U.S. Release to be announced next month?

I didn't see anybody posting anything about this yet, so I thought I would post this info courtesy of the website Siliconera and its writer Spencer.

Here is the Link: http://www.siliconera.com/2010/07/08/fire-emblem-heroes-of-light-and-shadow-spotted-in-nintendo-power/

Sandwiched between Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light and Frogger Returns is a listing for Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow in the August issue of Nintendo Power.

That title sounds an awful lot like a localized title for Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem – Hero of Light and Shadow, an upcoming Fire Emblem remake slated for release next week in Japan. Perhaps, Nintendo is considering to release the Nintendo DS game overseas.

The magazine also has a bit on The Last Story in the games from Japan spread, albeit without any release information. Nintendo is publishing Mistwalker’s Wii RPG this year in Japan.

Thanks for the tip Sunny!

I can confirm it's definitely in Nintendo Power, so I guess that would mean it'll be announced next month. No new info on the game, of course. I honestly can't remember if Shadow Dragon got the same attention in Power.

I am a suscriber of Nintendo Power, and Nintendo Power usually gives very good attention to Fire Emblem (though not nearly as much attention as this site does). I don't see any reason in heck why New Mystery of the Emblem won't come here. After all, it's got Marth in it!

I am a suscriber of Nintendo Power, and Nintendo Power usually gives very good attention to Fire Emblem (though not nearly as much attention as this site does). I don't see any reason in heck why New Mystery of the Emblem won't come here. After all, it's got Marth in it!

Also, Japanese fans have gotten to play both games (BS Fire Emblem is what I mean by "both") already. There's no need for a remake unless they plan on letting others outside of Japan get a chance to play FE3 and the BS FE game.

Well, the BS FEs are (practically?) impossible to play now, so a very large chunk of the Japanese fans have not gotten to play them yet. Or at least that's how I understand it.

It's possible through emulation but other than that there's probably no way to play them.

I'm starting to wonder why exactly has been making people think that the new FEs may not be released to the US? It was the same with Shadow Dragon...

Edited by Sirius

It's possible through emulation but other than that there's probably no way to play them.

I'm starting to wonder why exactly has been making people think that the new FEs may not be released to the US? It was the same with Shadow Dragon...

It was that way with Shadow Dragon because it was a remake of an older game, though.

It was that way with Shadow Dragon because it was a remake of an older game, though.

Well, yes, but so is FE12. Neither game that is being remade was ever released outside of Japan, and ... well, why wouldn't they release FE12 to Europe/US/wherever?

why wouldn't they release FE12 to Europe/US/wherever?

That's kind of the whole point as to why that these remakes are even being made in the first place.

I knew it. I just KNEW "Heroes of Light and Shadow" would be its localised title.
That title still sounds too wordy. The original title of FE8 was supposed to be Shining Stones of Holiness and Evil, but was shortened to The Sacred Stones. Edited by Wolfen