Text and Battle animation problem

Sephie-chan

Hi everyone,

I started to hack FE 8 and first I wanted to change the names of the characters. So I'd opened FEdtiors Text Editor, which worked fine with FE6, picked the names and started to change them. But some names (mostly all) get confused with each other. For example I renamed Gillaim into Sai and Garcia into Ike, of course I clicked the Apply botton. When I switch from "Ike" to another and then to "Sai" he is also called "Ike". If i change it back to "Sai" them thing happens. Also when I renamed Ephriam, Forde and Kyle, their names get mixed up with eath other. Mostly all Characters after them are only lettergarbage. What can I do?

Another question is the famous insert-battle-animation-question. I've dumped Eliwoods lord sprite and recolored it using usenti. When I import it to FEditor it say that there mor then 16 colors, but that can't be, I've every sheet it have 16 colors. Am I did something wrong?

Dg

Sephie-chan

I programmed FEditor to hate people at random. Once it does, it can never un-hate them.

You'll just have to be someone else for a few days I guess. :/

I programmed FEditor to hate people at random. Once it does, it can never un-hate them.

You'll just have to be someone else for a few days I guess. :/

I knew it! <_<

But on the animation thing, don't you have to hex-edit the color values in a hex editor for it to work properly recolored?