Mafia HQ

Tables

What Tables said.

Honestly, while Tables and I aren't trying to declare ourselves as "Gods of Mafia" (when I do it in games, I do it as a joke), what this is going to do is to weed out poorly designed games. Lightning's current game is truly the straw that broke the camel's back since he decided to start the game before writing any of the role PMs.

While real life is clearly allowed to get in the way of hosting games, it's OK to wait until you're set up before starting the game. Same with worrying about balance issues.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's pretty much a summary of what we want to do. We're not trying to stop novices hosting games, rather, we're trying to give you a helping hand in the process. Unless your plan is beyond repair, we'll almost certainly either approve, send you away with suggestions to improve, or start a dialogue to improve the game together.

Oh, one other rule Life suggested is that everyone has a max of 1 game in the queue at a time. You can add a new game to the queue once your current queued game starts. This would apply individually to both queues, and would have the advantage of allowing people to host games as frequently as 1/(number of people hosting games) or less, which is as fair as you're reasonably going to get.

I can agree with that. Look at it now.

Upcoming games

* Cocytus' Mafia III (Starting December 1st) - Cocytus

* Sync's Mafia II - JB25/Amelia (Starting mid-December)

* Tales of Vesperia Mafia - Psychout50

* Psychout50's Mafia - Psychout50

* Italian Mafia - Levity

* Cavalier Mafia - Spykor

* Disgaea Mafia - Lux Aeterna

* Mafia Games Mafia - I Eat Tables

* Lovey Dovey couples Mafia - Psych/I Eat Tables

* Elibian Nights Mafia - Jean-Marc

* Tarantino Mafia - Furetchen

* Psych's Mafia - Psych

* Mafia in the Books - Life

* Serenes Forest Mafia - Lightning

* WoMC's Mafia - WoMC

* Tales Villains - JB25

* Another I Eat Tables Mafia - I Eat Tables

* Greek Gods Mafia - JB25

* Spykor's Mafia - Spykor

That is a fucking ridiculous. That's 20 games. 20. Skypor's game probably won't start until the summer. It's just... mind-boggling.

Upcoming games

* Cocytus' Mafia III (Starting December 1st) - Cocytus

* Sync's Mafia II - JB25/Amelia (Starting mid-December)

* Tales of Vesperia Mafia - Psychout50

* Psychout50's Mafia - Psychout50

* Italian Mafia - Levity

* Cavalier Mafia - Spykor

* Disgaea Mafia - Lux Aeterna

* Mafia Games Mafia - I Eat Tables

* Lovey Dovey couples Mafia - Psych/I Eat Tables

* Elibian Nights Mafia - Jean-Marc

* Tarantino Mafia - Furetchen

* Psych's Mafia - Psych

* Mafia in the Books - Life

* Serenes Forest Mafia - Lightning

* WoMC's Mafia - WoMC

* Tales Villains - JB25

* Another I Eat Tables Mafia - I Eat Tables

* Greek Gods Mafia - JB25

* Spykor's Mafia - Spykor

Upcoming Mini-mafia games

Linked Mafia - I Eat Tables

Elements Mafia - JB25 (Starting after October 20th)

The Resistance 2: Now with roles! - I Eat Tables

Highschool Mafia - Psych

Uhai's Mini Mafia - Uhai

Tales Summon Spirits Mafia - JB25

Remove those bolded games for me.

I say 1 per each queue.

And I'm gonna keep the Lovey thing in since...well, Tables knows.

Alright. What are people's opinions regarding grandfather clausing (that is, for games in the queue):

• Having a veteran mod verify games before they run
  • Cutting games out of the list

I'm thinking it's actually worth using the list as it currently stands and applying all of these new rules to it.

Honestly, it matters probably more than anybody else's. Because as someone who doesn't host, you're looking from the outside to make things as good as possibly for people playing the games. Which is ultimately what matters.

But I'd like to hear from other hosts as well to see what they thing.

I cut some, and I'm fine with presenting things to people, one of which is being co-modded.

I suppose I can just send things to Fayt when Tables and Life are off doing whatever or in my game.

Though I only have to host one more.....and it's next, after Table's game/Bizz.

I can agree with that. Look at it now.

That is a fucking ridiculous. That's 20 games. 20. Skypor's game probably won't start until the summer. It's just... mind-boggling.

