Wallace

chococoke

Has anyone ever seriously used Wallace? I understand what that requires, such as having all lords combine below level 55. I also understand that he was the one that encouraged all of our young, impressionable Fire Emblem minds to promote people ASAP. For me, though, the only time I've ever done that was on my first playthrough, and I don't even recall if Wallace ended up being decent or not...

So how about it? Can anyone give Wallace some credit?

Sure. Wallace shaved his head in order to cut down on his drag coefficient, which means that promoted Florina can ferry him! His plan, brilliant in its simplicity, gives him a mobility advantage over Oswin, who is entirely too fat muscular for the job.

Has anyone ever seriously used Wallace? I understand what that requires, such as having all lords combine below level 55. I also understand that he was the one that encouraged all of our young, impressionable Fire Emblem minds to promote people ASAP. For me, though, the only time I've ever done that was on my first playthrough, and I don't even recall if Wallace ended up being decent or not...

So how about it? Can anyone give Wallace some credit?

Level 50, actually.

I used him alright, there was this once time I gave him Afa's Drops, it pretty much helps his Def/Res, he'll be having just about great durability. I don't mind using him, his problems, are of course, low Mov and low Spd, so that means he won't double, the only thing I see him doubling are other Generals. But since you have Oswin, he isn't really worth it.

Wallace is one of my favorite characters, so I use him fairly often. I'd like to say that he's some sort of under appreciated gem of a character, but I can't. He's basically an inferior Oswin who joins much later. I don't think Wallace is so bad that using him will sabotage your army, but there are so many better choices out there.

Edited by Musashi

Wallace is one of my favorite characters, so I use him fairly often. I'd like to say that he's some sort of under appreciated gem of a character, but I can't. He's basically an inferior Oswin who joins much later. I don't Wallace is so bad that using him will sabotage your army, but there are so many better choices out there.

He is one of mine too. To bad he doesn't join earlier, he would be alot better. :(

Wallace reminds me of Backyard Soccer, because Jocinda Smith and other characters that are supposed to be "god" are actually crap, but the game goes "HOLY SWEET JESUS SO PWNAGE 4/10 IN ALL STATS OMG OMG OMG"

I can ... I can never get my lords to level 50 combined, so ... yeah.

This doubles as an embarrassing confession for me, too. I've...uh, never actually seen Geitz in four playthroughs.

For Wallace, I usually don't promote him in LHM, and then find myself incapable of saving the poor dumb bastard's life in the main game, so he's often the only playable character casualty I accept.

It's a shame for me that I have to choose between him and Geitz. Why couldn't it be Wallace and Karel I have to choose from? Because then it'd be Geitz and Harken and then it'd be me complaining again... SIGH... Still, Wallace kicks ass, if only for his Lyn support. BADASS.

I've haven't seen Wallace in a long time. I pretty much can't underuse my lords. They are pretty much maxed out by "A New Resolve".

Geitz is cooler though. But the only way I can see getting Wallace is by not using my lords. Which I can't/won't do.

Wallace is crap because Oswin has more levels to grow. Oswin is available in Chapter 12, and he stays available for the rest of the game. (And to those bleeding n00bs, CH 12 IS EARLYGAME)

Also, Oswin doesn't chase Wil around threatening to kill him.

The Knight Crest could've been used on Sain, who is definitely more useful.

Random fact: Wallace is one of only 2 people in the game who comes with a weapon they can't use(Wallace has Iron Axe, while the other is ATHOS with the damned Durandal, Armads and Sol Katti because FAIELIWOOD and co. are too lazy to carry it. >:(

I got to Wallace's chapter twice, with the first time being the very first time I actually played the game, but I don't remember if I actually got him there.

The second time was when I said "screw Lyn" and decided to not use her. That was on a Lyn/Eliwood Hard PT, so Wallace was still unpromoted when he reappeared, and got 2RKO'd by a random sniper before I even had a chance to get close to enough to recruit him.

Wallace sucks.

Edited by Raymond

I got to Wallace's chapter twice, with the first time being the very first time I actually played the game, but I don't remember if I actually got him there.

The second time was when I said "screw Lyn" and decided to not use her. That was on a Lyn/Eliwood Hard PT, so Wallace was still unpromoted when he reappeared, and got 2RKO'd by a random sniper before I even had a chance to get close to enough to recruit him.

Wallace sucks.

I feel like Wallace is basically just a first playthrough kind of dude. He teaches you to promote your units early, and you promote him. If he isn't promoted, he dies in his re-joining chapter. If you actually level your lords, you'll never see him again. Plus Geitz = da shit

Even if you don't train Oswin, Wallace is inferior to almost all of your units at that point. Oswin himself is having severe trouble outdoing those.

He makes good filler for when there are way too many deployment slots. I throw him into the suicide squad in the bottom right of Sands of Time, with people like 12/0 Dorcas and base Canas.

Also, free elixir!

He makes good filler for when there are way too many deployment slots. I throw him into the suicide squad in the bottom right of Sands of Time, with people like 12/0 Dorcas and base Canas.

Also, free elixir!

Suicide squad?! That section is Primo deployment, and where you put all your ranged pimps, like Longbow Geitz, Pent, Longbow Louise, and some other bad-ass.

Though, I admit, different playstyles admit to different tactics.

That said, I can't abide by low move units. If I'm having trouble convincing myself the Oswin is worth using past Talon's Alight, then Wallace's fate is pretty much sealed.

Suicide squad?! That section is Primo deployment, and where you put all your ranged pimps, like Longbow Geitz, Pent, Longbow Louise, and some other bad-ass.

Though, I admit, different playstyles admit to different tactics.

That said, I can't abide by low move units. If I'm having trouble convincing myself the Oswin is worth using past Talon's Alight, then Wallace's fate is pretty much sealed.

True. I've considered putting really good units there...10/1 Osw1n and 10/1 Canas (yay spare Crests and Rings) actually survived, albeit in ENM.