I recently started playing again...

And I was wondering if there's anything I need to watch for when playing hard mode? Like any reinforcements or strategies to any of the hard chapters. It's been a while since I played a Fire Emblem game and I'm feeling rusty about playing.

Weapon triangle does not exist. Forges are your friends. Arms Scrolls, Ashera Icons, and the Fortune skill should be sold. Use Sothe and Volug. EXP gains are lower. BEXP gains are much lower. Master Seals are your friends. Royals are your friends. Be prepared to drag units through Part 3 and train them but not bring them to the Tower. Send Speedwing, Adept and sellable items via Ilyana to the GMs. Muarim with Wrath and Resolve is your friend in Part 4. Tarvos is Nolan's friend, and Nolan is your friend, but Zihark has no friends after Tormod leaves. Send the Hammer, Horseslayer, and all stat boosters from the Crimean Royal Knights to the Greil Mercenaries.

Don't abuse characters that gain little exp too much in P1, since and you probably want to, as slow said, use nolan give him any kills he can take, make sure he hits promotion by or during 1-E.

Edited by Fenrir

^ I would actually disagree with this, if you're concerned about turncounts. Even if you're not, using Sothe/Volug/Nailah/Tormod etc. make their respective chapters much easier.

Try to train only 2 DB units, resources are too thin to spread it out much further. Nolan and Jill make good choices, Zihark is also pretty usable (requires less resources than the other 2), but struggles a bit in Part 3. Ilyana will be able to transfer items to the GMs for Part 3, send over a Speedwing for Titania and some sellables for cash, maybe some skills as well.

For Part 2, same strategies apply mostly. Don't be shy about using vulneraries since you have a lot of healerless chapters. If you plan on feeding kills to anyone make it Nephenee, she's available for a lot of Part 3 and becomes good over time. Have the 2-3 Speedwing transferred to the convoy or Marcia so Haar can use it. Use Haar for Part 3 (and 4).

Part 3, focus mainly on a few GMs, Titania/Mia/Gatrie/Shinon are great choices and people like Boyd/Oscar are decent. When characters start capping stats, use some BEXP on them.

Part 4 Send your fliers with the Silver Army. Like Slowking said, you might want to drop some old standbys like Gatrie/Titania/Haar for some Royals for 4-E.

Also, if you do plan to use Mia, giving her resources such as a forge, adept and an Ike support really benefits her abilities whilst doing little to harm anyone else's.

Well, you can't see movement (or so I seem to recall), so you're going to need a good head and presence of mind. Abuse your healers, and give anyone who has any proficiency with staves one. That means that Mic's not going to be so much a ranged fighter as she is in the other difficulties, though it's a good idea to give her some practice in that for the endgame regardless. Ummm.... Oh, yeah, Abuse Kurthnaga in 4-3 with Paragon/Dragonfoe. I think that's all that I can tell you right now.

Give Laura at least C rank staves by spamming her, you're still going to need her.

Always deploy Meg until 1-7 to gain support with Leonardo for Part 3.

Paragon helps Micaiah the most after 1-9 give it to anyone who is promoted or Zihark and even Sothe.

Forging is best for Jill, Nolan and Sothe. For GM's Titania and Haar make good use of them.

Tranfer some of the goodies plus speedwing to GM by deploying Ilyana in 1-E :).

Give Volug enough attention, S strike does make a difference.

Use supports

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Give Laura at least C rank staves by spamming her, you're still going to need her.

Always deploy Meg until 1-7 to gain support with Leonardo for Part 3.

Paragon helps Micaiah the most after 1-9 give it to anyone who is promoted or Zihark and even Sothe.

Forging is best for Jill, Nolan and Sothe. For GM's Titania and Haar make good use of them.

Tranfer some of the goodies plus speedwing to GM by deploying Ilyana in 1-E :).

Give Volug enough attention, S strike does make a difference.

Use supports

Laura does want C rank, another option is using master seal.

Meg + Laura would also work, for the sleep staff.

Are you saying we should use paragon on miccy? not a good idea, maybe use it on her for 1-9, but for part 3 give it to someone like jill.

Forging is best for every unit your going to use that's not named Ike.

Send the speedwing with those goodies.

If you need further help read intercepter's HM log.(or someone else's Queen Elincia has some nice strategies, and NflChamps is good too)