My RPG

sunshineYON

I recently made an RPG with RPG Maker VX. It is based on the manga Hayate no Gotoku!

But I feel like you don't have to know the series to enjoy the game.

It contains many parodies to popular RPG series and anime.

(including Zelda, FF, Pokemon, Chrono Trigger)

It is a basically a huge satire based on JRPGs in general.

Here is the download link if anyone is interested.

The combat system is kinda similar to the Tales combat system. At least it was an inspiration. It is completely real-time and has the item use penalty, just like in most Tales games.

Here are some screenshots:

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Edited by Deretsun

Seems to freeze up during the self-extracting process when you click the file. Use WinRAR if you have any problems extracting the files.

...A minute or two into the RPG and I'm already laughing my as off. XD

Edited by theonefate

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I'm testing whether it is true that there are problems with extraction.

Are you familiar with the series?

But apparently, if the extraction fails, you can just use winRar, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What is this fan-made game in which the English is correct and the humor funny? ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS IMPOSSIBLE! DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?

The game extracted without issue for me, I won't pretend I can make a guess as to what might cause an error for some. I'm unfamiliar with the series but I might actually give this some time tonight thanks to a positive initial impression.

(One spelling error I noticed).

Is there any way to play this on a mac?

Sorry, I don't think mac supports this :(

haha, one thing I forgot to mention is that this game is only a demo. The full version is getting worked on, but will not be out for a while. The gameplay lasts roughly 2 to 3 hours. I can beat it in like an hour because I've playtested it like a bazillion times.

The demo is complete though, meaning the game just doesn't randomly stop. There is a mini ending, resolution and everything.

Edited by Deretsun

Know it a little but not too much. Also, am I the only one who finds combat a bit...tedious? Those "botherers" don't exactly help either.

I spent probably the longest on the combat system. I tried to make it as different as possible. Many of the games that are made with this engine uses generic RPG turn based systems, and I felt like I needed something more than that. The combat should get better as you learn more spells in the future. Also, once you level up more, you should be able to dispatch your enemies quicker.

It is one of my major concerns and I will continue to improve on it. But to be fair, many RPG's have monotonous combat systems... in the very beginning of the game. Like in Pokemon, when you start with tackle and growl or something.

What is this fan-made game in which the English is correct and the humor funny? ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THIS IMPOSSIBLE! DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?

The game extracted without issue for me, I won't pretend I can make a guess as to what might cause an error for some. I'm unfamiliar with the series but I might actually give this some time tonight thanks to a positive initial impression.

(One spelling error I noticed).

Thanks for the enthusiasm. Also, you, my friend, have eyes of an eagle. Aggravating, I presume.