Mafia HQ

Tables

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ideas for my next mafia game. It's based on this game, which is called Train mafia, but to avoid confusion with Spoon's game, I shall change it to something different, tentatively bus mafia but that might change depending on theme and... things.

On the upcoming game list, replace Death Note Mafia with Train Mafia III, and put Death Note Mafia down as "Suspended indefinitely until there is a larger amount of mafia players". I can already tell in this stage of making it that this will be what ends up happening.

Also adding a Mini Mafia game. It'll be a fairly simple setup for 7 players, but due to the unknown setup and certain rules, it's pretty challenging to play (for the benefit of the curious: http://www.epicmafia.com/setup/64149 with adaptations for guisers, which I will replace with another appropriate role)

I've called it Mini mafia Round 6, I hope this isn't a problem, Spoon.

Edited by I Eat Tables

Awesome. I think I'll replace the Disguiser with a Godfather. Since disguising is itself often not used and the Godfather ability in it's setup is itself redundant except telling you what setup it is.

I would like to sign up for a Mini mafia spot.

I plan to do the following setup for 10 people:

2 Yakuza

2 Insane Cop

2 Paranoid Cop

2 Naive Cop

2 Cop

Can I get thrown in?

Spoon, you like changing your ideas a lot don't you ¬_¬. Done anyway. Also, due to the above, would you like to start corruption mafia? Or since you don't have signups, could I start my game?

If anyone can find two people who still want to play, that would be really great. Other than that, I am working on the role-PM's now and getting accounts up and running for the game. I should be ready in a few hours.

I've added Round 7 to the list. This will be EpicMafia's favourite setup, Politics as usual, slightly adapted for our use.

[spoiler=Politics as usual]No PMs, Night start

3 Townies

1 Bodyguard (If chosen player is killed, BG will kill the attacker but die doing so)

1 Tracker

1 Watcher (using Epicmafia rules, ergo, they don't show up to trackers)

1 Janitor (Shows up first on Watcher report unless asked otherwise)

2 Vanilla

The main change I've made is the Bodyguard, to make it a little less random (normally it's a coin toss between dying for the saved or killing the attacker, this just makes it so both will happen at once). Also, the Mafia normally have a disguiser, who 90% of the time doesn't disguise anyway.

Tracker should always claim D1, and out any mafia, if he has them. Watcher should keep quiet, unless he has mafia, and watch the Tracker if there's no CC. BG should also protect the Tracker for obvious reasons, unless there's a CC in which case being on a random person might be better.

The mafia should strongly consider claiming Tracker D1, especially if the tracker is Janned. Their strategy from there should vary depending on what role is Janned - Tracker is best, BG is good as well since the Tracker can be taken out on N2, Watcher is ditto the above, since you can fake a claim without a CC, and if you get Blue, then it all comes down to skill with your fakeclaims.

Looking at http://wiki.epicmafia.com/index.php?title=Setup163 may help, but some of the information is out of date or irrelevant (Watchers work differently now, and we don't have a guiser)

Also removed signups for MM6, since it's been a while with nobody new signing up.

As soon as Urban Rivalz gets 24+ people, I'm starting it. That being said, it's on another forum so it's all good. Plus, I'm that special.