Other Herons

We never get to see generic herons or the king of herons, Lorazieh. Which is why I was wondering what they would be like. What are your ideas on this?

Generic:

My idea is that untransformed ones would have 5 movement, and transformed ones would have 6 if they're female and 8 if they're male, similar to Leanne and Reyson. They would also have gagues similar to those two herons. I would think that they would only be able to chant one unit at a time, regardless of whether they're transformed, since non-white herons are supposed to have less power than regular ones.

Lorazieh:

His movement would be the same as Reyson, while he would have Rafiel's singing ability. He would have formshift, but he still can't learn wildheart for some reason. His defense and luck would be even lower than his children due to his older age, but he would have a ridiculuous and unnecessary amount of res. Finally, he would possess a special galdrar that only he can learn, possibly similar to his ability to heal Lehran's soul, like one that does the same thing as Matrona. Or maybe a song called lullaby that puts nearby enemies to sleep.

Generic Female Herons should refresh 2 units when transformed to make up for the movement loss, in my opinion. Or reduce the male transformed move to 6/7.

Other than that, it's a cool idea.

Get the ending where Lehran talks to Ashunera. That is what a generic Heron looks like. Brown winged. I would imagine Lorazieh would look a lot like Reyson or Rafiel. Yesterday at the park I saw a white-winged heron =). I named it Reyson. Then it flew away. Haha. Kinda random and off topic, but whatever.

We never get to see generic herons. Which is why I was wondering what they would be like.

Probably because they're all dead, killed in the Serenes Massacre... (except Lorazieh, Leanne, Reyson, Rafiel and Sephiran, of course!)

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Generic Female Herons should refresh 2 units when transformed to make up for the movement loss, in my opinion. Or reduce the male transformed move to 6/7.

That would make females a lot better than males. We should give all generics the same movement, stats, and gague as Leanne, under the logic that Reyson only has special stats because of living with hawks, not for being male. After all, Rafiel has the same caps as Leanne but different than Reyson.

Edited by Kinata

• 2 weeks later...

That would make females a lot better than males. We should give all generics the same movement, stats, and gague as Leanne, under the logic that Reyson only has special stats because of living with hawks, not for being male. After all, Rafiel has the same caps as Leanne but different than Reyson.

but you saids males move 8 when transformed, making males better, i think generics should galdr 2 if they are shifted and 1 unshifted

It's a very interesting idea. Lorazieh probably looks like a mix of Reyson and Rafiel, like long wavyish hair, and more expensive looking elegant clothes. sorry, but, do you think he'll look THAT old?

but you saids males move 8 when transformed, making males better, i think generics should galdr 2 if they are shifted and 1 unshifted

That's why I said in my post that all generics should have Leanne's movement. Including men. I like your idea for galdr though. These herons are still more balanced that the royals, while at the same time they are better than previous games' dancers.

It's a very interesting idea. Lorazieh probably looks like a mix of Reyson and Rafiel, like long wavyish hair, and more expensive looking elegant clothes. sorry, but, do you think he'll look THAT old?

I always thought he was old because of being sick and bedridden, but he might actually be somewhat young because Leanne was an infant 23 years ago, which isn't much time for a heron or any laguz for that matter. He can look any age based on what we know.

remember that Lehran looks pretty damn young considering he's at least a millenium and a half old

and remember that herons are supposed to be really frail and delicate, and that Reyson, Leanne, and Rafiel are pretty much the antithesis of a typical heron laguz. i wouldn't be surprised that he's bedridden because he's all sensitive-like, not because he's particularly old

Actually, Lorazieh is bed-ridden because of the Serenes Massacre IIRC. I mean, Rafiel admits to Ike that he could feel the death of his kinsmen, and was bedridden for a few weeks or months. Think of how a King would feel if everyone in his country except for 5 people were killed?

Probably because they're all dead, killed in the Serenes Massacre... (except Lorazieh, Leanne, Reyson, Rafiel and Sephiran, of course!)

And Lillia.

But that would put them on par with the Royal Herons! If we've learnt anything from FE9/10, it's that people of noble bloodlines are inherently superior to commoners.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but generic herons were planned to appear in FE9.

It seems they were slightly more bulkier than the normal male Herons and less magic-based.

Base stat differences: 1 more HP, 1 more Str, 1 less Mag, 1 more Def and 1 more Bld/Wt

Stat cap differences: 5 less Magic, 2 less Skl, 5 less Res

The most important part, probably, is that they had 25 Capacity instead of 40. They wouldn't have had space for both Canto and Blessing.