Aran

bronze/iron weapons mean nothing. Nolan has a great advantage in tarvos and you just flushed it down the toilet, it takes away from his good-ness as a character

Edited by Fenrir

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bronze/iron weapons mean nothing. Nolan has a great advantage in tarvos and you just flushed it down the toilet, it takes away from his good-ness as a character

Tarvos is too strong for exp gainage : / Also I'm saving it for epilogue, when I have a better axe to put on Nolan.

Don't expect me to make too much sense.

Don't expect me to make too much sense.

after that post you really made that point... i don't understand at all what you play like, maybe you should post a vid on yt or something to help me understand?

after that post you really made that point... i don't understand at all what you play like, maybe you should post a vid on yt or something to help me understand?

He plays inefficiently I'm sure, and I know because I used to have my characters weaken things with bronze weapons for Fiona and Lyre.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

I use both Aran and Nepheene. I like supporting them because I always send both of them together and the both can take a few hits. I usually have Aran weaken and Nepheene kill. But usually Aran activates Impale like ALL the time for me so Nepheene finishes off someone else. But I use both cuz thier both cool characters. Gold+Blue=AWESOME!!!

If he feels like gaining Speed, then he gets a spot on my team. I do the same with Neph and Strength, but I have yet to be in a situation where both cooperate. He's also far better-looking than Danved.

If he feels like gaining Speed, then he gets a spot on my team. I do the same with Neph and Strength, but I have yet to be in a situation where both cooperate. He's also far better-looking than Danved.

Could everyone drop this, if it was about anyhting like good looks, nephenee's legs(her face/boobs suck) would get her into the top of top tier.

LETS ALL VOTE FOR DANVED... no thats just no...

Neph has a leotard and a country accent which are +s

Neph can actually double things

Neph can deal with mages

Neph wins

Besides Renning Shares the same Def Growth with Aran

..I ended up using Nephy for endgame as she was five levels lower but only had a few lower stats. I still heart Aran though.

My playstyle is whatever I find most fun, and I generally think efficient play takes away most the fun.

..I ended up using Nephy for endgame as she was five levels lower but only had a few lower stats. I still heart Aran though.

My playstyle is whatever I find most fun, and I generally think efficient play takes away most the fun.

I used to think playing efficient was boring too ;) but now that I've tried playing efficiently its quite challenging and a new experience. I like playing both efficiently and inefficiently.

Could everyone drop this, if it was about anyhting like good looks, nephenee's legs(her face/boobs suck) would get her into the top of top tier.

...XD

But hey, she has a pretty face. 8[

LETS ALL VOTE FOR DANVED... no thats just no...

Neph has a leotard and a country accent which are +s

Neph can actually double things

Neph can deal with mages

Neph wins

Besides Renning Shares the same Def Growth with Aran

Danved isn't bad. I could even say he is underrated without overrating him.

He can also deal with mages due to good Res. Not to mention Danved actually doubles much more things than Neph (No transfers) due to significant AS.

I never really saw Aran's tanking come in handy if you exclude 3-12, 3-13 and Part 4, where just about the whole DB shines.

People need to take more into account, that he requires many BEXP to actually become passable, and then become "good".

...XD

But hey, she has a pretty face. 8[

Danved isn't bad. I could even say he is underrated without overrating him.

He can also deal with mages due to good Res. Not to mention Danved actually doubles much more things than Neph (No transfers) due to significant AS.

I never really saw Aran's tanking come in handy if you exclude 3-12, 3-13 and Part 4, where just about the whole DB shines.

People need to take more into account, that he requires many BEXP to actually become passable, and then become "good".

no she doesn't it looks all weird

Aran's tanking isn't that great on 3-13, if you can get any DB unit promoted(not that hard to do) they'll tear up that stage.

Aran's tanking isn't that great on 3-13, if you can get any DB unit promoted(not that hard to do) they'll tear up that stage.

The only ones that should be tearing through that chapter would be Nolan (Who is most likely to be promoted), Zihark & Volug (S-ranked strike) with an A support. And Nolan just has to be using a Crossbow all the time so he tears everything apart. If Tauroneo is having some problems here, Aran is getting worse.

The only ones that should be tearing through that chapter would be Nolan (Who is most likely to be promoted), Zihark & Volug (S-ranked strike) with an A support. And Nolan just has to be using a Crossbow all the time so he tears everything apart. If Tauroneo is having some problems here, Aran is getting worse.

20/20/1 Jill (if you can swing it) with a seraph robe:

49 hp, 27 str, 9 mag, 26 skl, 27 spd, 29 lck, 26.75 def, 18 res.

41 mt tigers 4HKO her even without a support and with rounding down that def.

31 mt cats 10HKO her assuming you round down and don't give her a support.

