Transfer recommendations

Well, I'm playing it yet again to transfer better stats or weapon levels to Radiant Dawn.

These are the characters I would like, but of course I would like others opinion or experience with them, so here we go.

100% sure to train:

Ike

Boyd

Rolf

Nephenee

Jill

Soren

Sothe

Mist

Maybe:

Kieran

Oscar

Mia

Astrid

Rhys

Marcia

If you have any other recommendations or opinions, I would like to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Zihark would not be a bad idea either if you manage to cap his defensive parameters.

Yeah, there's not much point in trying with Zihark unless you get his def capped. Now, you don't have much hope of capping his res without massive resetting, but def could work. spd is almost automatic, but doesn't do much aside from let him double more cats in part 3 of RD. skl is only +4 hit, but I suppose for wind edges every little bit counts. str doesn't matter in part 1 due to brave sword's existence. 27 mt with 4 attacks is sufficient to take down anything, and forges work for some things if you want to preserve brave sword uses.

For Sothe try to use only BEXP instead of making him fight in the chapters. Also because his damage output is horrible (It takes him until level 8 to match base level Volke in attack if he gets STR in every level up).

For the characters in the Maybe list, I'd get transfers for Oscar, Marcia, Mia and maybe Kieran.

Try adding Elincia to the transfer team. You can easily get 10 levels for her if you save the Ashera Staff + the Hammerne staff (Use Ashera 2 times, Hammerne, 2 more times, Hammerne, 2 more times, Hammerne, 3 times = 1020 EXP). Plus if you are playing NM, you can just abuse Physic staves in Endgame (Which is also a good map for getting a trasnfer for Reyson).

Other characters I'd recommend:

Giffca

Titania

Geoffrey maybe

Brom

Zihark

Haar if you can spare the Speedwings.

Finally, if you want to maximise the use of BEXP, use this page.

Edited by Krad

For Sothe try to use only BEXP instead of making him fight in the chapters. Also because his damage output is horrible (It takes him until level 8 to match base level Volke in attack if he gets STR in every level up).

For the characters in the Maybe list, I'd get transfers for Oscar, Marcia, Mia and maybe Kieran.

Try adding Elincia to the transfer team. You can easily get 10 levels for her if you save the Ashera Staff + the Hammerne staff (Use Ashera 2 times, Hammerne, 2 more times, Hammerne, 2 more times, Hammerne, 3 times = 1020 EXP). Plus if you are playing NM, you can just abuse Physic staves in Endgame (Which is also a good map for getting a trasnfer for Reyson).

You know, you can surround Ashnard even on HM. It just takes 4 characters that aren't 1HKOd (and aren't doubled/facing crit). Also, 9 uses of Ashera staff vs. 29 uses of fortify. Well, 3 uses of Ashera and 8 of fortify happen anyway, so it is 6 Ashera vs. 21 fortify. Fortify could give 30 exp and still manage more total exp gained. If you aren't caring about turns (and burning through 9 uses of Ashera in the final chapter + 3 uses of hammerne indicates you probably don't) then it isn't a problem.

fortify = 60 exp per use. 21 uses = 1260 exp.

Ashera = 100 per use. 6 uses = 600 exp. You get more than twice as much with fortify.

Well, I'm playing it yet again to transfer better stats or weapon levels to Radiant Dawn.

These are the characters I would like, but of course I would like others opinion or experience with them, so here we go.

100% sure to train:

Ike

Boyd

Rolf

Nephenee

Jill

Soren

Sothe

Mist

Maybe:]/b]

Kieran

Oscar

Mia

Astrid

Rhys

Marcia

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't recommend Sothe or Rhys is you aren't going for a FE10 HM run, Sothe doesn't need it, and Rhys does pretty good damage already if you're willing to use him as a mage other than a healer. I'd recommend you Shinon over Rolf, but Shinon pretty much doesn't need transfers.

Devdan would be a pretty good option, you just need a Speedwings and a Knight Ward to get his Spd capping. I assume you can easily get him to cap Str.

I wouldn't recommend you Haar, really, once again, if you aren't going for a FE10 HM run, don't you try it, it's risky and you'll waste lots of BEXP. Heck, I had to get very lucky to get him to cap Str, Skill, and most importantly, Spd through the use of Bands and a Speedwings.