Bold: Stop spelling my name wrong lol jk ;)

So what are we going to do? Stop allowing new entries from people who are already hosting, or cut ones that exist?

Bold: Stop spelling my name wrong lol jk ;)

So what are we going to do? Stop allowing new entries from people who are already hosting, or cut ones that exist?

Are you actually that stupid? Why don't you ever use your brain?

Obviously, you can only have one game in the queue. If you have an ongoing game (like one that is being played at the time), then it's fine to sign up for your next game. But something like having 4 or 5 games in the queue is stupid as hell (notice that I have only 1 against Psych's 4).

No Life, I was asking "how are we going to cut the games" essentially.

Yeah, I think he's just asking whether or not the 'one game in the queue at a time' rule was going to be retroactive, or if all the games already on the list were going to stay on, but no one would be able to start another game until they had none in the queue.

I personally believe that the rule should become retroactive, and people keep the game they're working on the most currently on the queue and take the others off now, and submit them again once their next game is completed.

Edit: and Psych, I see five games of yours on the list, not four or three. One mini-game, one co-modded with Tables, and three others...

Edited by Radiant Dragon

The problem is that most of the mafia addicts (Tables, Ulki, Me, Life, etc.) will probably sign up for all of these and then have like 6 games to focus on a once, which is a bit too much.

I also have Smogon Mafia (much more intense) and Diplomacy to worry about.

Yeah. And I have university, too, which is a lot more work than school was, plus personal life issues (screw it, I'll be less vague: I'm still looking for accommodation at university and that's taking a lot of my spare time, especially with the slow ass buses here).

But I think I've made a decision: Both of the above rules will be applied retroactively. I'll post again after going through the list of games and working stuff out.

Upcoming Full Games

• Cocytus' Mafia III - Cocytus (Starting December 1st)
  • Sync's Mafia II/Tales Villains - JB25(/Amelia) (Starting mid-December)
  • Tales of Vesperia Mafia/Lovey Dovey couples Mafia/Psych's Mafia - Psych(/I Eat Tables)
  • Italian Mafia - Levity
  • Cavalier Mafia/Spykor's Mafia - Spykor
  • Disgaea Mafia - Lux Aeterna
  • Elibian Nights Mafia - Jean-Marc
  • Tarantino Mafia - Furetchen
  • Mafia in the Books - Life Admiral
  • Serenes Forest Mafia - Lightning
  • WoMC's Mafia - WoMC

Upcoming Mini Games

• The Resistance 2 - Now with Roles! - I Eat Tables
  • Elements Mafia/Tales Summon Spirits Mafia - JB25 (Starting after October 20th)
  • Highschool Mafia - Psych
  • Uhai's Mini Mafia - Uhai

Okay, here's how it's going to work. Everyone in blue is good and doesn't need to worry (actually, nobody really needs to worry). However, you should still start creating your game, to make sure you're ready by your starting point.

Everyone in orange has multiple games on the list. Please choose one to start first, and then except for JB25 (who's run games before), follow the instructions for the games in yellow as well.

Games in yellow are games being run by new or inexperienced moderators. As said, this is fine, but you'll need a more experienced mod to check your game and perhaps help you creating or designing it. If you haven't already, go away and start making the game. Once you're close to finished, post here asking for someone to check your game. Someone will PM you about the game and will help with the balance and perhaps putting the finishing touches on the game. Please don't PM us - this system makes sure that any mods who really wants to play your game are forced not to because they've seen the secret details you sent us.

If you are in the yellow or orange category, don't panic. You've got a bit of time to sort things out, and there's no hurry really. Also don't feel like we're saying your game can't run if you're orange - as soon as your game is running you can sign up with your next game.

Thanks for the co-operation. I'll update these colours and this list as the main one (except for the blue, I'll replace as black)

Edit: BTW, I'm only human. If you think I've put you in the wrong category or done something else stupid, just tell me and I'll fix it. Thanks.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Cut my mafia, but keep the TOV one. It should be up soon-ish, since apparently I just have to wait. I started writing PMs last week.

Move the Lovey-Dovey one down to the bottom of everyone. That can hold out since I still have that in the planning stage, but it has a good 3-4 months.

Alright, let's move my game out of the indefinite postponement.

I'm going to start whenever both Tables and Lightning finish their game, or November 19, whichever comes last.

I'll open signups on Tuesday, so you guys have 1 month.

Edited by Cocytus