At least Knoll has... wait what does Knoll have going for him?

besides the fact that he's one of two dark magic users... nothing

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lute was overshadowed by Knoll? I think that's the first time I've ever heard that.

yea the fact that he could summon really helped. the little ones made for a distraction because the enemy always goes for them that way i buy an extra turn or i manipulate were the enemy will move

yea the fact that he could summon really helped. the little ones made for a distraction because the enemy always goes for them that way i buy an extra turn or i manipulate were the enemy will move

Still, that's his class. You're basically saying without the ability to summon, Knoll would be garbage.

Edited by Knife

I liked Ewan as a Druid more, mostly because his sprite as a summoner just looks like a clown. It's a pretty ugly color scheme in general for the dark magic people, but exceptionally so for a summoner. That, and he gets his Anima magic back. Slightly higher magic cap, as well, which Ewan's never had too much of a problem hitting for me.

Just saying.

Knoll doesn't have a terrible amount of luck, sure, but he's a magic unit using the type of magic with the worst crit chance anyway. It just factors in to his dodging, which is pointless because he's a mage. He's still less likely to die than Lute if he does get hit by melee, though, because both have pretty awful defense but Knoll's got pretty good HP.

BUT BACK TO LUTE:

I still say pass on her, as much as I'd like her and would like to use her as I'm a fan of the magic units in general. I've always had much better luck with Artur, and if I'm really hurting for a Sage, Saleh is one of the better joins-as-a-promoted-unit units in the FE series. Her abysmal constitution (it's so bad!) means she needs to SEVERELY out-speed enemy units in order to double attack. I just can't fit her on my team most playthroughs.

I liked Ewan as a Druid more, mostly because his sprite as a summoner just looks like a clown. It's a pretty ugly color scheme in general for the dark magic people, but exceptionally so for a summoner. That, and he gets his Anima magic back. Slightly higher magic cap, as well, which Ewan's never had too much of a problem hitting for me.

Just saying.

Knoll doesn't have a terrible amount of luck, sure, but he's a magic unit using the type of magic with the worst crit chance anyway. It just factors in to his dodging, which is pointless because he's a mage. He's still less likely to die than Lute if he does get hit by melee, though, because both have pretty awful defense but Knoll's got pretty good HP.

BUT BACK TO LUTE:

I still say pass on her, as much as I'd like her and would like to use her as I'm a fan of the magic units in general. I've always had much better luck with Artur, and if I'm really hurting for a Sage, Saleh is one of the better joins-as-a-promoted-unit units in the FE series. Her abysmal constitution (it's so bad!) means she needs to SEVERELY out-speed enemy units in order to double attack. I just can't fit her on my team most playthroughs.

Arthur is poor in magic compared to Lute. Lute dodges more too.

• 3 months later...