New Player Mafia

General Spoon

This is the official New Player Mafia game thread. The game is played here. If you are dead or not playing, do not post in this thread. Here's how the game works, and some rules. First, the game is split into two different phases: Day Phase and Night Phase.

Day Phase

During day phase everybody discusses who they think is mafia, and will choose to hang who they think is acting most suspiciously. The discussion is self-explanatory; give out opinions, talk about other people's opinion, and other things you find relevant.

Hanging is done by voting for a player. Simply bold your vote, such as Vote General Spoon or Hang General Spoon. As long as I know that you're voting and for who, you should be good. You can change your vote at anytime by making a new vote. Once you hit the deadline, the player with the most votes on them will be lynched, killing them, and the game will move into night phase.

The town will want to use the lynch to eliminate the mafia, while the mafia will want to get somebody else lynched.

Since it is to the town's advantage to always lynch somebody in the way this game is setup, I will not be allowing you to choose to lynch nobody. You may not vote to lynch yourself.

Night Phase

During the night phase the mafia privately discusses strategy, and who want to kill that night. Once they have come to a decision on who to kill, they will notify me, and the game will move into day phase, and I will announce who the mafia killed during the night.

Death

When a player dies I will reveal their role to everybody in the game. Once you're dead, please do not talk in the game any further.

Private Messages

I ask that you do not communicate with any of the other players through PMs, IRC, etc. The exception to this rule is the mafia, who may communicate in the PM I open for them.

Winning

YOU CAN STILL WIN WITH YOUR TEAM EVEN IF YOU'RE DEAD.

The town wins if kill all the mafia.

The mafia wins if they kill the town.

Because the town will be unable to stop the mafia if there are as many members of the mafia as there are town, the game will end in a mafia victory if the number of mafia equals the number of town.

Roles in this game

There are 5 Townies and 2 Mafia Goons in this game. You will receive your role by PM from me.

Townie

A member of the town who is trying to stop the mafia from taking over. No special powers. Wins with the town

Mafia Goon

A member of the mafia who is trying to take over the town. The mafia can, as a group, kill one player at night. Wins with the mafia.

Player List

psychout50 -Lynched Day 2 (Mafia Goon)

Spike -Lynched Day 1 (Townie)

AstraLunaSol -Killed Night 2 (Townie)

Dagron

SlaveBlade -Lynched Day 3 (Mafia Goon)

Luke fon Fabre

Generic Officer -Killed Night 1 (Townie)

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1 Begins

The deadline for the day phases will be either 48 hours or until discussion has stopped, whichever comes first. I will be the judge of when discussion has stopped; don't worry, as I will be fair.

Edited by General Spoon

Since it is to the town's advantage to always lynch somebody in the way this game is setup, I will not be allowing you to choose to lynch nobody. You may not vote to lynch yourself.

I vote Spike. You're kinda suspicious. And you're voting me so, yeah.

Yes, kinda suspicious for voting you. That makes sense. The fact that you don't wanna die and instead vote for the one who voted for you, without even providing a real reason for it other than "you voted me" is kinda fishy.

This is gonna be fun. :D

Why did I vote for you? Because you were first on the list. Since there's no real reason to suspect anyone yet, I just went with whatever came first.

Edited by Spike

I'm gonna vote Generic Officer since he hasn't said anything yet and it's been a small amount of time...

Well I'm still contemplating on who to lynch since its all guessing right now since no action is taken. I'll post my decision later.

Yeah, sorry, but I want reasons. I seem "suspicious", huh? Why? I'm even more suspicious of psychout now, since as soon as I voted him, another guy changes his vote to me. One of the three probably just went with the flow.

Why the hell am I doing this? This'll just make me look more "suspicious" because I'm actually trying to defend myself.