SF Gym Leader Challenge

Raven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what you're trying to say now.

However, I was thinking to have that method as, say:

The Electric Gym is in reserve, but wants to become Main.

Electric Gym Leader challenges Water Gym Leader, wins, and becomes Main, while the Water Gym becomes Reserve.

The Water Gym is then able to challenge, say, the Fire Gym Leader after 24 hours, win, and knocks the Fire Gym into Reserve, getting back in with the Main Gyms again.

Don't forget the Gyms are immune from Reserve Gym challenges for a week once they get into Main from Reserve, so it's not like a Gym will go into Reserve again on the same day.

That works, but it's still a massively bias toward the challenger. It's basically a guarantee that the electric gym will win against water...and knock them out. Then the water will win against fire...and it's soo...circular.

The other thing you could do...is have a challenger randomly pick 3 gyms and then they need to win 2/3 battles. or something like that. I think something needs to happen to eliminate that bias.

Oh yeah, my pokemon will be hand raised and bred via the official platinum game.

IVs/EVs etc...once I actually figure it out and mess around with the system.

Edited by Hatari

I'm very intrigued by this but I don't have a DS. I play Pokemon on my emulator... :'(

What exactly is Shoddybattle? Does it allow you to battle another person online or what?

That works, but it's still a massively bias toward the challenger. It's basically a guarantee that the electric gym will win against water...and knock them out. Then the water will win against fire...and it's soo...circular.

The other thing you could do...is have a challenger randomly pick 3 gyms and then they need to win 2/3 battles. or something like that. I think something needs to happen to eliminate that bias.

Oh yeah, my pokemon will be hand raised and bred via the official platinum game.

IVs/EVs etc...once I actually figure it out and mess around with the system.

That would work too, but I think it's the circular thing which actually stops a single Gym from staying in reserve forever. Besides, there's no guarantee electric will win over water every time, especially with the right moves, items, Pokemon types other than water, etc.

I'm very intrigued by this but I don't have a DS. I play Pokemon on my emulator... :'(

What exactly is Shoddybattle? Does it allow you to battle another person online or what?

In my opinion, it's a lazy competitive Pokemon trainer's shortcut to a great Pokemon team.

But basically, you create your team, as well as choose their EV's, IV's, Nature, anything and everything, and can battle other people using Shoddy.

I'll take Flying, if you'll allow for more than eight.

And I also think this should be done through Shoddy.

Will you lead Flying for both Shoddy and real?

Edited by Raven

That would work too, but I think it's the circular thing which actually stops a single Gym from staying in reserve forever. Besides, there's no guarantee electric will win over water every time, especially with the right moves, items, Pokemon types other than water, etc.

This is true...as electric vs. electric could eventually come down to stats/items/natures etc...but that could limit a new main gym leader for staying long, if only a week's grace period is given.

Maybe just randomizing it would be better and a longer grace period?

Edited by Hatari

Will you lead Flying for both Shoddy and real?

That was under the assumption that it will be done through Shoddy. I don't have access to real battles, sorry.

This is true...as electric vs. electric could eventually come down to stats/items/natures etc...but that could limit a new main gym leader for staying long, if only a week's grace period is given.

Maybe just randomizing it would be better?

Hmm... I thought a week was long enough... Do you think it should be more time then? I'm not really for randomisation.

The losing Gym Leader, whether they are Main or Reserve, are not allowed to attempt to become Main again for 24 days after their defeat.

Reserve Gym Leaders who have moved up to Main Leaders after defeating a Main Leader are immune from Reserve Gym Leader challengers for 7 days after their victory.

Hmm... I thought a week was long enough... Do you think it should be more time then?

Reserve gym leaders are only immune from challenges for 7 days. So, say, the rock gym beat the fire gym and then 7 days later, the rock gym is defeated by the water gym.

Where as the fire gym is locked out for 24 days. See where this is going? Certain gyms will only get 7 days span depending on whose in reserve or not.

Edited by Hatari

Reserve gym leaders are only immune from challenges for 7 days. So, say, the rock gym beat the fire gym and then 7 days later, the rock gym is defeated by the water gym.

Where as the fire gym is locked out for 24 days. See where this is going? Certain gyms will only get 7 days span depending on whose in reserve or not.

Where did you get 24 days from?

Where did you get 24 days from?

You: "The losing Gym Leader, whether they are Main or Reserve, are not allowed to attempt to become Main again for 24 days after their defeat."

and by this logic, the losing rock gym is relocked out in reserve for another 24 days, since they lost against water.

Edited by Hatari

You: "The losing Gym Leader, whether they are Main or Reserve, are not allowed to attempt to become Main again for 24 days after their defeat."

and by this logic, the losing rock gym is relocked out in reserve for another 24 days, since they lost against water.

Well fuck me. That was meant to be 24 hours. Not 24 days.

LOL, sorry.

...if it's 24 hours you should make it so that, they cannot change the same person (whether they lost or won), in a row.

No problem, was my mistake. I don't think that will be a necessary rule, since if someone loses to someone else, chances are they are going to lose again. In this case, they can challenge a different Leader of their own free will.

Well I've put a Gym Palette together, something that should fit under any sig within the forum rules:

badgepalette.png

I've also made a water badge.

If anyone wants to make a badge, it has to be within 30x30 in size.

Edited by Speedwagon

The problem with this is,I'm the psychic leader.If Kai,the dark leader wants in,whos he gonna pick?The matchups are bound to be unbalanced.

What about either the leader the gym challenges is picked at random. Or that the 8 leaders decide which gym leader the reserve gym faces out of the gyms that are neither strong or weak against your type so fire vs grass isn't allowed but fire vs normal is.