FE9 Mafia Round 2 signups

Tables

So I've been thinking a bit more about how things are gonna work, and as far as I can see it's entirely in the town's interest to claim their nationality ASAP, but that makes things a little dull for detectives, Vigilantes and the like. I want to encourage fake claims somehow but the best method I have so far is rewarding the Mafia for getting kills on the opposite faction, which also just encourages dumb luck in a way. So I'm not sure and any ideas would be welcome.

I'm also thinking of changing the way the Cops and Doctors work: Each can send limited anonymous messages to the other, which I'll detail later, and hear the others report. They only get 1 investigation per night and; if investigating their own country are always correct, if investigating the other country only get a guilty from 2 members, and from 2 'millers' from the other country. Docs can protect anyone, but only protect from their factions kills (they know the kinds of attacks they make).

Finally, for story and partially gameplay purpose; the Crimean Dons are an organised Mafia and have some upper class type roles, while the Daein Massive are more of a gang and have more 'street' roles.

How about, due to the occasional bad blood between the two nationalities, nobody wants to reveal where they're originally from - and if they do, they're likely to be killed (ergo, modkilled)? It seems plausible but I don't really want to do that, since it just stops you saying what you want to be able to say.

Edit: Or better yet, many members of the town have been living here for so long that nobody really knows who is who, and relationships have formed between people of both nations - so really, everyone is everything. Except the power roles, who have recently moved in/feel strongly aligned to one country. Then some stuff might have to change in how roles work, but there is no nationality claiming :awesome:.

Edited by I Eat Tables

I'm considering doing this on it's own forum, like Spoon's game. Asides from anonymity (which would be optional but you'd have a random username), this would also allow me to use a Disguiser role in the Crimean Dons. A Disguiser can choose to disguise as someone, taking their username while their own dies. Say I Eat Tables is a Disguiser, while VincentASM is the Cop. If the Mafia kills Vincent and Tables disguises as him, then the town would be told I Eat Tables the Cop had died, while Tables would play using Vincent's account for the rest of the game.

Any thoughts on that?

Its fine with me, as it is a great doubt role that would likely cause the town to preemptivly organize themselves with changing codewords etc in order to try and minimize damage. IMO, any role that prods the town towards organizing themselves is a good thing.

Excellent. Any other opinions?

Also, with 20 players I'm wondering if I should do a 4/3 split with the mafia's, giving the one with 3 players more powerful roles? I fear the town will be too powerful otherwise (I want each group to have about a 1/3rd chance of winning)

Hmm... are you sure? Because 3/3 seems a little weak for the mafias and 4/4 is way too strong with about 20 people. I suppose with a disguiser, I'd feel more confident about the Dons, and the Massive I think have enough roles to play a cunning game anyway. But it also depends on how many people sign up in the end.

Hmm... are you sure? Because 3/3 seems a little weak for the mafias and 4/4 is way too strong with about 20 people. I suppose with a disguiser, I'd feel more confident about the Dons, and the Massive I think have enough roles to play a cunning game anyway. But it also depends on how many people sign up in the end.

Actually, I think 3/3 with 7 power roles for the town is fair. Maybe if each mafia knew one member of the opposing mafia so as to work together for the early game?

Also, a fool could help strengthen the mafia a bit as well.

Edited by Fayt Zelpher

I don't think encouraging the mafia to work together is a good idea, but I might add in a fool or perhaps a lyncher. Unlike the MM games, they'd joint win so it's not a case of Fool lynch day 1, GG. I had 7 roles planned so that's fine - bear in mind that the Priest and Bishop are basically two sides of the same role, though, and Cop/Detective are a lot weaker than normal due to possibly getting false innocents. So I might even make that 8 town roles.

Also, I presume your lack of complaint is a tacit agreement of using a separate forum? This would really depend on how Spoon's game goes, mind you.

I don't think encouraging the mafia to work together is a good idea, but I might add in a fool or perhaps a lyncher. Unlike the MM games, they'd joint win so it's not a case of Fool lynch day 1, GG. I had 7 roles planned so that's fine - bear in mind that the Priest and Bishop are basically two sides of the same role, though, and Cop/Detective are a lot weaker than normal due to possibly getting false innocents. So I might even make that 8 town roles.

Also, I presume your lack of complaint is a tacit agreement of using a separate forum? This would really depend on how Spoon's game goes, mind you.

Okay, fair enough. However, I definitely agree with the idea that a fool or lyncher win needs to be joint victory, especially for the fool.

A few things.

The maifas don't really need that much encouragement to work together. Even if they band together, the town still outvotes them, and has many power roles in it. So their encouragement is already provided. Its called working together with your nightkills so that the more powerful town gets raped at night.

We'll see how my game goes. I'll be sure not to run the next one with so many games going on at once. And we should make sure that we don't start too many at once. Three larger ones at once at the most, imo.

I think it should really be 2. And I'm having second thoughts about... basically this whole setup now. Mainly because Ether did a 3 faction game (actually 4), Fayt is doing a take on it, and Bizz's game may or may not have 2 mafia groups. If people still want a 2 mafia game run by me, then I'll do it, but I may consider other ideas (and therefore make a new set of signups). I've briefly considered Sadist Mafia (In which the moderator (me) is working against the town, although with predefined rules on what I can/can't do) or Super Smash Bros. Mafia (Based on SSBM since it has >20 characters).

For now, assume I'm going with the above game, but would either of these ideas seem okay to people?

This thread is now obsolete.

Go here for Super Smash Bros Mafia. Bastard Mod Mafia will be a Mini Mafia game, after Mini Mafia 6, hosted by me and Spoon. This idea (FE9 Mafia) may be returned to.