Calculate your FE constitution.

Silith

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure I won't suffer AS loss from using a katana Killing Edge, though.

Even though they are one over my con. :/

(5'3.5", ~120 depends on if I ate or not --> 6 con , actually can use a katana okay. Has more muscle mass than most girls my size. I should just move myself up to 7 to use Killing Edges w/o AS issues.)

You can use silver bows, though. Why do you have to use swords? Do you like swords?

Besides, if you make yourself a myrm/swordmaster, you can use wo daos anyway.

Could anyone tell me how CON is based on height? Guys who are taller get ridiculous amounts of CON compared to my height, which is 5'8 (average for adult males where I'm from), and the maximum bonus for my height is +8. I get 6 CON as I'm almost underweight (128 pounds), and due to my age, 16.

Anyway, I don't see why being overweight should detract from CON. If anything, being overweight increases CON, as CON also ties in with Rescuing, and being overweight would certainly make Rescuing much harder. Being overweight would increase CON, but AS shouldn't be dependent on CON alone, STR would help to subtract from the weapon's weight so there wouldn't be much reason to penalise overweight people in CON.

You can use silver bows, though. Why do you have to use swords? Do you like swords?

Besides, if you make yourself a myrm/swordmaster, you can use wo daos anyway.

I'm actually trained in sword fighting versus my nonexistant long distance aim. I can hardly even hit a target, let alone hitting something important.

And yes, I do like swords.

Wo Dao lack Mt, though. So if something has just enough DEF to take 0 damage from Wo Dao, I can at least do 6 damage from a Killing Edge crit.

And there's also the issue of availability of Wo Dao vs. Killing Edge. Take FE6, you get two Wo Daos-one from Fir and one from Karel. Killing Edges, you can buy in bulk as long as you have money.

Then again, hypothetically I go Myrm, I should cap speed anyway so it wouldn't matter that much.

I still want no AS loss.

It's not like I want to suddenly go 14 Con Hero, anyway. I just want +1 to be able to be able to suffer no AS loss from Killing Edge before the Myrm speed growths make it not matter anymore.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm actually trained in sword fighting versus my nonexistant long distance aim. I can hardly even hit a target, let alone hitting something important.

And yes, I do like swords.

I like swords, too. I'm not knocking it or anything. Just pointing out a cool weapon you can use with no speed loss. I almost always start any game with a sword user (for those with a choice of what weapon to major in). After beating it I will sometimes make a mage or something like that, but swords have always been my faves.

Wo Dao lack Mt, though. So if something has just enough DEF to take 0 damage from Wo Dao, I can at least do 6 damage from a Killing Edge crit.

And there's also the issue of availability of Wo Dao vs. Killing Edge. Take FE6, you get two Wo Daos-one from Fir and one from Karel. Killing Edges, you can buy in bulk as long as you have money.

It's true you can buy killing edges in bulk. I do it in fe6. But if you go sacae (and as a swordmaster why wouldn't you?) then you get another in chapter 19. Also, in fe6 they are nicer to wo dao. It has 8 mt and killing edge has 9. And it has 10 more crit, too, which is obviously cool.

Then again, hypothetically I go Myrm, I should cap speed anyway so it wouldn't matter that much.

I still want no AS loss.

It's not like I want to suddenly go 14 Con Hero, anyway. I just want +1 to be able to be able to suffer no AS loss from Killing Edge before the Myrm speed growths make it not matter anymore.

Well, you could say that you start as a myrm with 6 con. Then when you promote you should hit 7 con. How's that?

Otherwise, 30 speed only doubles like 3 extra enemies in fe6 that 29 attack speed doesn't. The three Nomad Trooper bosses in 20x. I don't think there is anything else.

I like swords, too. I'm not knocking it or anything. Just pointing out a cool weapon you can use with no speed loss. I almost always start any game with a sword user (for those with a choice of what weapon to major in). After beating it I will sometimes make a mage or something like that, but swords have always been my faves.

It's true you can buy killing edges in bulk. I do it in fe6. But if you go sacae (and as a swordmaster why wouldn't you?) then you get another in chapter 19. Also, in fe6 they are nicer to wo dao. It has 8 mt and killing edge has 9. And it has 10 more crit, too, which is obviously cool.

Well, you could say that you start as a myrm with 6 con. Then when you promote you should hit 7 con. How's that?

Otherwise, 30 speed only doubles like 3 extra enemies in fe6 that 29 attack speed doesn't. The three Nomad Trooper bosses in 20x. I don't think there is anything else.

That works, then.

No wonder. I was going by FE7's for some reason. And I completely forgot about the Wo Dao in Sacae. That makes three. 60 uses, not bad. (Actually I've never went to Illia due to me liking Shin too much so he's usually a couple levels higher than Thany and the level gap gets worse after Miledy joins.)

