"My Unit" Impact?

I guess this goes more to those who played the original FE3, but how much impact would you like "My Unit" to have on the story?

Personally, I would want an obvious but not substantial impact (I don't want them to ignore "My Unit," but at the same time I don't want "My Unit" to be the center of attention all the time). But, what's your take?

Fanfics. Thousands of them.

I'm predicting that the new gaiden chapters will be focused on the "my unit" character. Things like thwarting assassination plots on Marth and stuff, maybe?

Edited by TheEnd

I want My Unit to be as a playable Tactician would be. He has a say in the plot arcs, and fights. He's a lesser Lord. No more.

My Unit will be like Frey. Only available in Normal Mode.

Was that said anywhere?

I really hope not.

It was said that My Unit is supposed to be a close friend of Marth's.

Was that said anywhere?

I really hope not.

It was said that My Unit is supposed to be a close friend of Marth's.

I believe it said that the prologue was his journey of becoming part of the Royal Guard, not necessarily Marth's confidant.

I'm expecting the My Unit character to play a role similar to Lyn's in FE7. Maybe the gaiden chapters will be led by My Unit, I dunno. But it would make sense for the customizable unit to function as a Lord would ingame. I doubt the player would be allowed to progress without the character he/she builds in the beginning.

I think that the addition of the other tactician, Katerina, and "my unit," the game will feature a squad that Katerina takes command for the gaiden chapters.

Speaking as a non-FE3 player (but adamant Jeigan should be the tactician), I'd like My Unit to basically just be Marth's link between him and the army. Like a Captain, but not exactly a major player. I don't think IS are gonna restrain themselves, though...

It would be nice for him to have a story in the sidequests.

But also that he could get paired with a girl in the story (other than Sheeda/Caeda of course).

Or boy. I'd like a gay My Unit, thanks.

But anyway, I think My Unit appearing in Gaiden chapters is most likely.