Top 5

To be honest, Gamble's pretty impractical, really. As I see it, halving my accuracy in a game where enemies actually have good stats is like robbing a police station - you just don't do it. Also, with the fact that enemy luck is actually existent in this game, good luck getting nearly 100% crit. In fact, the only thing he can feasibly get near 100% crit on is dragons, and taking them out isn't THAT difficult.

I never said it was practical. I said it was the only good use of the skill. Most of the time, it lowers your expected damage, but this is a rare occasion where it doesn't.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said it was practical. I said it was the only good use of the skill. Most of the time, it lowers your expected damage, but this is a rare occasion where it doesn't.

Yeah, any time you can get the hit-rate over 50 along with 100% crit, the damage is likely to be higher on average. In fact, the best is if he 3HKOs (don't think he does, though). If he 3HKOs, then all he'd need is one crit out of two swings. Which becomes 1 hit out of 2 when pulling 100% crit rates. I'm just sad he 4HKOs (Generals, anyway).

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yeah, any time you can get the hit-rate over 50 along with 100% crit, the damage is likely to be higher on average. In fact, the best is if he 3HKOs (don't think he does, though). If he 3HKOs, then all he'd need is one crit out of two swings. Which becomes 1 hit out of 2 when pulling 100% crit rates. I'm just sad he 4HKOs (Generals, anyway).

He'd also be killing outright about one in five. That could move his "effective" KO rate up somewhat. But does it really matter in a comparison of knife users? Nobody who uses knives kills better than Volke. The mere fact that he can be kinda effective but not really is probably a hint at how bad off Sothe and Heather have it.

He still has a decent chance to proc Lethality and insta-kill the Generals.

Axes

1. Haar

2. Titania

3. Nolan

4. Jill

5. Boyd

Lances

1. Nephenee

2. Gatrie

3. Marcia

4. Oscar

5. Aran

Bow

1. Shinon

Swords

1. Ike I guess...

2. Zihark

3. Stefan

4. Renning

5. Black Knight

Also, try not to derail the topic with things that would be more appropriate in the tier lists.

cool swords list,

and people u better listen up to the admin