Three questions that always ate at me about this game's story (SPOILERS)....

Blagi Sword fucks it up with Fergus being able to use it and no knowledge of whether he has Holy Blood or not.

May be a glitch although we do know that he is potentially a son of Beowulf since he CAN use Beo's Sword as well. Who knows, his mother may be Lachesis as well and could probably be the son that was forgotten.

Edited by Joey

Fergus is rumoured (in-game) to be the son of a Conote noble, so he could have gotten his holy blood from there (perhaps Noba?). I think he's too old to be Lachesis's son though (he's 22-23, meaning Lachesis had to be around 10 years old when he was born).

Was it ever mentioned that only Ike and Greil can wield Ragnell? And the same for Black Knight and Alondite? I don't remember if it was, and if not, I guess it's just another game mechanic quirk.

Was it ever mentioned that only Ike and Greil can wield Ragnell? And the same for Black Knight and Alondite? I don't remember if it was, and if not, I guess it's just another game mechanic quirk.

Well, they never said that nobody else on the continent could use Ragnell. But it was Ike only in PoR. You can even trade it around in PoR since they didn't do the locking thing. As for Alondite, everyone that can ss swords can use Alondite if you can get a hold of it.

Fergus is rumoured (in-game) to be the son of a Conote noble, so he could have gotten his holy blood from there (perhaps Noba?). I think he's too old to be Lachesis's son though (he's 22-23, meaning Lachesis had to be around 10 years old when he was born).

Not that I'm doubting, but I wanna see this out of curiosity.

Well, they never said that nobody else on the continent could use Ragnell. But it was Ike only in PoR. You can even trade it around in PoR since they didn't do the locking thing. As for Alondite, everyone that can ss swords can use Alondite if you can get a hold of it.

That. In PoR, Alondite was BK only. Seems like it's just locking weapons on main characters despite little to nothing in the story supporting the lock.

Edited by Speedwagon

Not that I'm doubting, but I wanna see this out of curiosity.

It's mentioned in Fergus's ending:

"Fergus disappeared like the wind after the war. Some said that he was prince of Conort. Others claimed that he was the legendary knight Beowulf's bastard child. The rumors and speculations about him never ceased, and now, the truth has been shrouded in mystery."

Ending translation

That. In PoR, Alondite was Ike only. Seems like it's just locking weapons on main characters despite little to nothing in the story supporting the lock.

Alondite? don't you mean Ragnell?

BK can wield Ragnell plotwise. He did so for a few seconds until he threw it to Greil and pulled out Alondite. And of course, Altina could wield both.