Mini Mafia Round 5 Postgame Thread

General Spoon

Well played everyone. I hope you enjoyed my bluffs and double bluffs. I'm not going to gloat, Balcerzak, and for reference I was telling the truth about never seeing a Granny get Yakked. I'm kinda glad I got Yakked now, since I just kinda knew I wasn't going to be able to get Ninji lynched.

Here were my thoughts on everyone's roles during Day 1:

Me: Lyncher

Ninji: Doctor

Fayt/Life: Fool & Yak (unknown order, leaning towards Fayt as Yak, hence the post to him)

Bizz/Balcerzak: Shrink & Granny (leaning towards Bizz being Granny).

Bizz killed Life, apparently because she 'knew' he was fool and partially out of revenge for Ether's mafia. Yakked me because she thought I'd have the best chance, Balcerzak was too obvious and not Ninji because... I don't know. From there I think I chose the wrong role, but I'm glad Fayt WAS Granny at that point or I'd have been screwed :P.

My god, that was lucky. I also got revenge on Life for Ether's mafia.

I don't know, I thought a lot about the whole conversion thing. First off, I initially thought Life was the shrink, but after I thought it over again, it could have been either him or Balcerzak. I went off of my gut instinct and killed Life because not only was he claiming my role and trying to confused me, but I was afraid of what other actions he might have tried to take. I knew he wouldn't be the Granny, so I ultimately decided to shoot him. I didn't look at Ninji at all--I knew he was Doctor because his whole claim just seemed too sincere to be a lie, and it made sense. I decided I would simply leave him alone. This proved to be a good thing, because he died.

Then came the conversion choice--with luck, I could convert someone tonight, someone else gets lynched in the day, and I win. Sounds fair, right? Well, I pondered it for a moment. First off, since Bal was the most likely candidate for Shrink at this point, I decided not to convert him because

1. He would probably shrink himself

2. People would probably expect me to convert him

so he was ruled out. Then came Fayt, who I almost considered yakking out of spite for yakking me in Mini Mafia Round Three... but I decided against it, because

1. I suspected people would think I'd target him, too

2. I wasn't fully sure if I could trust him as mafia

Nobody knows of any special kind of bonds between me and Tables, besides the fact that we've helped each other host games. And so, what did I do? I entrusted Tables with my mission, and it was a success. Again, Balcerzak helped me win. Ironic, is it not?

Edited by Bizz

Alright, Night 1, I was contacted by two seperate groups.

First was Tables, who spoke to Russel and myself, claiming Lyncher and saying his target was me, and that he thought that Russel was the Yazukza. He wanted us to team up to win. However, later on in the night, Russel sent a PM to Fayt and myself, claiming that he was the Fool and he had figured that Fayt was the Yakuza. I went along with Russel's proposition, to which Fayt did not reply (>_>), and protected him, killing myself.

As I've noted, I hate this set-up.

Congrats to Fayt for successfully fooling me and making me look like a proverbial Fool. Why he did, I still have no idea. In any case, he played it brilliantly.

I so wanted to get lynched but I figured that claiming Yak first thing would have people point at me and say "look, he's the Fool!" which was not something I wanted. So I pretended I was the Yak and figured that Fayt must have been the Yak since he was trying to look like the Fool. It's also why I revealed Tables' PM in public, I wanted to piss him off for revealing info and get lynched in return (win for me).

Good job Fayt and Bizz for absolutely blindsiding me. I tip my hat to you. Fool is possibly the hardest role to win with but I came so close...

Congrats to Fayt for successfully fooling me and making me look like a proverbial Fool. Why he did, I still have no idea. In any case, he played it brilliantly.

*bows in accomplishment*

You know, Fayt, why you didn't contact me seperately and tell me "Hey, I'm the Granny, don't protect me", I have no idea. I didn't care who won as long as I was on the winning team and, if I was alive, we may have survived another night. '-' That being said, my death was my own fault, etc., etc.

You know, Fayt, why you didn't contact me seperately and tell me "Hey, I'm the Granny, don't protect me", I have no idea. I didn't care who won as long as I was on the winning team and, if I was alive, we may have survived another night. '-' That being said, my death was my own fault, etc., etc.

And risk you telling Life about that and blowing my cover? In order for that gutsy strategy to go through (and ultimately, it failed in the most spectacular manner possible), I couldn't risk telling anyone of my identity. I had to draw everyone's suspicions toward me to play the role of fool most convincingly.

And risk you telling Life about that and blowing my cover? In order for that gutsy strategy to go through (and ultimately, it failed in the most spectacular manner possible), I couldn't risk telling anyone of my identity. I had to draw everyone's suspicions toward me to play the role of fool most convincingly.

Why would I tell Life? ._. It does make sense for me to even associate with the Fool if his plan fell through.

Why would I tell Life? ._. It does make sense for me to even associate with the Fool if his plan fell through.

That's just it. It makes sense for you to work with the fool, and if I claimed Granny, your chance of a joint win falls out the window. Of course, it did anyway because I was granny, but that was a poor determination of roles on Life's part.

Tables: To be fair, the cast for MM5 felt something like a mini-mafia all-stars. It was humourous to me.

And Fayt, seriously. You did right to try to play a fool. Keeping the yak guessing about which fool is the real fool helps keep him from an easy joint, I'll give you that much, and even applaud it. However, a couple of your main mistakes were IMHO, your swift, silent, no explanations vote on the final day, meaning that when you did come in with your analysis it looked like you were just riding Tables's coat-tails, and also letting your concern about your own personal survival come ahead of the town as a whole.

In mafia, you can't be afraid to die, if it's for the betterment of the team, and sometimes it seems you're unwilling to take that risk. Then again, other times you take risks that I can't even fathom, so, maybe I'm just off the ball here.

Anyway, I honestly screwed up as well, both on day 1 when I didn't recurse hard enough, and on the final vote where I assumed Bizz wouldn't have picked Tables because that was too obvious, so I shouldn't be throwing glass from inside my stone house.

That said, I think I have a much better feeling for how this setup is supposed too be played, so I guess that's something, at least, right?

MM4 needs a bit more life. This game started and finished in the time it took about 4 posts to be made there :facepalm:.

Like I said earlier,I kinda wished I had been in this one,it would have gone a lot more quickly than the one I'm in now,and would likely be more interesting.

Well, Spoon told me that the cast of MM4 wasn't doing anything so he decided to put us 6 in another game with the same set-up to show the people playing MM4 how much conversation you can generate about pretty much nothing.

Haha. Well, it certainly worked, didn't it? In fact, I'm going to check now...

MM5 started at 10pm on 16/05/10 and ended at 5:30pm on 20/05/10 (taking Bal's vote as the end of the game).

In that time there were 16 posts in MM4. One was right at the start of the time and 5 were by Spoon. So, really, there were 10 posts during the course of our entire game.