You should try Tanith and/or Titania. But watch out, you should choose your numbers carefully as for who needs or wants the the tranfers more, and not just make a character stronger than the necesary.

Quite literally none of your suggestions make sense. If you want the most mileage out of your transfers, you'll want to transfer key stats to units with the best availability. So why wouldn't Sothe or Haar want a transfer? Or why would Rhys, Devdan, and Tanith want a transfer (at least, more than anyone else)?

100% sure to train:

Ike

Boyd

Rolf

Nephenee

Jill

Soren

Sothe

Mist

Maybe:

Kieran

Oscar

Mia

Astrid

Rhys

Marcia

Thanks in advance.

Zihark has been mentionned already and shouldn't be too difficult to transfer. Go for Soldier band to cap defense easier and, with the help of an Angelic Robe, maybe HP.

I see you trying with Rolf, but training Shinon instead might not be a bad idea. It did pay off with me.

Volke and Stefan remain easy transfers if you put them to 20/20. They don't benefit much due to availability, but they're almost 100% sure of capping Strength, Skill and Speed.

All staves users should be considered if you abuse. Use Easy/Normal Ashnard, as his weapon doesn't break, and since he doesn't move you can easily get Experience with all staves users.

I know it might sound like a funny idea, but Brom isn't too bad. He does makes some part 2 chapters a bit easier, but the very funny thing with him is that if you transfer him with S Swords, he'll start with close to A rank in those, almost able to use Lucia's Silver Sword from the start. It's more of a fun option than a good one, though.

Quite literally none of your suggestions make sense. If you want the most mileage out of your transfers, you'll want to transfer key stats to units with the best availability. So why wouldn't Sothe or Haar want a transfer? Or why would Rhys, Devdan, and Tanith want a transfer (at least, more than anyone else)?

Why wouldn't Haar want? I already said it, it's hard to get him to transfer Speed, so you might as well go for Str only. You have to get him to catch Skill in every level up to transfer, and Spd doesn't go up very fast at all, which would mean he will be relying much on BEXP. Besides, he caps Str, Skill and Defense very fast, he doesn't need them.

I also didn't state Rhys should get transfers, quite the oppisite. Tanith benefits well from transfers even if she doesn't have excellent avaibility, most of all in the Spd area.

Unlike the CRK, Devdan actually has a decent third tier option, only thing making him worse is Movement, his durability is pretty good on NM. All he really needs is Str & Spd.

I can see Tanith wanting a transfer. If you can get her speed to 34, she's the single best Wishblade user in 4-E, and she's not bad in Part 4 either. I certainly wouldn't lump her into the same category as Rhys or Danved (although 23 base AS with a 45% growth at level 9 is nifty).

100% sure to train:

Ike

Boyd

Rolf

Nephenee

Jill

Soren

Sothe

Mist

Maybe:

Kieran

Oscar

Mia

Astrid

Rhys

Marcia

Thanks in advance.

Don't bother with Mist, Astrid or Rhys. Astrid is awful, while Rhys/Mist suck at all non-healing duties and Soren is horribly mediocre even with transfers. Marcia is a good pick, though. The only person you're really missing is Titania (specifically, use the KW to cap her speed and a Book to cap her skill).

Sothe is referred to as 'Sothe the Useless'. I thought it was funny, then I remembered I like FE9 Sothe.

Don't bother with Mist, Astrid or Rhys. Astrid is awful,

If someone plans to use Astrid in RD, a transfer is extremely helpful. It's not as though this topic specifically asked for transfers that make the game easier as a whole as opposed to making characters easier to use.

My comments in bold

100% sure to train:

Ike - spd and str are the useful stats to cap and pretty easy. He's a no brainer.

Boyd - HP and str are good. I'd say spd too, but even that won't help with his double trouble.

Rolf - Yes, if you plan to use him. Shinon doesn't need transfers

Nephenee - If you could get her to max out str, spd, and def, part 2 will be much easier and her starting weapon won't bog her down as much.

Jill - Yes.

Soren - Not necessary, imo.

Sothe Only if you're going HM. But if you must, use BEXP only.

