27 members have voted

1. 1. choose?

• Mac
    • PC

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PC. I've had this XP since the year that XPs first came out. Not a single virus. Also, there are a lot more PC-friendly games than Mac-friendly games.

So can Mac if you actually know how to use it. Plus, you don't get viruses at all using Mac while for PC you can regardless if you have a firewall...

If you don't know what you're doing, they're both shitty computers, prone to infections. Wear a condom and problem solved :[

PC. Easier. Mouse with two-clicks (more on some). More programs. About 95% of ROMHackers use something other than Mac--of that 95%, if you're lazy and want an editor and use a Mac, you're not going to find jack D:

wear a condom wear a condom wear a condom

Windows can only go bad if you allow it--just like a Mac. Blue Screen of Death--what the hell did you do. Honestly, a Mac has frozen on me far more than Windows has any time though some simple browsing.

I vote neither. Linux FTW.

If you got smarts, you can edit it however you want, and literally reprogram the whole system if you so desire. It will work on just about ANYTHING, and you can have both linux and another os just as windows installed at the same time.

By the way, Linux beats Macs in terms of safety. There hasn't even been maybe 40 viruses yet for linux. None of them actually even did much anyway. This is exactly why linux is always used on webservers. You don't even really need a firewall or an anti-virus program. Nope, not necessary. The system can survive fine without it. Even if there ever is a decent virus for linux, there's so many different types of it thats is pretty hard to get one that'll affect all of them. (or even most of them for that matter).

Linux also will not overprivilege a user by default. In windows, you could just be a moron and delete your C:\windows directory. In linux, you have to provide a password and be an administrator before you can alter stuff like that at all. (this also helps in case a rogue program tries to delete the system directory, it wouldn't be able to).

Finally, linux is free. Can't get much better than that. :D

We should add this option to the poll.

Edited by SmartRutter7

Finally, linux is free. Can't get much better than that. biggrin.gif

We should add this option to the poll.

It should, shouldn't it :/ A lot of casual users overlook it and run right into whatever is marketed (i.e. Mac and Windows). It;s definitely isn't a bad romp. I think there's even a Windows installer which can put it on--talk about simple >.>

It should, shouldn't it :/ A lot of casual users overlook it and run right into whatever is marketed (i.e. Mac and Windows). It;s definitely isn't a bad romp. I think there's even a Windows installer which can put it on--talk about simple >.>

Yeah the Ubuntu distro now has a program to allow you to do that so you can try it out and whatever. I have Ubuntu 8.10 installed on a separate partition of my hard drive so i can run it as a normal operating system. That way its not freaking slow as hell.

Ubuntu itself is a pretty good linux distro in my opinion, its probably the easiest for the average user. Compared to something more complex like Gentoo where you've really got to know what you're doing.

also: http://www.ubuntu.com if anyone wants find out more about this or download the 700MB iso.

• 2 months later...