I need help for a story

Didn't the United States once almost divide itself or something before (I was thinking of the Join or Die thingy but looked it up... not so much...)? I thought I remembered something like this, but here's my plan pretty much.

The...Civil War?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

('Scuse me for the double post but I have to get help and bump this up.)

Well, I think I may have come up with something. (I love the song "With Eyes Wide Shut" it always pulls me through and has inspired so many ideas/solutions that I've needed even though it doesn't relate to the story at all)

I think this almost happened once but idk so first I'd have to ask you all.

Didn't the United States once almost divide itself or something before (I was thinking of the Join or Die thingy but looked it up... not so much...)? I thought I remembered something like this, but here's my plan pretty much.

Before it gets to that though, I was thinking that this "horrible plan/solution" maybe could have been restrained by some law or something about it because that's how bad it is, but maybe it'd be too hard to reinforce.

So perhaps those who were "victims" would ask to be allowed to be split apart from the United States to try support themselves or something and then they'd be allowed to and while they do try to keep their new nation (or whatever it could be called) together it's not managed as well but still slightly (because that's part of the storyline already and I believe something like this happened to Russia but idk what I'm trying to remember)...

And I think that seals that one seam that's all that's left in my plot... Do you all think it works?

Boy do I hope this works I've had to freeze up my writing because of this one small thing that affects so much.

You're trying to make a secession plot? Oh! I know! Read the constitution! There's bunch of stuff in there just waiting to get violated under martial law ;)

The...Civil War?

I know I was thinking the same thing :lol:

The...Civil War?

Oh yeah duh... I believe that was what I was thinking of. :D

You're trying to make a secession plot? Oh! I know! Read the constitution! There's bunch of stuff in there just waiting to get violated under martial law ;)

I know I was thinking the same thing :lol:

OH YEAH SECESSION SECESSION!!!! I REMEMBER NOW!!! Okie dokie.

Now I'm not entirely sure how I could let the government approve this because this is supposed to be happening during a depression so wouldn't it be hard to survive as a new nation with hardly any money?

OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They won't split by states though...................................... Could that still work?

Edited by Freohr Datia

Oh yeah duh... I believe that was what I was thinking of. :D

OH YEAH SECESSION SECESSION!!!! I REMEMBER NOW!!! Okie dokie.

Now I'm not entirely sure how I could let the government approve this because this is supposed to be happening during a depression so wouldn't it be hard to survive as a new nation with hardly any money?

That depends. The "new" nation would probably try to establish trade with other nations and the like to give itself a boost. But they would initially have to rely on imports directly from old America, whatever they took with them, and anything they could scrounge up. They'd probably have to rely on martial law to keep stability until they had a functioning economy. This story of yours has some incredibly violent potential :unsure:

That depends. The "new" nation would probably try to establish trade with other nations and the like to give itself a boost. But they would initially have to rely on imports directly from old America, whatever they took with them, and anything they could scrounge up. They'd probably have to rely on martial law to keep stability until they had a functioning economy. This story of yours has some incredibly violent potential :unsure:

Heehee not sure though because military trying to calm down pplz and stuff is not the main focus. Pretty much the story explains what has happened in the beginning because all of this secession stuff happens before the starting point of the actual story.

Heehee not sure though because military trying to calm down pplz and stuff is not the main focus. Pretty much the story explains what has happened in the beginning because all of this secession stuff happens before the starting point of the actual story.

The militray's not really there to calm the down persay :unsure:

More like "If you get out of line, we will shoot you"

Say, are these new guys running under the same principles/constitution/laws/foundations the original America was founded on, or are they just struggling too much to form a government? That'd give me a better idea of how the situation would look in real life.

The militray's not really there to calm the down persay :unsure:

More like "If you get out of line, we will shoot you"

Say, are these new guys running under the same principles/constitution/laws/foundations the original America was founded on, or are they just struggling too much to form a government? That'd give me a better idea of how the situation would look in real life.

Weeeell... yeah that was just my way of saying it XD By calming them down I meant... well... silencing them :D

They will be struggling to form a new government. (Although I think that actually wouldn't have happened yet because the plan was everyone would be acting on their own for now or something. The problem is would they be allowed to separate if they aren't ready?)

Weeeell... yeah that was just my way of saying it XD By calming them down I meant... well... silencing them :D

They will be struggling to form a new government. (Although I think that actually wouldn't have happened yet because the plan was everyone would be acting on their own for now or something. The problem is would they be allowed to separate if they aren't ready?)

No, if they aren't ready, the government would try to stop them. In a real scenario, this would get extremely violent initially. If they didn't have a ready made government established, Old America would almost certainly force them to stay... by ... "silencing" ... some of them :D

The only reason America successfully broke away from the Brits is because they had to cross an ocean to fight us, and we had the power to drive them back. We never faced the full might of Briton, only what they could send after us, or we'd be Western Briton right now :(

No, if they aren't ready, the government would try to stop them. In a real scenario, this would get extremely violent initially. If they didn't have a ready made government established, Old America would almost certainly force them to stay... by ... "silencing" ... some of them :D

The only reason America successfully broke away from the Brits is because they had to cross an ocean to fight us, and we had the power to drive them back. We never faced the full might of Briton, only what they could send after us, or we'd be Western Briton right now :(

Ah, yes that's my problem. I want to make this as realistic of a story as I can and leave it as the same storyline as was planned...

So!... They'll either have something thought out already and I'll change the story a little bit... or there'll be another civil war... =o

I think I'll just make them already have a system found out. Much easier. =)

Thanks for helping!!! =D

Oh yeah actually thanks to everyone else who tried helping out too! I am definitely feeling better about this.

Edited by Freohr Datia

No problem. And also, I'm trying to figure out how to get the creative section into a new golden age of views and responses. The best way to do that is to fill it with awesome works, great stories, and spread the word out. There's a rule against advertising threads so I'll have to think of another way to get started on this. If you're interested in helping out with that, let me know, and that goes for everyone else who'd enjoy seeing the same :D

No problem. And also, I'm trying to figure out how to get the creative section into a new golden age of views and responses. The best way to do that is to fill it with awesome works, great stories, and spread the word out. There's a rule against advertising threads so I'll have to think of another way to get started on this. If you're interested in helping out with that, let me know, and that goes for everyone else who'd enjoy seeing the same :D

Hmm... how could we do that? :mellow:

Umm... by rounding up a bunch of creative section fans under the rule of the RE, and then using political power to shape the forum through advertising and incentives.

Things would go smoother if we had more great works in the creative section to help boost visits, so get crackin on that story to start. I'll focus on building a creative army :)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey I thought people didn't go past the first 13 states because they didn't want to travel past the appalachian mountains but the states stretch much further than the aps it looks like.

(Yes this relates to my story)

Edited by Freohr Datia