whats up with walkthrough.

The walk through of FE10 on serenes forest, on same page you find growths and stuff isn't that great and i've found some awesome advice from various people who seem to reall know what they're talking about. but the character guide is just sad, because there is no backup on why this character is good and S/he will say Soren has good speed, while he does for a mage, its quite pitiful among his team and in general among good characters. Also it only compares characters to people of their class, if a character is by far best in their class the author goes on to call them awesome, which is hardly the case, again soren(i like soren, see my name. but statistically he's nothing special)who was recommended on you endgame team. Is there a way to re-write this, i know my first couple PTs i had no idea who to use, and looked for guides, if i had come across this one i would have used edward which probably would have led to quitting FE10 forever. After my first PT i wanted to know what non jeign/royal characters i could use but was unable to find a guide. so it would be nice if there was a generic guide out there that was written objectively to help players new to the game or people just wondering what good characters they haven't figured out about.

But, thinking about this guide made me wonder who people's favorite character in a class was because it was written in this manner, so as a general question whos your favorite in each class?

Paladin: Titania

Sword master: Mia

Halberdier: Nephenee

General: Gatrie

Reaver: Boyd

Peagasus knight: elincia(marcia if you dont count elincia)

Dracoknight: haar and jill tie

Theives: Volke(Heather if he doesn't count)

Mage: Soren

Preist/anyonewhocanheal: Elincia/miciah

Sniper: Shinnon

Laguz: Jannaf/Ulki

Royal: Tibarn

Keep in mind that this walkthrough was done on the Japanese version where there were some differences, the biggest being that you needed Master Crowns to promote (and there was I believe 13 in it, plus Mist's own crown). Then there's the whole Eddie and Leo at level 1 and the fact that the guy didn't know any growths. He also missed Stefan, but when you actually make the guide that should be a bit obvious.

This said, favorite of each class:

Swordfighter : Zihark

Soldier : I don't like any of them, but the closest is probably Nephenee

Axefighter : Nolan

Archer : Shinon

Armorknight : Tauroneo and Gatrie are equal

Cavalier : Kieran and Oscar

Peg Knight : Tanith

Dragon Knight : Haar

Mage : Tormod

Priest : Oliver

Thief : Volke

Cat : Ranulf

Tiger : Muarim

Lion : Caineghis

Hawk : Ulki

Raven : Naesala

Heron : Reyson

Dragon : Kurthnaga

Edited by Dio

There's a similar topic on page 5 of the FE10 forum, though it was locked. The guy who made the walkthrough actually posted on that topic.

that was a funny topic, Mjw/ehisnameis really made a good solid guide though(sarcasm)Is there any way i can re-write the character guide section? im on vacation and have a lot of free time atm. unless anybody thinks that guy has a nice guide...

While the guide could use an update,it would put my mind at ease if you would give credentials or something(or atleast post it on the forums so it can be proofread)

i would do that for sure, it wouldn't even need to replace the current guide, just a thing to the side called "character guide". i can get working on it tonight =]

Swordfighter : Mia, lately leaning slightly more towards Edward

Soldier : Nephenee

Archer : Rolf

Armorknight : hate them, Meg makes a nice challenge though

Cavalier : don't like these either, though Fiona and Astrid make nice challenges

Peg Knight : Marcia, she makes part 2 a lot easier. though after chapter marauders she's out.

Dragon Knight : Jill for challenge

Mage : Soren for 30 extra avoid on Ike

Priest : Micaiah, does she count?

Thief : Heather, love her, in the non-sexual kind of way

Cat, Tiger, Lion, Hawk, Raven : never used most Laguz, wouldn't know

Heron : Rafiel

You should PM VincentASM to see if he could add guide.

Swordfighter : Stefan

Soldier : Aran

Archer : Shinon

Armorknight : Tauroneo

Cavalier : Kieran, Titania, and Renning

Mage : Bastian

Priest : Laura

Dragon : Nasir

Red Fox already has a pretty nice character rating topic going. It even indicates some of things to do for best performance. I don't see any reason to go from scratch on another guide. Red Fox's could either be put up as is or modified to make it more "Character Guide"-like rather than a rating topic.

Swordfighter : Edward

Soldier : All of them but Nephenee a tad bit more

Axefighter : Boyd

Archer : Leonardo

Armorknight : All of them :3 but Meg and Tauro a little bit more because they're in the dawn brigade.

Cavalier : Four way tie between Astrid, Fiona, Titania, and Kieran but Astrid is first choice if I have to pick.

Peg Knight : Marcia or Sigrun, I don't count Elincia as a peg "knight".

