Semi-Efficient Playthrough

I just realized it's been something like a year since I've played RD and I like to do a playthrough every year. So I'm going to make this a good one- efficient rather than just running around doing what I feel like.

Thing is, I've never done an efficient RD playthrough before, so I have no clue who to use besides the obvious Haar, Ike, Reyson whatever. Suggestions?

Planning on using the following for endgame so far:

Ike

Mickey

Sothe

Sanaki

Kurth

Ena

T Rolf (I have one with most stats capped so yeah)

T Mist (Mag, Res, Def, Skl)

T Jill maybe?

T Boyd

T Oscar

Oh, and this is Normal mode. I don't have hard mode yet (never bothered finishing my other NM playthrough, most people were screwed)

I'd say that Nolan > Boyd, due to more capped stats, but that's just me.

Mia should be in there. She'll cap 5 stats, so BEXP abuse can get her stats to near god-like.

Elincia should be useful as a healer. Combat's a bit iffy, but Amiti should almost solve that.

Nephenee should be fine on NM, so think about bringing her as well.

Oscar is a horrible choice for Endgame,because his Spd cap is lol32,Mist is similar with her 25 Str cap,since Micaiah has healing covered.

You could replace them with Neph and Mia,like Soren37 said,since it lets you keep a Wishblade user,and gives you a Vague Katti user.

The 32 speed cap still lets Oscar double stuff endgame though.

I think I have a T Mia too though so that works. No surprise you suggested her but w/e

Elincia isn't T though so she falls behind.

Thanks for the tips. So far this is pretty much a joke (and edward got like 3 crits which sped up 1-P quite a bit).

Levels.

Name Lv. EXP HP str mag skl spd luk def res
Mic 2.47 15 2 7 9 7 11 4 5
Eddie 5.56 20 8 0 12 13 9 5 0
Leo 4.46 Bases
Nolan 9.00 Bases

But he can't get the faster enemies,Dheg,Auras,or anything like that.You would be better off bringing both Nolan and Boyd,and just give Nolan Tarvos.

Tarvos!Nolan stomps Oscar in everything except Mov and Rescue,and gives you more incentive to use him early on anyway.

Triangle attack on Dheg.

That is all I can say.

EDIT: I'll end up using Nolan anyways. Sort of. I usually do but don't bring him to endgame.

Edited by Lightning

Uhh...Yay for Arbalest and a Silver Longbow in endgame?

IMO,Triangle attack is not worth Gimping both Oscar and Boyd just so Rolf can do a cool trick,especially considering how beastly a trained Reaver is on its own.

Don't forget he's playing NM, so Oscar's cap issues are not going to hurt him as much.

Yeah, 24 is probably good until around 3-8 or something, and NM gives enough bexp that if you aren't using too many GMs Oscar can probably promote by then. Not to mention he has a transfer, and assuming spd that means 23 base. Oscar will struggle against spirits and auras. Degh should be killed by better characters, ditto Lehran (though Nasir allows Oscar to double if you really want). Even Ashera gets doubled by White Pool'd Oscar. Of course, Neph is still >> Oscar, and with NM bexp you can almost certainly make Marcia > Oscar for endgame (especially if she has a transfer, too), but Oscar should be fairly good for part 3 at least (27 or so speed in part 4 may still have some issues, but probably not. I haven't played part 4 NM in a long time).

Thing is I don't have a T Neph or Marcia (I dun use them much in PoR). Oscar's caps don't restrict him much on NM anyways.

Meh.

Neph doesn't need a transfer to be a goddess in part 3 on NM. How well do you play 2-3? (In other words, can you leave over 40 enemies alive in 2-3)

Dump the bexp into Neph in 2-E. It's not like Haar needs it (speedwing is sufficient, especially on NM). Brom Heather hahaha. Lethe Mordy don't get much from bexp (hp, lck, spd for Lethe and hp, lck, def for mordy, I think, though might remember wrong). And you can even put talisman or something into Neph in order to help funnel bexp levels into hp, str, def.

Marcia? Well, with the availability issues a transfer certainly helps. How many turns do you take in 2-E? If you are going quickly (like, under 5) then a transfer is a lot more important. If you take, say, 10+ turns in 2-E, then Marcia can get more than enough levels in 2-P, 2-3, 2-E, 3-9 (paragon) to be fine for 3-11 and beyond. The point is she'll be better than Oscar in 4-E (stun >> sol due to activation rate). Possibly even 4-3/4/5, especially since she can use wyrmslayers and thus be extremely helpful in 4-3 and him..well..Paladins don't really like 4-3/4/5.

If you really like using Oscar (can't figure out why, terrible personality and portrait) then don't let us stop you. If you just think Oscar is "good", Neph is better for most of part 3 if you do it right and Marcia is better late part 4 anyway. It's up to you, though.

Neph doesn't need a transfer to be a goddess in part 3 on NM. How well do you play 2-3? (In other words, can you leave over 40 enemies alive in 2-3)

Dump the bexp into Neph in 2-E. It's not like Haar needs it (speedwing is sufficient, especially on NM). Brom Heather hahaha. Lethe Mordy don't get much from bexp (hp, lck, spd for Lethe and hp, lck, def for mordy, I think, though might remember wrong). And you can even put talisman or something into Neph in order to help funnel bexp levels into hp, str, def.

Marcia? Well, with the availability issues a transfer certainly helps. How many turns do you take in 2-E? If you are going quickly (like, under 5) then a transfer is a lot more important. If you take, say, 10+ turns in 2-E, then Marcia can get more than enough levels in 2-P, 2-3, 2-E, 3-9 (paragon) to be fine for 3-11 and beyond. The point is she'll be better than Oscar in 4-E (stun >> sol due to activation rate). Possibly even 4-3/4/5, especially since she can use wyrmslayers and thus be extremely helpful in 4-3 and him..well..Paladins don't really like 4-3/4/5.

If you really like using Oscar (can't figure out why, terrible personality and portrait) then don't let us stop you. If you just think Oscar is "good", Neph is better for most of part 3 if you do it right and Marcia is better late part 4 anyway. It's up to you, though.

No...

K

Usually 10+ turns for the EXP. Did it in 3 once on easy for fun (lolHaar!Hammer) but yeah.

Canto is just something I like. Also makes a good support partner for Rolf (I feel the urge to use him this pt because of the godly transfer). Though I suppose I could try windXthunder... that gives what, avo and crit? I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Magic 8 ball says I should use Neph.

Edited by Lightning

Though I suppose I could try windXthunder... that gives what, avo and crit? I'll give it a shot.

I miss GBA affinities.

No, sadly, in this game wind gives 2.5 hit/avo per level of support and thunder gives 0.5 def and 2.5 avo (at least def now rounds up).

Of course, Rolf doesn't actually have much use for earth nor does Oscar have much use for wind. If you are using the 3 brothers, Oscar x Boyd is probably better (gives Oscar more power to maybe ORKO things sometimes and on NM it should provide Boyd with a reasonably high amount of avo (especially with the transfer). As for Rolf, technically you could give him +mt but I'm not sure he really cares about anything. His mt will be just fine before long.

I think I will not include 1-2 and 1-3 as "semi-efficient" because rushing to be efficient is going terribly for me. Seriously. I had to try 7 times to beat 1-2 ;_;

Oh right levels. Err, fuck, I need to find that piece of paper.

Edited by Lightning