Monster Hunter Tri Disscusion, IDs, and quest thread.

Zanarkin

You better bring lots of potions, honey, herbs, blue mushrooms, life crystals, and things to make life powders. Plus look at some youtube videos to see jhens attacks so you are not hit every time. I think well do good though, its only the fight in the ship, so it won't get particularly tough.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better bring lots of potions, honey, herbs, blue mushrooms, life crystals, and things to make life powders. Plus look at some youtube videos to see jhens attacks so you are not hit every time. I think well do good though, its only the fight in the ship, so it won't get particularly tough.

But I suck, remember?

I shouldn't have stopped playing MHFU... ;_______;

Edited by Spike

But I suck, remember?

I don't really think so, you just need to get used to the controls. Dying twice in a quest means nothing. Just bad luck or a monster combo. I hate those :sob: No agnaktor don't run-over me superman jump *rolls* dam :sob: oh wait don't come out of the ground while i'm getting u- *squashed* :sob: :sob: :sob:

I don't really think so, you just need to get used to the controls. Dying twice in a quest means nothing. Just bad luck or a monster combo. I hate those :sob: No agnaktor don't run-over me superman jump *rolls* dam :sob: oh wait don't come out of the ground while i'm getting u- *squashed* :sob: :sob: :sob:

I GOT CHAINED BY A FUCKING R. LUDROTH. HOW IS THAT "JUST UNLUCKY"? I FUCKING SUCK. And controls are no excuse either since I've got a Classic Controller, and I'm used to the control scheme (previous ones).

It was just one death... T___T

Edited by Spike

I GOT CHAINED BY A FUCKING R. LUDROTH. HOW IS THAT "JUST UNLUCKY"? I FUCKING SUCK. And controls are no excuse either since I've got a Classic Controller, and I'm used to the control scheme (previous ones).

Well, Have you ever been chained by a Qurupeco? i don't think so. Damn lagiacruz weakness to fire killed me :sob:

Hey, you should fix my entry in the first post, it reads:

ID: ID: J5QYC4

And just to clear doubts:

>The wake up hit deals 2x more damage, not 4x. It used to be 3x, but it got balanced out.

>I know for a fact that Guild monsters (or online monsters, in Tri's case), have more HP than their offline counterparts. I'm unsure of the actual number, though.

Edited by Spike

I don't think I am near good enough or far enough to fight that massive thing...

On other news, I was trying to capture a Qurupeco when it summoned a Rathian - a monster I have not heard of or even had a quest about yet in the game- that proceeded to get in the way and activate 2 of the 3 traps I had...then I ended up killing the Qurupeco...fml.

Shit happens. Stay away from walls and shit happens less. Other than that, don't have your weapon out unless you are attacking or defending with it. You lose too much mobility while using it, along with the dive/roll and item use. Use items and attack when the monster does something, unless it is just standing around from exhaustion.

Shit happens. Stay away from walls and shit happens less. Other than that, don't have your weapon out unless you are attacking or defending with it. You lose too much mobility while using it, along with the dive/roll and item use. Use items and attack when the monster does something, unless it is just standing around from exhaustion.

Gosh darn, why are people trying to tell me how to play?

And yes, I was in that one narrow area in the FloodedForest, and it just happens that I got distracted, got hit by a Charge from R. Luddy, hit again and Ko'd, and hit again and dead.

In other news, old me is partially back. Barroth isn't trouble anymore, and I pounded the shit out of Jhen. My partners were half-noobs, so they died three times, though. One of them was because of me utterly failing to dragonate the sucker, though.

Edited by Spike

Hey, you should fix my entry in the first post, it reads:

ID: ID: J5QYC4

And just to clear doubts:

>The wake up hit deals 2x more damage, not 4x. It used to be 3x, but it got balanced out.

>I know for a fact that Guild monsters (or online monsters, in Tri's case), have more HP than their offline counterparts. I'm unsure of the actual number, though.

-Its not quadruple... I read it somewhere... I shouldn't trust gamefaqs a lot...

-The HP is quadruple, and the attack is doubled as Ike-mike said earlier.

Well, i was able to play today and finally got full agnaktor + armor yay ^_^

Anyone need to farm or need help with anything?

I've gotta get two Agna beaks so I can effectively fight Barioth and Gigginox, for the Tusk Lance and the upgrade to the Para lance that requires a fearsome maw. I find Agna annoying though.

Er, are Bathycite Ores High Rank? Because, I just repelled a few Jhen Mohrans with randoms and I got my Hammer, but now I want to upgrade it. I think it asks for a Lagiacrus Claw+ too, though. Well, I still need Bathycites for other stuff.

-Its not quadruple... I read it somewhere... I shouldn't trust gamefaqs a lot...

You should, actually. At least, the FAQs. I searched, and... Taken straight from the Damage Formula FAQ:

[sleep]

Generally used the least of the three major status ailments, sleep can be used

for fun or to take advantage of the multiplier given when waking a sleeping

monster. Not recommended for most situations. The same tolerance

scenario applies. There is a 2.0x multiplier for attack that wakes a monster

up from sleep status.

-The HP is quadruple, and the attack is doubled as Ike-mike said earlier.

Oh, alright then.

Well, i was able to play today and finally got full agnaktor + armor yay ^_^

Anyone need to farm or need help with anything?

Congrats!

Oh, me, me, me... I dunno with what, though. You know any good Hammer sets?

Edited by Spike

I've gotta get two Agna beaks so I can effectively fight Barioth and Gigginox, for the Tusk Lance and the upgrade to the Para lance that requires a fearsome maw. I find Agna annoying though.

Yeah agna is annoying but after you fight like 30 elite agna killing them becomes like second nature :mellow:

Also, getting fearsome maw was so for me annoying agh... Had to kill like 20 just to get 1... Whats funny though, is how i got a deep dragon gem and elder blood from my first cCaedaus kill (weakened him 2 quests before, killed him the next.)

Er, are Bathycite Ores High Rank? Because, I just repelled a few Jhen Mohrans with randoms and I got my Hammer, but now I want to upgrade it. I think it asks for a Lagiacrus Claw+ too, though. Well, I still need Bathycites for other stuff.

Bathycites are high rank yes.

Is anyone here HR 31+?

Edited by Ulki

• 2 weeks later...

This topic has had an unfortunate lack of action lately.

Not that I have anything exciting to say really. Just that the Qurupeco fighting music is awesome.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, Ulki, but I'm on HR 10...haha...

I need to learn how to bowgun monster not named Jaggi/Baggi/Qurupeco/Rudroth.

This Sunday, we'll hopefully get that Jaggi event. Any takers? I need the head.

BTW the jaggi head increases your chances of getting more items after beating a quest. Yay!

Jhen event will also be on that day

Edited by Ulki

What is the Jaggi event?

Are you talking about literally the head of the Jaggi or like the Jaggi Helmet?

Because it would be pretty hardcore if you get the entire Jaggi head in some special event.

Nevermind, I just looked it up and it turns out it IS the head. Sweet. I would definitely be up for it seeing as it is just Great Jaggis.

Edited by acey555