Dragon Knight : Both but Jill is a little higher

Mage : Ilyana

Priest : If you mean healer Elincia if you mean priest/bishop class then tie between Laura and Rhys

Thief : Heather

Cat : Lethe

Tiger : Mordecai or Muarim, I like both but Mordy if I have to pick one.

Lion : Cain, I can't stand Skrimir's character ;)

Raven : Vika

Dragon : Ena or Nasir probably Ena character-wise.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Swordfighter : Lucia

Soldier : Aran

Armorknight : Brom

Cavalier : Makalov/Renning

Mage : Tormod/Micaiah

Priest : Micaiah

Thief : Sothe

Lion : Skrimir

Hawk : Janaff

Raven : Nealuchi

Heron : Leanne

Dragon : Umm... Gareth, mainly because he might be an interesting person if we actually ever saw him do anything (I know the other Dragons are boring for sure)

Swordmaster: Zihark and Mia

Warrior: Boyd

Paladin: Oscar and Kieran

Sniper: Rolf

General: Gatrie

Pegasus: Marcia and Elincia

Dracoknight: Jill

Thief: Sothe and Volke

Beast Laguz: Mordecai

Bird Laguz: Tibarn

Healer: Mist

Mage: Calill

Bandit: 18 AS one in 1-8

Trueblade:Edward,if you don't have enough ressources for him,Mia.

Reaver:Nolan,Boyd is weak and is a tad too slow

Paladin:Titania, Oscar strenght is kinda bad

Sniper:Shinon, Rolf is frakin'LEVEL 1 when he starts,raising him is kind oa an hindrance.

General:Gatrie,Brom never double EVER,but Generals are kind of useless in this game..

Halberdier:Nephenee,Aran is VERY SLOW,he's getting doubled!

Pegasus Knight:Marcia,I don't count Elincia

Wyvern Master:Jill,Haar is very slow.

Whisper:Sothe, he's forced.

Laguz:Royals.

Healer:Elincia, Mist is frail and weak.

Mage:Micaiah,other mages in this game are bad,except Soren who is good,but he will never be as useful as Micaiah.

Since training 3 DB character for the endgame is kinda long and hard, so there is other choices for each of their classes that also does a decent job instead of them:Mia for Edward,Boyd for Nolan and Haar(But he needs a speedwing)for Jill.If had to drop one of the three DB character,i'd say Edward,he is hard to raise and Mia does the job with less ressources,but lesser good results,but only slightly.

Paladin: Astrid

Sword master: Mia

General: Hate them all

Reaver: Hate them both

Peagasus knight: Tanith

Dracoknight: Jill

Theives: Heather

Mage: Calill

Preist/anyonewhocanheal: Elincia/Micaiah

Sniper: Hate all of them

Laguz: Vika

Royal: Giffca

I like picking the weird ones. :P

Swordmaster: Zihark

Paladin: Errr...well Kieran and Fiona mostly but i like them all in their own way except Geoffery.

Mage: Soren

Reaver: Boyd

General: Gatrie (when i did use him, he was quite good)

Halberdier: Not a fan of this class but Neph makes a good one.

Sniper: Shinon

Peg Knight: Marcia

Dragon Lord: Jill

Theif: Heather

Healer: Mist

Beast Laguz: MORDY!

Wolf Laguz: Volug

Bird Laguz: Vika and Janaff

Dragon Laguz: Kurthnaga

• 2 weeks later...

Trueblade: Edward

Halberdier: Tie.(Nepheene and Aran)

Reaver: BOYD!!!! <- My favorite character ever!!!

Whisperer: Tie. (Sothe and Heather)

Paladin: Oscar or Kieran

Marshall: I hate this class.

Marksman: ROLF!!! (I HATE SHINON!!!!!!)

Sephran Knight: Marcia

Dracomaster: Not very fond of this class

Healer: Tie (Laura and Rhys)

Mage: Tie (Tormod and Ilyana)

Laguz: I just don't like any laguz. period.

Marshall: I hate this class.

Dracomaster: Not very fond of this class

you just dissed two of my favorite classes =[

probably SM > dracomaster > marshall

Mine goes Most Useful (IMO), then Favorite.

Swordfighter : Mia (WTF rapes everything) / Stefan (Badass hair)

Soldier : Nephenee (Very good for Part 2 and 3, amazing for 4) / Devdan (He'll always have a place in my heart <3)

Axefighter : Nolan (Pretty much useful in every playthrough for Part 1 and 3) / Nolan

Archer : Shinon (See Mia) / Lenoardo ( I love you, even though you suck!)

