Soanevalcke, how do you pronounce it?

Okay, so "Soanevalcke6" has been my Username for EVERYTHING for years now, and I never took the time to learn how to Really Pronounce it, so I just Pronounced it with Spanish Letters like "So-neh-val-kay"

But I was wondering, how do you pronounce it in Japanese (I dont want what you THINK it is, I want what it really is)

btw, Stefans, Obviously my Favorite Character, if you didnt get that by now from my name... or this Topic =P

It's Stefan's Japanese name. It implies he's Soan's descendant.

I pronounce it "Sow-neh-val-kay"

EDIT: In Japanese, it's "Sōnbaruke" according to the SF main site.

Edited by Robin Mask

Sone-uh-val-key, I think.

First syllable is like 'zone' but with an s instead of a z.

Second is just 'uh'

Third syllable is the same as the 'val' in 'valve'

And the final syllable is just like the word key.

That'd be my guess, but I don't know for sure. And I'm probably dead wrong too.

Okay, so "Soanevalcke6" has been my Username for EVERYTHING for years now, and I never took the time to learn how to Really Pronounce it, so I just Pronounced it with Spanish Letters like "So-neh-val-kay"

But I was wondering, how do you pronounce it in Japanese (I dont want what you THINK it is, I want what it really is)

btw, Stefans, Obviously my Favorite Character, if you didnt get that by now from my name... or this Topic =P

Um, did everyone ignore the bolded line? I'm thinking he was hoping for someone fluent in English and Japanese to tell him exactly how it is supposed to be pronounced, not "I pronounce it blah", "I pronounce it blah blah", etc etc.

I thought he meant for us to post the way it's pronounced in Japanese, so I put it in my post. Dunno what else you'd want, with a little common sense you can figure out how it's pronounced in English. *Shrug*

Though I guess someone who is fluent in Japanese can help us find the absolutely correct pronunciation.

I thought he meant for us to post the way it's pronounced in Japanese, so I put it in my post. Dunno what else you'd want, with a little common sense you can figure out how it's pronounced in English. *Shrug*

Though I guess someone who is fluent in Japanese can help us find the absolutely correct pronunciation.

Okay, I probably shouldn't have said "everyone". sorry. But did you see some of the other posts? The TC specifically asked for people not to do some of that.

I meant the correct English translation, sorry about that. Is there even such a thing?

Well, Japanese has some different pronunciation than English so you can't type it out in English phonetically. But you could still try. A person fluent in Japanese should at least be able to make an effort that approximates the pronunciation. Aside from that, the only other thing would be get a Japanese speaker to say the word and record it then post it somewhere.

Yeah, I meant like how localisers...localise names. Something like that. This name probably has some European roots (or so I remember reading here a long time ago), so it should be Westernised with little problem.

• 2 months later...