When to Use Crowns?

So, we all know that in HM BEXP and CEXP are difficult to find in large, neat piles. You can't pour BEXP down anyone's throat because you don't get enough of it to level up sometimes.

So, just out of curiosity, when would you guys promote characters using the Master Seals and Master Crowns?

Eh, Master Seals aren't really super duper to me beyond sparing a person from having to get another 100 EXP.

Master Crowns, well... Usually when peeps start capping important stats like STR SPD and DEF.

I almost always will use master crown when unit reaches level 20 if i have one availible. im not an expert on when otherwise unless you see you have everything you want capped, capped

The only person that should ever be Master Seal'd is Laura. And she is a complete pain to raise in HM. And she gets Master Seal'd because she is an even bigger pain to raise in NM. Oh wait. She actually has trouble levelling in EASY MODE. <_< Kind of wastes her 70% Magic, Skill and Speed.

I would recommend Sigrun/Tanith/Titania for Crown. Basically because all 3 are at a high starting level. Geoffrey should be Crown'd if you have a spare and if he is still a Lance Paladin by 4-5. IMO.

The only person that should ever be Master Seal'd is Laura. And she is a complete pain to raise in HM. And she gets Master Seal'd because she is an even bigger pain to raise in NM. Oh wait. She actually has trouble levelling in EASY MODE. <_< Kind of wastes her 70% Magic, Skill and Speed.

I would recommend Sigrun/Tanith/Titania for Crown. Basically because all 3 are at a high starting level. Geoffrey should be Crown'd if you have a spare and if he is still a Lance Paladin by 4-5. IMO.

Is it necessary to promote her? I always leave her unpromoted until she can promote herself :P I only use her for healing.

Not really. I didn't really say that she was necessary. I just said that she should be the only candidate for Master Seals. Being the only character in the entire game stuck to a healing role for 20 levels makes things quite horrible. And she can't take a hit. It makes staves healing the user kinda redundant, since she dies from virtually everything. People would rather Master Seal her at Level 14 or 15, so that she gets access to Light as soon as possible.

She still sucks compared to Micaiah and thats only because she isn't a Lord.

I always Master Seal Ilyana, so she can have better chip damage during Part 1 and ferry more skills to the GMs. She also gets to use Fire and Wind when Tormod shows up, which is >>> Thunder since it has accuracy issues in 1-E and makes better forges.

Can be used on Aran if he caps STR/SKL/DEF early, if you don't care to BEXP his speed. Also, anyone who you're using normally and reach level 20 should be sealed. EXP is at enough of a premium that even saving 100 EXP helps, as does getting a cool promoted unit earlier.

Laura wants a Seal and is a really good choice for a Seal, but... she's not going to get a Seal. Too bad, Laura, I have difficulty getting you even to level 10.

Leonardo can be Sealed if he reaches level 10, for Crossbows.

Laura Level 15

HP-22.3/30

STR-5.8/10

MAG-17.8/20

SKL-12.8/15

SPD-14.8/15

LCK-15/40

DEF-4.8/10

RES-14.9/20

When Seal'd, she gains +2 HP (24), +3 STR (8), +1 MAG (18), +1 SKL (13), +1 SPD (15), +0 LCK (15), +3 DEF (7), and +1 RES (15). With Light, she'll have 141 Hit, 21 Attack, 15 AS,45 Avoid, 6 Critcal, and 15 Dodge. Not sure how that stands up to enemy stats, though.

I almost always will use master crown when unit reaches level 20 if i have one availible.

Yeah me too. On HM though, when is the best time to use them? level 15?

Edited by Florina

Yeah me too. On HM though, when is the best time to use them? level 15?

Depends on the character. Generally, 'when they cap speed' is the best time, but you might want to hold back and BEXP other stats like strength and defense.

i usually just use the crowns/seals when they get to the point where they gain less than an average of 3 stat-ups per level