FEDS Normal is actually Easy in disguise.

It's gotta be. I didn't even *try* to raise Marth or have a balanced team and I just beat it without any sort of problems except when I threw 0-RES Cord into a whole bunch of Magestone Manaketes.

Like, seriously, I deployed for about half the game a total of Frey and Cord to kill things, with Lena and Maria to heal and backup heal and Julian just in case there was a something to pick or steal. Jules ended the game at level 4 and was deployed every chapter since his recruitment. I also deployed Palla because she was hot.

Seven units. From Chapter 14 to Chapter E, 7 units out. I didn't even *try* to abuse. Why was Normal so easy compared to every other game's Normal? Is there still an Easy below it? I can't remember. The epilogue is still ticking away under the keyboard at the moment and I don't really care what I'm missing.

srs.

Also, as I look down, some of these endings suck. Catria: she fell in love and was spurned. GJ on the game bro! And I thought Gatrie's "he died lonely but at least he got laid a lot" sucked.

Frey stayed in Altea to rebuild his ravaged kingdom.

THAT'S WHAT MY #1 UNIT GETS? NINE WORDS?

fu is

Edited by Integrity

Yeah. I checked afterwards and found no Easy mode.

I hate it when games start multiple difficulties on "Normal". It should have been Normal to Easy, Hard 1 to Normal, and Hard 2-5 as H1-4.

grumble grumble

I am wholly unsatisfied, except now I can do it again and kill everybody for lulz and Etzel.

Edited by Integrity

I don't even remember the Prologue music.

I've decided I'm going to make up my own endings and pretend they're canon, because the canon was shit. Don't get confused if I start spewing shit about how Merric went home and married Palla or something inane like that in other threads.

Edited by Integrity

this is a REAL fire emblem, it's much harder than sacred stones even on normal, youre just too good at the game

what

Why was Normal so easy compared to every other game's Normal?
Because it's absolutely brilliant, and obvious why they did it.

Nobody plays Easy mode unless they're doing a PT on it for lulz, so this prevents complaints that Normal mode is too hard, then you have FIVE HARD MODES to make up for this.

FIVE FREAKING HARD MODES, why do you care about Normal Mode's difficulty? There are FIVE HARD MODES for you to play in.

It's gotta be. I didn't even *try* to raise Marth or have a balanced team and I just beat it without any sort of problems except when I threw 0-RES Cord into a whole bunch of Magestone Manaketes.

Like, seriously, I deployed for about half the game a total of Frey and Cord to kill things, with Lena and Maria to heal and backup heal and Julian just in case there was a something to pick or steal. Jules ended the game at level 4 and was deployed every chapter since his recruitment. I also deployed Palla because she was hot.

Seven units. From Chapter 14 to Chapter E, 7 units out. I didn't even *try* to abuse. Why was Normal so easy compared to every other game's Normal? Is there still an Easy below it? I can't remember. The epilogue is still ticking away under the keyboard at the moment and I don't really care what I'm missing.

From the tone of your writing, it seems you are surprised it is so easy even though you had only seven units out, and only two real combat units, with Marth not among them. Surprise: none of the things you named (other than the whole Cord-Magestone fiesta) actually make the game harder, and you could argue they make it even easier. Solo'ing or duo'ing the combat portion of the game makes the units you do it with gain all the EXP and other nice goodies such as stat boosters and powerful weapons, which means they can trivialize parts of the map by themselves. As for Marth, he is locked to his own 7 mov sword class, with WTD and no 2-range for eternity...it is much easier to make this game a laugh by ignoring him rather than by trying to make him into a good combatant.

And yeah, this game has a Normal Mode for beginners. People who suck at the game. If you find it too easy, it might not be the mode for you to play! After all, there's six others. Normal Mode (which, btw, has the same enemies as H1, so don't start a file on that) is only good for special runs like my Warpless lowturn run.

normal is the normal mode because it's the one mode you're supposed to normally play

that doesn't mean that there has to be an easy mode

A while ago, Nintendo decided that it would be much more profitable to appeal to the casual gamer market, with the only downfall being that they'd get calls saying "HEY IF I PLACE MY GAMECUBE GAME IN HERE WILL IT PLAY WII GAMES?!".

Therefore, when FE:SD got released, the "normal" gamer wasn't the "normal" gamer back when other Fire Emblem games came out (Even Radiant Dawn. It's like wth on normal mode), so therefore, that happened.

Although that's probably wrong considering my 50 year old dad who's kind of fat has beaten H5 god knows how many times (although he uses the arena, Wolf, and Sedgar, but he beat it using GORDON. ;~;.)

But to many people's standards here(Including mine). We find normal mode to be quite easy.

that is irrelevant to the discussion, especially considering that "hard" mode consists of five different difficulty levels

But to many people's standards here(Including mine). We find normal mode to be quite easy.
That's because it's not a hard mode. Eliwood NM, FE8, and FE9 are considered very easy as well, yet people seem to have a problem with Normal Mode not being hard for their advanced skill level in a game where you can pick any of five Hard Modes. Edited by Ilyana

That's because it's not a hard mode. Eliwood NM, FE8, and FE9 are considered very easy as well, yet people seem to have a problem with Normal Mode not being hard for their advanced skill level in a game where you can pick any of five Hard Modes.

i love you and your manly muscles

Although that's probably wrong considering my 50 year old dad who's kind of fat has beaten H5 god knows how many times (although he uses the arena, Wolf, and Sedgar, but he beat it using GORDON. ;~;.)
Dude, your dad is awesome!

I'm just bitching semantics, really. I dislike the easiest difficulty of more than two being named Normal, because it's not. Easy is Easy. Normal is not Easy.

-Fire Emblem has a long history of massively underrating American gamers.

-Nintendo does need to make their games appeal to more than the minority of obsessive nerds who completely dissect the game. Better to make it too easy and drive away the small hardcore gamer demographic (who generally end up buying the game anyway) than make it too hard and drive away the larger casual gamer demographic.

-Generally, Fire Emblem actually gets easier when you use fewer units rather than harder. If you really want to make the game difficult, try using every unit in the entire game seriously.

-Normal mode on many Fire Emblems is a cakewalk for experienced players. Look at FE8 NM or FE10 NM (perhaps not so much FE10, where DB chapters are still somewhat challenging, but Part 2/3/4 are jokes).

-FEDS has many challenging difficulty modes. It does not surprise me that a difficulty mode exists for the scrub player.

I'm just bitching semantics, really. I dislike the easiest difficulty of more than two being named Normal, because it's not. Easy is Easy. Normal is not Easy.

i suppose that since there isn't any mode labeled as easier than normal, then you should assume that normal is the easiest mode.

Look at FE8 NM or FE10 NM (perhaps not so much FE10, where DB chapters are still somewhat challenging, but Part 2/3/4 are jokes).

FE8 isn't a challenge, even in Hard Mode, it's (With a very slight exagertaion) Easy Mode ind disguise.

FE10 NM is pretty much a challenge. =0

i suppose that since there isn't any mode labeled as easier than normal, then you should assume that normal is the easiest mode.

This.
-Fire Emblem has a long history of massively underrating American gamers.
Normal mode is like this in the JP version, so I wouldn't say FEDS is guilty of this like FE9 is.