him by the second pirate, you will be able to take out the rest of the pirates without being in their range. You have to be smart with how you move your character. If you're smart, you will always be to one to initiate the attack thus killing the pirate in 1 hit.