Playing FE4 and FE5

Jediabiwan

Playing FE4 and FE5  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How should I play FE4 and FE5?

• FE4 all the way through, then FE5
    • FE4 half-way, FE5, then the second half of FE4

Well, I've been playing Fire Emblem for a long time, but never really had the patience to sit down and play FE4 and FE5. I managed to get to chapter 4 in FE4, but I never managed to finish; I even had all my pairings set up and everything! But now, I can play them with a SNES emulator on my iPod touch and have a lot more time to play them. I like playing FEs on a hand-held much better. I have played FE6 twice, FE7 four times, FE8 three times, and FE11 twice, compared to only once of FE9 and FE10. (Still not much compared to you guys, I know) So I was wondering, should I play FE4 all the way through, then FE5, or FE4 half-way, FE5, then the second half of FE4? I know some of the generals of the story, but not too many specifics, and was just wondering if you think there would be benefits to interrupting the story of FE4 and getting the details of FE5. So what do you guys think.

Edited by Jediabiwan

FE5 will ruin FE4 if you play it first

Not necessarily.

I actually agree with the idea of playing first-gen first, then FE5, then finish up 2nd gen. Because that's the proper way to play those two games chronologically. Although I did play and beat FE4 first before even touching FE5.

I think you should finish 4 before you begin 5 since that is the order the games were made. Also, Thracia is much harder than Seisen.

However, do not expect Leaf to be the same in both games. In Seisen, Leaf becomes almost a god when he promotes (probably losing only to Celice, Aless, Sety(sorry idk how I forgot my favorite mage of all time), and Shannan, because those four have major holy blood making them awesome). This made me think "gee, he must be an amazing lord". NO!!! He has to be babied and his girlfriend (Nanna, who just heals in Seisen) keeps constantly having to save him. Trust me when I say, a lot can change in one year.....

Edited by HezulLover

• 2 weeks later...

A sidestory that actually fleshes out the Thracian peninsular far more than what little justice (or rather there lack of) Seisen gave to its multitude of nations.

As far as the Lord is concerned, Leaf can be just as good in Thracia 776 if you play your scrolls right. More than that, even.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would say tthat you should beat ch. 6 of FE4, then play up to ch. 20 in FE5. Once you do that, play ch.7 until you capture the one fort before Alster. Play ch.20. Then finish Ch.7. Then, in Fe5, play up to the final chapter of FE5, capture Conote in FE4, then beat FE5. Though most will chooose not to do this, its the best way to simultaneously play the games.

A sidestory that actually fleshes out the Thracian peninsular far more than what little justice (or rather there lack of) Seisen gave to its multitude of nations.

As far as the Lord is concerned, Leaf can be just as good in Thracia 776 if you play your scrolls right. More than that, even.

9 move vs 6 move. Almost every weapon in the game vs sword-lock. And scrolls help, but even later on he'll never be the dominant force he is in fe4, nor will he be able to use staves to speed up map clearing like he can use the Rescue staff in fe4.