Super Mario Galaxy 2

Don Draper

I have a question. I'm currently in World 3 of the game (with every star I can currently get in every previous world), and I'm really not understanding why everyone loves this game so much. Does the game miraculously get awesome later on, or am I just too much of a fun-hater. I mean, so far it's been entertaining enough to keep me going, but I don't really see it as much better than Galaxy 1. And I miss the melancholy storyline of SMG1.

Oh, also, does the game get a lot harder later on too? I'm not really seeing the difficulty here. Especially when the game practically throws 1-ups at you in every level. Of course I play co-star with my sister a lot, so that might explain why it's easy so far...

It does get harder. For the most part, I think Galaxy 1 had better difficulty throughout, but Galaxy 2 has some hard stars at the end. I agree about the storyline, at least Galaxy 1 had some back story for Rosalina and something resembling plot, though it doesn't bother me that much. I like the NPC's in this game better, though. Lubba's so prejudiced, it's awesome.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Stone Cyclone's Green Star 1 is making me angry...

The very first star in that made mad :angry:. They are too fast. What is this, double speed comet or something :sob:

I still think 64 is harder-- I played it recently. It's the camera and clunky controls... Everything is smoother and thus easier in Galaxy.

But Stone Cyclone's Green Star 1 is making me angry...

Melty molten's 3rd green star is a massive pain in the arse too, sometimes I REALLY wish Rock Mario had a slow the fuck down button.