If I had Rutger's supports, the 109 Crit would be really fun. But sadly I don't. I do share his affinity, though, as per my FE7 tactician.

HezulLover- Since I'm going by FE6 here, if you go Mage->Sage or Valkyrie can use Fire, Thunder, and Aircalibur (is win) with no AS loss. Elfire will cost you one AS and Forblaze deducts three.

If you want to go Bishop for light magic, Lightning is 1 and Divine is 3. Not bad.

Flux will weigh you down by 2 so I don't suggest going Shaman->Druid.

In FE7 and FE8 every tome will weigh you down.

Let's see, I'm 22, 5'2, and weigh around 112 pounds which would give me a con of 4 according to this chart. I strength train on a semi-regular basis, so that score may or may not be a tad low for me. If the one mile runs that I did in PE in high school are any indicator, I'd like to believe I'd have a decent base speed stat and growths to make up for my low con. Despite the fact that I wasn't on any of the sports teams, I was able to keep up with the cheerleaders in the first one mile run and on one of the later runs I managed to get a better time than the cross country runner in the class. In all fairness, she might've been taking it easy since it was just PE and I was trying to beat her time, but it was still close to three minutes faster than what I was doing at the beginning at the beginning of that unit. There was probably only a couple of weeks between the first run and the later one.

Unless I can get my grubby mitts on a body ring or two, I think I'll be going either the sage or bishop route in order to keep speed penalties to a minimum. Anyways, it'll be interesting to compare the result from this constitution chart to the next one.

I got the same. I don't think the age should really affect Constitution, because with that criteria, we get people smaller than us (That are older) to have a bigger Con.

I think age should affect it to a point. Obviously, a 5'4" 120lb kid of 12 isn't as likely to be as strong as a 5'4" 120lb man of 21.

But I still think the whole thing is flawed, so w/e.

I think age should affect it to a point. Obviously, a 5'4" 120lb kid of 12 isn't as likely to be as strong as a 5'4" 120lb man of 21.

But I still think the whole thing is flawed, so w/e.

But I like my 16 con. I think the whole thing is perfect. Just kidding. I know I wouldn't be remotely good at wielding some of those weapons in fe6 that I can apparently use with no problem. And I can apparently reload a ballista so quickly that I'm almost as fast with one of those as I am with a toothpick.

Honestly, my 8 CON is about right. I could probably swing a steel sword around without too much problem, but only barely. It means Iron Axes, Iron Lances, Steel Swords. Puts me on par with Rath and Raven (and loljaffar), one above Matthew, Eliwood (wtf?), Canas (WTF?!), Karla. 'course, taking it to the next game, it puts my build on par with EPHRAIM for this purpose and yeah no.

7's probably more like it.

On the other hand, should I be pointing out that my rating is about proper while I denounce the system?

On the other hand, CON is kinda wonky as implemented in EDIT: GBA /EDIT FE anyway. Canas is apparently as beefy as Eliwood, who's only as tough as Matthew. Maybe it's the robes.

Edited by Integrity

You're beefier than Nolan.

You're as beefy as Muarim.

But Nealuchi still trounces you.

Yeah, RD is just as bad.

Since I consider myself to be a RD unit, I take it that my (supposed) 14 Con is meaningless, right?

Well, you can rescue/shove more units. For example, you can shove transformed Janaff, since I am pretty sure he has 16 wt. You can even shove Ike. That's about all it's good for, and if you are like an armor or something then you'd get a big boost to wt so your con isn't so relevant for rescuing. Just be glad it isn't PoR where wt is used for shoving as well and con has even less meaning (aside from its effect on final wt, though with most units that have extra wt from a horse or armor a con difference of 3 or 4 doesn't mean much).

Since I consider myself to be a RD unit, I take it that my (supposed) 14 Con is meaningless, right?

You don't just consider yourself an RD unit and are one, the GBA units have lower Con, so yours would be in around 10-11, heck, even in RD it would be around there, height alone doesn't make up for it, just look at Boyd and his 12 Con.

I got 5 Con, so it would be around 7 in FE9-10 system.

You don't just consider yourself an RD unit and are one, the GBA units have lower Con, so yours would be in around 10-11, heck, even in RD it would be around there, height alone doesn't make up for it, just look at Boyd and his 12 Con.

There's no reason why I can't do that, though.

Besides, they don't have Gold Knights in the GBA games, and that's what I see myself as.:P

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I see myself as a Gold Knight(Axe), so...

Um, Male Gold Knight Axe has a spd cap of 31. Ouch. Unless you see yourself as female?

Anyway, yeah, con is virtually useless for mounted units in RD. You can generally pick up most things just off the horse wt. A con of 5 compared to a con of 11 doesn't make a huge difference. Maybe picking up Tibarn and Lethe or something, but not much more.