why is sothe forced for the endgame.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you give Sothe BEXP at the right times and some of the best skills he can still reliably kill in endgame. same with Marcus, you need to give him something to be really useful.

A capped Sothe isn't that good at that job, it's not like we haven't assumed that before.

It'd also be a lot easier to use him if he didn't have Bane. Or can you take off Mastery Skills? I've never actually played FE10.

How would that be better? Bane never prevents a kill.

It would've been really helpful if the activation rate wasn't Skill/2 and just Skill%, Sothe's Skill grows magnifficently, it's a shame that huge growth is pretty damn unnecesary.

It would've been really helpful if the activation rate wasn't Skill/2 and just Skill%, Sothe's Skill grows magnifficently, it's a shame that huge growth is pretty damn unnecesary.

Yeah, I can sorta understand the nerfing of Astra and Lethality and sol. Astra will kill just about everything (face dragons with wyrmslayer, ok?). Lethality, duh. sol does 3x damage and self heals. What does Bane do that is so much better than other masteries that it needed skill/2? It isn't even any better.

Yeah, I can sorta understand the nerfing of Astra and Lethality and sol. Astra will kill just about everything (face dragons with wyrmslayer, ok?). Lethality, duh. sol does 3x damage and self heals. What does Bane do that is so much better than other masteries that it needed skill/2? It isn't even any better.

Irony to the level that it is painful to think about?

IT'S OVER 9000!- *shot*

Bane may never prevent a kill, but if ike's getting aether on you even if he hit like a couple 2's, you dying. bane? oh they're down to 1hp...gatrie gets luna and BAM! enemy OHKO'd sothe gets bane? enemy 2-3HKO'd is that good? its a nice skill and all but if sothe gets it on his second(or only) attack it might not even be that extremely helpful since all your using sothe for is, treasure and chip damage by the time he's promoted. so you chip alot more than he would, but its not like getting stun, they're dead. no one has to clean up after haar.

So basically its just another area sothe is the worst in, his mastery skill...and just another reason for him not to be in the endgame.

i want a forced tibarn or Naesala(he does have plot stuff with lekain)

I always understood Astra as being skill/2% to offset the large crit bonus that Trueblades have alongside it. Generally, they end up with roughly the same proc rate as other promoted classes.

And lots of characters in this game have high skill growth. Even Haar's 70% is not special.

Then there's Stun and Colusus, Haar, who has tons of Skill is a monster, same with Boyd.

cant forget impale and deadeye neph and aran both have tons of skill and shinnon...

rend however is the best mastery skill 5x your str(even lyre OHKO's with base str 5x14=70 BK OHKO), only things that challenge are sol and aether for healing abilities.

Bane may never prevent a kill, but if ike's getting aether on you even if he hit like a couple 2's, you dying. bane? oh they're down to 1hp...gatrie gets luna and BAM! enemy OHKO'd sothe gets bane? enemy 2-3HKO'd is that good? its a nice skill and all but if sothe gets it on his second(or only) attack it might not even be that extremely helpful since all your using sothe for is, treasure and chip damage by the time he's promoted. so you chip alot more than he would, but its not like getting stun, they're dead. no one has to clean up after haar.

So basically its just another area sothe is the worst in, his mastery skill...and just another reason for him not to be in the endgame.

i want a forced tibarn or Naesala(he does have plot stuff with lekain)

Original complaint was:

It'd also be a lot easier to use him if he didn't have Bane. Or can you take off Mastery Skills? I've never actually played FE10.

And the question was how it would be better if sothe lacked Bane. Nobody ever claimed that Bane was actually a good mastery skill.

cant forget impale and deadeye neph and aran both have tons of skill and shinnon...

rend however is the best mastery skill 5x your str(even lyre OHKO's with base str 5x14=70 BK OHKO), only things that challenge are sol and aether for healing abilities.

Deadeye is Skill/2 IIRC. Don't forget Devdan, his base Skill gets him somewhere and it helps his offense alot, too.

Bane isn't that bad, I had it activate with Heather in 3-E on Nailah.

with adept the problem of the second hit Bane is mostly solved.

Uh, yes it is. For one thing, the activation rate is pretty low, and second, it isn't exactly worth it when it doesn 1RKO or 1HKO like most other mastery skills.

@Bolded: Yeah...personal experince-much? <_<

Unless it activates on the second turn...

IIRC,Bane cannot activate on an attack that would kill anyway.

Aside from that, I call not enough information. What if the second attack wouldn't kill in the first place?

How about the fact that his usefulness as a combat unit in Part 4 is complete trash?

That has nothing to do with whether he actually fights or not. You have to assume he fights if we're going to talk about using Bane, so him being bad in combat is irrelevant.

That has nothing to do with whether he actually fights or not. You have to assume he fights if we're going to talk about using Bane, so him being bad in combat is irrelevant.

Or the player could not be dumb and knowingly use a bad unit...

Or the player could not be dumb and knowingly use a bad unit...

So I'm an idiot because I like to use Fiona and Astrid? Your sentence makes no sense. It's not dumb if the player knowingly uses a bad unit. It just means they feel like using that unit.

Goddamn it, people. Stop going off on such retarded tangents from what I was originally saying. See Soul, this is what I was saying about people saying he sucks. Pointing out a small logic issue regarding Bane's activation results in a bunch of posts trying to talk about how bad Sothe is. Sure, this is for part 4, where he really isn't good anymore, but was all this really necessary?