Lightning's FE4 Mafia

riariadne

Personally, I don't like it as much when everyone has a role. It becomes less a game of brains and strategy and more a game of special abilities.

I think no more than half the people should have special roles, at the most. That's my 2 cents, anyway.

Since I'm picking specific roles for people, I want to pick an awesome role for you and Ulki that involves lots of thinking. However I'm worried that if I give you guys those roles, you'll under-perform as them and they won't be as awesome as they could be. But once again, it's not about the magnitude of the role, it's how you use it. I can use Townie better than you can use Cop, for instance. That's not me bragging, that's me looking back at past games and saying that it really doesn't matter what I get stuck with.

I note with a bit of annoyance that I haven't been cop once yet, so I doubt that statement quite a bit.

I note with a bit of annoyance that I haven't been cop once yet, so I doubt that statement quite a bit.

Pardon my sarcasm but...

Aww poor you. Poor Lightning hasn't had the chance to not use his brain and have luck do all the work for him! We should give him Cop next time so that he gets that chance even though he wouldn't know how to use it properly.

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm not going to be playing your game.

His general idea is correct, though I haven't seen a game where I thought "gee that Cap'n guy sure is brilliant!", so I'd take the rest of that with a grain of salt lol.

If everyone needs a special power to feel integral to the game, I think we may be playing it wrong...

I have a few plans for the money made already and how it'll work. Revised role setup:

Alvis= Godfather

Reptor= Secret/ Double Voter

Langobalt= Bulletproof

Manfroy= Interceptor

Anderei= Attacker

Sigurd= Hero

Aideen= Healer

Lex= Bulletproof

Levin= Cop

Fury= Bus Driver

Eltshan= Miller

Lachesis= Secret/ Double Voter

Briggid= Vigilante

All other townies= Normal townies

Trabant= Serial Killer

What does the Hero do again? And can you send those plans for money my way?

Other than that, it looks decent to me. 7 useful town roles, but 5 mafia may end up being too much, depending on the number of signups (I say you want about 1/4 of the players to be Mafia, normally, but it really depends). And having 5 Mafia with roles also might be too powerful, although I guess 'attacker' just means they make the kills, so 4 mafia and 3 with special abilities should work.

Also, I'm going to be helping Lightning run this one (Life, that means you can expect more balance). Mostly to help with the money system but, whatever.

I give the mafia special powers so I could have less of them if I needed to. Like, if there was 23 players, I wouldn't have to think up a 6th mafia member.

The Hero can either attack someone, defend someone, or do nothing. Starts with 2 points, and his 'get another action" weapon (Tyfling) is more expensive than Briggid's (Ichival). Briggid also starts with 3 points so I thought that would balance it out more.

Also, I have enough townies planned out so that if there was 31 people there could be 17 normal townies, 8 power role townies (1 being the miller), and 6 mafia (I'd have to think up a 6th though). Since no games have had that many sign-ups yet I think I'll be safe.

Since I'm picking specific roles for people, I want to pick an awesome role for you and Ulki that involves lots of thinking. However I'm worried that if I give you guys those roles, you'll under-perform as them and they won't be as awesome as they could be. But once again, it's not about the magnitude of the role, it's how you use it. I can use Townie better than you can use Cop, for instance. That's not me bragging, that's me looking back at past games and saying that it really doesn't matter what I get stuck with.

I want just that, please give it please :newyears::awesome::newyears:

or serial killer, i had so much fun last time.

Edited by Ulki

It should run okay, at least, I've run a money game, seen how everyone reacts, had a chance to judge the items etc. So I think you can just start the whole game without a practice run first. Anyway, get writing on those item descriptions etc. :awesome:.