Lord of the Rings Tier List

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the Witch-King of Angmar, the leader of the Nazgul, and the pussy who can only be killed by a woman or by hobbits.

Also, this thread makes me want to read through all 3 books and the entire fucking appendix of LotR.

Also, this thread makes me want to read through all 3 books and the entire fucking appendix of LotR.

Be prepared to half-read, half-sleep through a couple chapters. Really, I just get everything from BLIND GUARDIAN

Be prepared to half-read, half-sleep through a couple chapters. Really, I just get everything from BLIND GUARDIAN

Thus he died, Nom the Wise. Most beloved of the Noldor race. He paid the price, he redeemed the oath.

Thus he died, Nom the Wise. Most beloved of the Noldor race. He paid the price, he redeemed the oath.

YOU ARE NOW MY GUEST...FOREVER!!! HAHAHAHA

Curse of Feanor for most epic song in the history of epic songs. Although, it's the Bard's Songs that are the most EarWormish.

Edited by Yossarian

I remember the beginning of the book, when Frodo was in the Shire, to be complete shit. Had to wait till Weathertop for things to get good. The ending with Saruman in the Shire again was also crap, but not as bad as the beginning of Book 1.

The hardest by far portion of the books, for me, was the second half of the Two Towers, but even that was not THAT difficult to get through. I found all the rest quite enjoyable.

I think there was like twenty pages of Elrond going "OMG BOROMIR" and then some Gondorian dudes going "OMG BOROMIR" and then...

It's near the end somewhere.

Revan, which part of Two Towers was immensely boring for you? I can't really remember much of Two Towers (aside from Helm's Deep).

The parts with Frodo and Sam. Well, only some of them. And they weren't immensely boring, just a lot more boring than everything else.

The parts with Frodo and Sam. Well, only some of them. And they weren't immensely boring, just a lot more boring than everything else.

... Oh god those parts. Especially the fucking Emyn Muil and Faramir.

Actually, Frodo and Sam's story after FotR was pretty good once they hit Minas Morgul. The parts before that...

... Oh god those parts. Especially the fucking Emyn Muil and Faramir.

Actually, Frodo and Sam's story after FotR was pretty good once they hit Minas Morgul. The parts before that...

I mainly dislike the "Frodo and Sam (and Gollum) are walking" parts...

• 3 weeks later...

I remember the beginning of the book, when Frodo was in the Shire, to be complete shit. Had to wait till Weathertop for things to get good. The ending with Saruman in the Shire again was also crap, but not as bad as the beginning of Book 1.

Weathertop? I remember being bored until they left the Council of Elrond. The rest was smooth sailing. I didn't mind the Scouring of the Shire. I thought it was a nice way of showing how much the 4 hobbits have grown. I liked seeing the hobbits curbstomp something.

The hardest by far portion of the books, for me, was the second half of the Two Towers, but even that was not THAT difficult to get through. I found all the rest quite enjoyable.

I found that part mostly better than the first half of Fellowship. Though I'll grant that for a while they didn't really do anything but walk. I don't know why I found that part of Two Towers better than the first half of Fellowship.

Frodo moving houses was...painful in the extreme. After that the only major speed-bumps were the Council and finally, the bits at the end that weren't entitled 'The Scouring of the Shire.'