Mist - Not necessary, but if you're like me and play her as a swordfighter, a str transfer will help

Maybe:

Kieran I'd put him either him or Geoffrey in the "100% category" so you have someone to ease the pain of CRK chapters

Oscar - Not necessary, imo

Mia - Not necessary but a str and skl boost would help her in the beginning.

Astrid Not necessary, but she has Paragon so she's easy to get to 20/20 so why not?

Rhys - Unless you can get him to cap spd, I wouldn't bother. And that's a tall order.

Marcia - Not necessary, imo.

Zihark and Titania should defenitly get transfers and maybe Gatrie.

Thanks in advance.

You're welcom! ^_^

I can see Tanith wanting a transfer. If you can get her speed to 34, she's the single best Wishblade user in 4-E, and she's not bad in Part 4 either. I certainly wouldn't lump her into the same category as Rhys or Danved (although 23 base AS with a 45% growth at level 9 is nifty).

Devdan will be pretty much doubling and 1RKO most enemies in 2-3 NM with an Str/Spd transfer. It's not a bad option considering how much Str he wants. He's not bad.

@ERL:

Reguarding on Soren: He actually does want transfers, most of all in the Spd area so he can double Generals for the first two chapters. Also much easier for BEXP.

Reguarding Oscar: He actually wants Str...

Reguarding Mia: Not necesary!? Wut. She's suffering in Atk and facing many, many Generals, of course she wants all the transfers she could get, which are Str, Skill and Spd. 30 Spd is amazingly hot for Adept activation.

Now Gatrie, he is unnecesary, he'd just be silly broken.

Edited by Soul

Why wouldn't Haar want? I already said it, it's hard to get him to transfer Speed, so you might as well go for Str only. You have to get him to catch Skill in every level up to transfer, and Spd doesn't go up very fast at all, which would mean he will be relying much on BEXP. Besides, he caps Str, Skill and Defense very fast, he doesn't need them.

This is not a tier list topic. It is pretty obvious that the topic creator will go to whatever lengths necessary to get the best transfers from his PoR units. So, even if Haar needs to proc spd on every remaining level up with his 35 +5% spd growth, the benefits are huge. Because now, Haar doesn't need to rely on a Speedwing + Seal or whatever to double enemies.

I also didn't state Rhys should get transfers, quite the oppisite. Tanith benefits well from transfers even if she doesn't have excellent avaibility, most of all in the Spd area.

Unlike the CRK, Devdan actually has a decent third tier option, only thing making him worse is Movement, his durability is pretty good on NM. All he really needs is Str & Spd.

Once again, when you're making transfers, you want to prioritize units that will get the most out of them. Danved, even with a spd transfer, exists only in part 2 and after 3-9, and his other stats are still mediocre by that point in the game. Tanith is only available after 3-11. Compared to Jill and Zihark, who are around since 1-6, or the GMs, who are around since 3-P, or Neph/Brom, present since 2-P, they are the lowest priority. Especially since some of the stats are quite difficult to cap (Haar spd, Zihark HP/def, Sothe HP/def); being overly ambitious with unnecessary transfers will make it much harder and more time-consuming.

True, Tanith is a better candidate than Rhys or maybe Danved, but she's still not in the league of units who are available 2-3 times more than she is.

@ERL:

Reguarding on Soren: He actually does want transfers, most of all in the Spd area so he can double Generals for the first two chapters. Also much easier for BEXP.

Reguarding Oscar: He actually wants Str...

Reguarding Mia: Not necesary!? Wut. She's suffering in Atk and facing many, many Generals, of course she wants all the transfers she could get, which are Str, Skill and Spd. 30 Spd is amazingly hot for Adept activation.

Now Gatrie, he is unnecesary, he'd just be silly broken.

Yes, Mia isn't necessary because she's already good. I guess if you want her to be a goddess right away, then you can give her transfers. And a str boost wouldn't help with Generals that much.

I guess Oscar and Soren are debatable depending on if you're using them a lot.

Gatrie, well, it's not like he's silly broken right away....

This is not a tier list topic. It is pretty obvious that the topic creator will go to whatever lengths necessary to get the best transfers from his PoR units. So, even if Haar needs to proc spd on every remaining level up with his 35 +5% spd growth, the benefits are huge. Because now, Haar doesn't need to rely on a Speedwing + Seal or whatever to double enemies.