Jill pretty much godstomps if you can get her to 20/20/1. Fenrir said if you can get any DB unit promoted they will tear it up. Now, while that isn't true with some DB units, I don't think tier 3 Jill is having difficulty.

(of course, not dodging much. 54 + 29 = 83 avo, and can get 103 avo with B Earth, but enemies have over 150 hit in this chapter. All her avo means is you probably don't need to heal her each turn)

Zihark will have more trouble promoting since you can't get him to do as well as Jill in 3-6. Let's give him a crown as soon as he caps spd.

**/13/1 Zihark:

39.5 hp, 22.5 str, 31.5 skl, 32 spd, 15 lck, 17.5 def, 16.5 res.

And let's give him A Earth.

64 + 15 + 45 = 124 avo against 150+ hit. Mostly 155+.

Now, without a robe he is still 2HKOd by tigers. Even with a robe, he's looking at 46 damage from 41 mt tigers if you round his def up! In all likelihood, he's getting 2HKOd by 41mt tigers. And with 30 listed hit on him, 18.3% true, he's facing over 3% chance of death each time you let him face 2 tigers. Jill can face 3 tigers and a cat, often 2 cats, and have 0% chance of dying.

Even if you get Z to 20/20/1, he's at best getting 3HKOd from those tigers and still needs a robe to pull it off. Jill gets a robe she's amazing. Zihark gets a robe he's barely treading water. And I have no idea how you are expecting to get a 20/20/1 Zihark in 3-13 on HM. Jill at least can get more exposure in 3-6 with Paragon than Z would. Canto and flight is hax against 1 or 2 move enemies. Every single turn you can make her face the max number she can fight without dying. And she can swoop in on something weakened, kill it, then move out to another spot to again maximize exposure. Zihark can't compete with that.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Getting Jill to that level in HM doesn't seem possible. You'd have to give her a crapload of favoritism, and even then, she just won't reach that level by 3-13. Zihark seems more possible with Paragon.

But I assume that was just an example, right?

Edited by The leaving song II

Fenrir said if you can get any DB unit promoted they will tear it up. Now, while that isn't true with some DB units, I don't think tier 3 Jill is having difficulty.

Well, i doubt Fiona will do much and i know leo doesn't do much, aside from the not so great ones is more what i meant. I need to be more specific...

Getting Jill to that level in HM doesn't seem possible. You'd have to give her a crapload of favoritism, and even then, she just won't reach that level by 3-13. Zihark seems more possible with Paragon.

But I assume that was just an example, right?

Not an example, look at Int's HM log, i'm pretty sure he got it, and Queen Elincia got jill to 20/15/1 which is good enough.

puggy has explained to me why Aran officially rocks:

<@the_pugilist> the spd is merely a handicap aran puts on himself to give the enemy a chance

I officially have respect for Aran.

I used to think playing efficient was boring too ;) but now that I've tried playing efficiently its quite challenging and a new experience. I like playing both efficiently and inefficiently.

I attempted ranked runs in FE4 & 5 and get why people like it (sorta), but I really dislike it. Liking both is perfect I guess.

This works for me.

Not by my standards, but I'll drop it.

I prefer going by who levels up better. In my current run of RD, Neph is NOT cooperating (4 levels up, only one with more than two stats up), while Aran and Danved are. Therefore, I'll decide between those two (or possibly both). In my next run, if Nepheenee cooperates, she'll get a chance.

Not by my standards, but I'll drop it.

I prefer going by who levels up better. In my current run of RD, Neph is NOT cooperating (4 levels up, only one with more than two stats up), while Aran and Danved are. Therefore, I'll decide between those two (or possibly both). In my next run, if Nepheenee cooperates, she'll get a chance.

PEMN, I have also had a screwed neph, 16 str at level 11, it happens, She has the same Str as Aran's speed, so if neph's str can get screwed that bad, so can aran's speed.

PEMN, I have also had a screwed neph, 16 str at level 11, it happens, She has the same Str as Aran's speed, so if neph's str can get screwed that bad, so can aran's speed.

Don't worry, I understand that! :P

I use whoever cooperates. It's my own play style, but it has yet to fail me!

(I also did a little checking, and it looks like this particular Aran is seriously blessed. I'm not complaining!)

Guest Avarice

Aran is a pretty good unit on the lower modes, but since I only play hard mode (like real men) he is usually getting doubled and faces being critted by myrmidons and cats at joining time and unable to be sent onto the front lines, not to mention unable to double spirits at endgame. The fact is if you don't have enough bonus exp to waste on him he usually doesn't turn out better than Nephenee, though I like to judge characters based on their performance in the difficulty that I play, so I disagree that he's the best lance user or even sentinel overall, especially on hard mode where he doesnt even come close. I will say he has the coolest armor as a sentinel though.

And Str/Def is a handicap that Nephenee puts herself to give Part 2 & 3 a chance.