XSEED localising Falcom PSP games

VincentASM

A few days late, since this news was initially announced last Friday.

Hinted at for a while now, XSEED have officially announced that it has partnered with Nihon Falcom to bring 6 of Falcom's PSP titles to North America including Ys SEVEN, Ys: The Oath in Felghana, Ys 1+2 Chronicles and the Trails in the Sky trilogy (AKA Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki). Ys SEVEN is expected to release during Summer 2010, while the other games will follow later. (IGN article)

RPG fans should keep a close watch on these games and even if you don't have a PSP, you should seriously consider buying one just for some of these titles. Regrettably, I've only played Oath in Felghana and Ys 1+2 (both of which are great games, the former being one of my favourite Action RPGs, next to Terranigma). However, I've heard good things about Ys SEVEN and even better things about the Sora no Kiseki trilogy.

Previously, the only decent Falcom game released in English was probably Ys 6: Ark of Napishtim. We've also gotten the subpar Legacy of Ys for DS (not developed by Falcom) and Legend of Heroes 3-5 for PSP (story-driven RPGs marred by an appalling localisation).

Damn... At this pace I'll never gather enough money for everything that's coming in the next few months >_<

If I manage to find MHFU, I'll finally consider buying a PSP for these games.