That's true. I guess since he's using Boyd, the Speedwings should go to him or Titania.

True, Tanith is a better candidate than Rhys or maybe Danved, but she's still not in the league of units who are available 2-3 times more than she is.

Then yeah, Tanith is pretty easy to train, too. Despite not having great avaibility, she comes at a decent level, where some of your units might getting to third tier, as of then.

Yes, Mia isn't necessary because she's already good. I guess if you want her to be a goddess right away, then you can give her transfers. And a str boost wouldn't help with Generals that much.

Atk is her problem in the first place, NM Generals can't be 1RKO even with Adept activated twice in a round. So yes, she pretty much needs those transfers, otherwise she's pretty average until her Str kicks in. She also has great avaibility, in both, FE9 and FE10, it would be silly to not get transfers on her.

I guess Oscar and Soren are debatable depending on if you're using them a lot.

Oh, so I guess it's debatable on everyone else to get or to not get transfers depending if you're using them alot or not? They're lacking offense, just like Mia.

Gatrie, well, it's not like he's silly broken right away

His offense is great. That's it.

Edited by Soul

@dondon

If he's going to use Tanith, putting a transfer on her is probably a better move than putting a transfer on say, Zihark who barely needs it in Part 1 and doesn't help him in Part 3. Plus, Tanith is very easy to transfer - ten levels and she's done, easy, with the option of taking a Book for Skill or a Drop for Strength, while Zihark needs to be trained an extra 20 levels. I'd think that even just as a filler unit in Part 3/4, transfers for Tanith is more bang for your buck than transfers for Zihark. I mean, Tanith only needs to promote to double Paladins in 4-P, and 20/4 or 20/5 gets her 30AS, enough to double everything in 4-3. And what's the cost? 10 levels in PoR, maybe a Crown if you don't have the patience to get her to promote naturally.

@RFoF

Well, just making sure he's aware that Astrid will suck majorly even with transfers.

Edited by Slowking

I'm not sure if topic creator plans to go to NM or HM with the transfers (probably NM), but since we only have HM stats in this board, I will refer to those. Base Zihark (30 HP, 13 def) is 3HKO'd by 23 atk, which armors, fighters, archers, and soldiers already have in 1-6-1. HP, def transfer Zihark (35 HP, 15 def) is 5HKO'd (although enemies tend to have 24 atk, so more like 4HKO'd). Big difference here. 28 atk 2HKOs vanilla Zihark, which many enemies have in 1-E, but it 3HKOs transfer Zihark. It doesn't really help him much in 3-6, but with lower enemy stats on NM it could make a difference.

Tanith only has 3-11 and onwards to do something. I'm not of the opinion that being the best Wishblade user in 4-E has much value when it is only available from 4-E-3 onwards (i.e. 3 1-turn-able maps left in the game... I guess 4-E-5 generally counts as 2 turns). Tanith's true contributions are 3-11 and 4-3, but remember that she joins an army of transfer units while Zihark's only transfer companions are Sothe and Jill.

Edited by dondon151

Atk is her problem in the first place, NM Generals can't be 1RKO even with Adept activated twice in a round. So yes, she pretty much needs those transfers, otherwise she's pretty average until her Str kicks in. She also has great avaibility, in both, FE9 and FE10, it would be silly to not get transfers on her.

Swordmasters aren't for killing Generals unless they crit them so who cares on that front? Yes, she could use the str transfer, but it really doesn't take a lot to get her going. I honestly don't find it necessary. But sure, if you want to maximize transfer bonuses then add her to the group. I'm just saying don't sweat over it.

Oh, so I guess it's debatable on everyone else to get or to not get transfers depending if you're using them alot or not? They're lacking offense, just like Mia.

But Oscar isn't that great in the first place, so you might as well let him level normally.

His offense is great. That's it.

He also has great defense making him your tank. He doesn't need a spd transfer as he already has a crazy-for-a-general spd growth anyway.

Swordmasters aren't for killing Generals unless they crit them so who cares on that front? Yes, she could use the str transfer, but it really doesn't take a lot to get her going. I honestly don't find it necessary. But sure, if you want to maximize transfer bonuses then add her to the group. I'm just saying don't sweat over it.

