Ike VS Black Knight

I'm going for another playthrough for Radiatn Dawn's transfer data, but I always get a hard time against the Black Knight and Ashnard. This time, I wish to know how to fight the Black Knight.

Well, when I fight him I always have Ike with skill, strength, speed, and defense maxed. His skills are Miracle and Aether for the fight.

However, I wish to know if there is another way to face the Black knight and defeat him without Aether used.

Thanks in advance to any answers.

Edited by Light Lord

Well, when I fight him I always have Ike with skill, strength, speed, and defense maxed. His skills are Miracle and Aether for the fight.

However, I wish to know if there is another way to face the Black knight and defeat him without Aether used.

Thanks in advance to any answers.

Eh.... Wrath instead of Aether?

Resolve and wrath on him is the other best way.

Impossible. You get Resolve the chapter you face the BK.

Wrath + Adept. But it's kind of a waste to give Adept to Ike, since he doesn't usually have trouble ORKOing anything but Generals and Dragons.

If you have max str you should be hitting 9s, so on your turn attack him from 2 spaces away (so the Black Knight can't activate luna) then heal Ike with mist. The Black Knight then sould attack you directly taking another 9. You attack from a distance, heal, then get attacked. If you keep doing this you should end up killing the Black Knight in 5 turns and not have to worry about a random Luna killing you.

Be warned that, if you're playing in Hard mode, the BK moves, so you can still suffer one Luna hit per turn. Wrath by itself with the above method works great (since you can still miss the BK if you're unlucky).

If you have max str you should be hitting 9s, so on your turn attack him from 2 spaces away (so the Black Knight can't activate luna) then heal Ike with mist. The Black Knight then sould attack you directly taking another 9. You attack from a distance, heal, then get attacked. If you keep doing this you should end up killing the Black Knight in 5 turns and not have to worry about a random Luna killing you.

Unfortunately Bishops with physic staves come on turn 3. Then at the end of turn 4 they heal him.

Fully heal him.

Unfortunately Bishops with physic staves come on turn 3. Then at the end of turn 4 they heal him.

Fully heal him.

That's what Mist is for, obviously. I think there is only ever one unit capable of healing that appears. kill him

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Two Bishops show up. I think they are out of range on the first turn. That being said, mist can only beat one up, so a Bish can heal BK for decent HP.

*Cue Nasir pwning BK*

First off, nothing appears until turn 3, so Mist can most certainly be in position.

As for the number of bishops, ask Kinata. He's played it more recently than I have. All I know is I've never let anything heal the BK so if I somehow got rid of both at once then whatever, but I don't think there is more than one.

Easy/Normal Mode: 1 halberdier and 2 bishops and BK does not move.

Hard Mode: 2 halberdiers and 1 bishop and BK moves.

On hard mode, to avoid having BK attack you up close on the enemy phase, give Ike the Knight Ring and do the following moves:

Turn 1: Move Ike 1 forward, attack BK, 3 down and 3 left. Move Mist 2 to the right of Ike.

Turn 2: Have Ike attack BK, move 6 right. Have Mist move 2 right.

Turn 3: Have Ike attack BK, move 6 left. Have Mist move 2 left.

Turn 4: Same as turn 2.

Turn 5: Same as turn 3.

Thanks to the columns and Mist, BK will be forced to move back and forth and always attack Ike from a distance.

Make sure Mist heals Ike as necessary, and she should kill the reinforcements on the enemy phase via a ranged sword. Also, I have never seen the bishops heal the BK. They always seem to attack Mist if she is on the field.

Easy/Normal Mode: 1 halberdier and 2 bishops and BK does not move.

Hard Mode: 2 halberdiers and 1 bishop and BK moves.

On hard mode, to avoid having BK attack you up close on the enemy phase, give Ike the Knight Ring and do the following moves:

Turn 1: Move Ike 1 forward, attack BK, 3 down and 3 left. Move Mist 2 to the right of Ike.

Turn 2: Have Ike attack BK, move 6 right. Have Mist move 2 right.

Turn 3: Have Ike attack BK, move 6 left. Have Mist move 2 left.

Turn 4: Same as turn 2.

Turn 5: Same as turn 3.

Thanks to the columns and Mist, BK will be forced to move back and forth and always attack Ike from a distance.

Make sure Mist heals Ike as necessary, and she should kill the reinforcements on the enemy phase via a ranged sword. Also, I have never seen the bishops heal the BK. They always seem to attack Mist if she is on the field.

It could perhaps be a minimum damage thing. If BK has low enough hp the bishop may heal. Your strategy prevents Ike from aether-ing so if it works for you it should work for everyone, but I think it is possible that others think the bishops heal Ike because they've had Ike aether dropping the BK to low enough hp that the bishop chooses to heal. I dunno, it's possible, anyway.

I agree. I guess the BK orders them to leave Ike and they go for Mist if she's in range. Also, they would attack Ike if he's in range too.

Edited by Light Lord

It could perhaps be a minimum damage thing. If BK has low enough hp the bishop may heal. Your strategy prevents Ike from aether-ing so if it works for you it should work for everyone, but I think it is possible that others think the bishops heal Ike because they've had Ike aether dropping the BK to low enough hp that the bishop chooses to heal. I dunno, it's possible, anyway.

I saw both Bishops on Easy or Normal heal the BK. I don't remember exactly how much HP the BK had, except he was healed to full or almost full HP at the end. I didn't think they would heal him either >___<