Armorknight : Gatrie (Has everything except mobility) / Meg (Yay favoritism!)

Cavalier : Oscar (He always turns out the best for me) / Astrid (You're at least better than Lyre)

Peg Knight : Elincia (Staff, canto) / Sigrun (I've gotten 4 perfect level ups with her in 1 playthrough)

Dragon Knight : Haar (Obvious) / Haar (I don't like Jill)

Mage : Micaiah (Thanibombing, staffs in Part 3) / Ilyana (ARE YOU STILL HUNGRY)

Priest : Laura (Only healer for Part 1) / Rhys (The only reason you're hear is because I liked you in PoR and I hate Oliver and dislike Laura likeabilty wise)

Thief : Sothe (Yay theifs) / Volke (BAMF)

Cat : Ranulf (The other two are garbage) / Ranulf ( ^_^)

Tiger : Mordecai (He's not gone for 90% of the game and doesn't suck like Kyza) / Mordecai (He's kind)

Lion : Ew.

Hawk : Janaff ( BEXP one level then Satori Sign for tear) / Ulki (Silent but deadly)

Raven : Naesala (The other two aren't spectacular) / Naesala

Heron : Reyson (You never fail to dissapoint) / Rafiel (Just because you hang out with Nailah)

Dragon : Meh.

Wolves: Nailah (Rapes EVERYTHING) / Volug (Very useful part 1, very nice abs as well)

Edited by Alex345

Devdan (He'll always have a place in my heart <3)

that was a bit...unexpected, lol.

cool list though, i like the way you did it, but i'd like to ask, why is meg your favorite? I pretty much only like Gatrie usefulness and like-ability. But once again, i liked your list.

Swordfighter : Edward

Soldier : Nephenee

Axefighter : Boyd

Armorknight : Gatrie

Cavalier : Kieran and Oscar

Peg Knight : Marcia

Dragon Knight : Jill

Mage : Tormod

Priest : Rhys

Hawk : Janaff

Heron : Reyson

you just dissed two of my favorite classes =[

probably SM > dracomaster > marshall

Sorry. I just don't like them. Gatrie is good stat wise but I don't play statistically. I use my favorite characters. tongue.gif I tried Marshalls but the mobility thing gets me. I'm trying Meg for the first time and she's doing good so I probably will change my opinion. As for Dracomasters I just don't really like Harr or Jill. Sorry if I offended you.

that was a bit...unexpected, lol.

cool list though, i like the way you did it, but i'd like to ask, why is meg your favorite? I pretty much only like Gatrie usefulness and like-ability. But once again, i liked your list.

I like her design, armor, the little backstory she has, and overall the character in general.

Plus, her bases for her level aren't too shabby either. And she always gets DEF for me too.

Swordfighter : Zihark Love his caring nature for the Laguz as much as people and that he absolutely PWNS in POR. In RD, his Earth support affinity is all that makes him better than any other swordfighter.

Soldier : Nephanee Duh, her shy nature caring to be beautiful both inside and out, and having brawn and being freckin broken makes her most loveable by many.

Axefighter : Nolan Of course because of his caring nature and looking like Chuck Norris. ^_^

Archer : Rolf Don't like Shinon yeachh. Rolf also grows more Str than him anyways.

Armorknight : None. I only use Gatrie.

Cavalier : Titania Not only is she god tier in both games, but also having great leadership skills.

Peg Knight : Marcia Love the way that she cares about her both only to hide it from his face by torchering him to death and being a lookalike like Est. ^_^

Dragon Knight : Haar He's like the dreamiest guy ever having brawn and handsomeness at the same time. Also the best unit in Part 2 and some of Part 3.

Mage : Soren/Ilyana Soren. He's so dashing and only caring about Ike. Ilyana I love her caring personality for food and humans equally and being most gentle than anyone else of the two games, and that she is always hungry. ^_^

Priest : Laura She brings serenity and grace. Makes my heart melt with her kindness and that she's the only good Priest in the game too.

Thief : Heather Growing the most avoid than any other thief and that she is a lesbian loving to con men that she don't like and trying to make money for her sick mother.

Cat : Ranulf He's the bravest cat of the nation and even had the courage to face Zelgius. His courage is why that I love him the most.

Tiger : Mordecai His kindness makes my heart melt. ^_^

Lion : Caineighis

Raven : Vika Who couldn't possibly love Vika. Her caring nature above all else.

Wolf: Nailah Having enough availibility in Part 1 already being broken enough that you can use her more than any other god tier character.

Heron : Rafiel I like his serenity and softness. =3

Dragon : None. I don't think that they're that great anyway since they like get doubled by everything.