Sweat over what? She is very easy to transfer. Even if unnecesary, it's very likely for her to get transfers, especially when Spd helps her Adept activation, making it much more usual.

Rofl, Mist and Rhys don't need transfers either seeing as Mist & Rhys' combat sucks, and Rofl fails to see a Player Phase, hence get to the enemies with good timing (Movement). Yet, you bother on bringing an Str transfer would benefit Mist even though her offense sucks forever?

But Oscar isn't that great in the first place, so you might as well let him level normally.

He actually is, and for quite a while. People just tend to overrate 3rd tier Paladin caps alot. He has mounted usefulness and will be gaining good offense, enough to double most enemies with good Atk.

I'm not sure if topic creator plans to go to NM or HM with the transfers (probably NM), but since we only have HM stats in this board, I will refer to those. Base Zihark (30 HP, 13 def) is 3HKO'd by 23 atk, which armors, fighters, archers, and soldiers already have in 1-6-1. HP, def transfer Zihark (35 HP, 15 def) is 5HKO'd (although enemies tend to have 24 atk, so more like 4HKO'd). Big difference here. 28 atk 2HKOs vanilla Zihark, which many enemies have in 1-E, but it 3HKOs transfer Zihark. It doesn't really help him much in 3-6, but with lower enemy stats on NM it could make a difference.

Tanith only has 3-11 and onwards to do something. I'm not of the opinion that being the best Wishblade user in 4-E has much value when it is only available from 4-E-3 onwards (i.e. 3 1-turn-able maps left in the game... I guess 4-E-5 generally counts as 2 turns). Tanith's true contributions are 3-11 and 4-3, but remember that she joins an army of transfer units while Zihark's only transfer companions are Sothe and Jill.

Well, that's if we assume we RNG abuse so that capping HP/DEF is actually feasible. Zihark definitely needs a Robe and probably at least one dracoshield to reach that level. Admittedly, Zihark with HP/DEF transfers is quite good, but I wouldn't assume that everyone has the patience to manipulate a 5% chance or whatever it is for Zihark to cap DEF with an appropiate band (impossible on Fixed Mode without BEXP abuse, which is also disgustingly tedious), or throw two Robes on Zihark when we could give them to Jill or Nephenee.

Well, that's if we assume we RNG abuse so that capping HP/DEF is actually feasible. Zihark definitely needs a Robe and probably at least one dracoshield to reach that level. Admittedly, Zihark with HP/DEF transfers is quite good, but I wouldn't assume that everyone has the patience to manipulate a 5% chance or whatever it is for Zihark to cap DEF with an appropiate band (impossible on Fixed Mode without BEXP abuse, which is also disgustingly tedious), or throw two Robes on Zihark when we could give them to Jill or Nephenee.

If only going for HP, Str, Skl, Spd, and Def Zihark's levels probably wouldn't be too tedious to manipulate through BEXP depending on how patient you are (perhaps I'm not the one to talk as someone who's getting Mist to cap everything). Def at 30% is low but not too bad, and everything else is 45-60%. Plus you can use the Knight Band for Str and Def, his two lowest growths in that group. Of course, even after the Robe, you'd only have 5 levels of leeway on his HP, so he'd need to get it on 24/29 levels.

Well, I've crunched the numbers before - Zihark has less than 5% chance to cap defense naturally, even with the appropiate band. HP is even worse - we're looking at 0.15% or something equally silly. With two Robes, there's significantly more breathing room, with a solid ~43%, but this screws any hope of HP transfers on Jill or Nephenee (and I'd be much more interested in HP transfers on them than on Zihark).

Edited by Slowking

Well, I've crunched the numbers before - Zihark has less than 5% chance to cap defense naturally, even with the appropiate band. HP is even worse - we're looking at 0.15% or something equally silly. With two Robes, there's significantly more breathing room, with a solid ~43%, but this screws any hope of HP transfers on Jill or Nephenee (and I'd be much more interested in HP transfers on them than on Zihark).

I generally assume that people who transfer are willing to do a bit of reset abuse unless stated otherwise (perhaps I shouldn't, though?). Zihark has good enough chances to cap Str, Skl, and Spd that they don't need to be worried about too much, and his HP growth is already decently high (there is also Soldier Band for HP/Def). Plus, Jill can still cap HP without a Robe...if she gets it on every single level.