(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

I don't understand how you are getting 12 and 8 turns for the 11 and 7 turn limits. You don't start on turn 0, you start on turn 1 and you end on enemy phase turn 11, which is 11 turns. Are you counting the last enemy phase as another turn?

Edited by Core

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever you play a "Survive" Chapter, and you don't (or can't) end it early by killing the boss, the short, no movement player phase directly following the last enemy phase is counted as another turn, for game count purposes (such as for rankings, etc).

Whenever you play a "Survive" Chapter, and you don't (or can't) end it early by killing the boss, the short, no movement player phase directly following the last enemy phase is counted as another turn, for game count purposes (such as for rankings, etc).

Oh okay, I never payed attention to that sort of stuff. When I regain access to the main computer at my house, I'll fly through some more. My main worries are that I have to keep Dart alive, and I have to gain 16 levels between my 3 lords in 4 chapters.

Chapter 21 done in 8 turns for a 113 total turn investment so far. I'm too lazy to update training so far. Needless to say, Oswin is on the cusp of Promotion.

STOP GOING SO FAST :o I wish I didn't have to work....

Anyway, now it's my turn:

I'm already more excited for this one than chapter 12, no more fail troop of undrafted units being assaulted (other than Oswin, he's a cool guy so it's all good.)

So, to start, everyone presses south. I just realized that Hector needs to proc speed next level up in order to ORKO the boss. Hopefully that happens. I'm going to keep restarting until he gets that speed.

First go through: only luck. Shit.

Second go through: Strength and skill. Argh.

Third go through: HEALTH STRENGTH SKILL SPEED DEFENSE YAY

ahem

so at this point I'm down by the southern bridge. Mattie just recruited Guy and stole his vulnerary to get drunk on. Mmm... tasty vulneraries.... Everyone fights all of the stinky bandits. Rebecca shoots down a peg and level up! And it's a decent level up. BARTRE GETS DOUBLED AND KILLED BY A MOTHER FUCKING CAVALIER FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fucking fuckity fuck fuck 3 base speed.

I hate this game. I'll edit this post with my later attempts. I want to play Call of Duty.

Intend to fly through most of the rest of EHM today. I'll hopefully have started this by late Monday AEST.

Umm, technically you guys weren't supposed to restart chapters to see how fast you can do them. And by technically, I kinda mean that you're not supposed to restart unless a character dies (that you want alive). It's a one try run.

Edited by Yossarian

Chapter 19(9 turns)(114 total)

This was pretty straightforward. I took Hector down the middle, where he took on a bunch of enemies like a pro, while the rest of my group went down the right route. I was worrier at one point, because the Slim Sword Myrmidon got a double critical hit on Eliwood with 3% chance of hitting, luckily, it only did 18 damage total so he survived and I gave him a vulnerary the next turn.Protecting Dart was easier than I expected it to be.

Name 	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP 	LK      DF      RS
Hector 	14.63 	29 	16 	10 	12   	4    	14   	4  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	13.57   28 	10  	11  	11   	10    	8      	2  	C Hector
Marcus 	8.31    35 	18 	17 	14 	12   	11    	9
Serra  	8.07    21  	7  	7   	12   	10   	4      	10
Florina  8.02 	22  	8 	11    	14  	10  	4      	7	  C Lyn
Lyn   	10.35  	23 	7 	15  	13      9   	4      	1   	C Florina
Canas	11.89   23 	12	10  	10  	7 	6	10

Florina is certainly starting to bloom. I'll likely promote her early, probably around level 15 or so.

Edited by Core

Umm, technically you guys weren't supposed to restart chapters to see how fast you can do them. And by technically, I kinda mean that you're not supposed to restart unless a character dies (that you want alive). It's a one try run.

Yeah, Characters dieing has been commonplace for me.

Fair enough, but I think it's mostly referring to, say...playing through chapter 13 three times waiting for Hector to get Speed.

Question: Should I use my Secret Book on Hector who has 10 skill at lvl 14, or save it for Geitz, who will have 13 skill at lvl 3

Hector has 45% skill growth, Geitz has 30% skill growth

Edited by Core

That's what nino is good for suiciding to restart

I'm not cheap.

If Nino dies, I carry on.

@Core: Unless Hector has serious hit issues currently I'd say to save it for Geitz.

EDIT:

Well hector is stuck with a max of 16 str until lv 30 for u so i'd say hector

...what?

Edited by Yossarian

:Soldier:

... moving swiftly onwards, I'll be doing a log when I finally *sigh* unlock *sigh* goddamn *sigh* HHM. Shouldn't take long, as I've said before.

Fair enough, but I think it's mostly referring to, say...playing through chapter 13 three times waiting for Hector to get Speed.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. I'll just run through one more time then. Though we ARE going for efficiency, so I figured, that point of speed would help with efficiency...

But what do I know, I haven't even completed chapter 13

Chapter 20(10 turns)(124 total)

I like the turncount I got on this chapter, but I don't like how I missed so much treasure, and I missed out on a lot of experience for Lyn and Eliwood. Canas is strangely tankish, I think he has better durability than Lyn and Florina, which really isn't that surprising.

Hector 	15.94 	30 	17 	10 	12   	4    	14   	4  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	13.75   28 	10  	11  	11   	10    	8      	2  	C Hector
Marcus 	9.99    35 	18 	18 	14 	12   	11    	10
Serra  	8.98    21  	7  	7   	12   	10   	4      	10
Florina  9.56 	23  	9 	11    	14  	11  	4      	7  	C Lyn
Lyn   	10.92  	23 	7 	15  	13      9   	4      	1   	C Florina
Canas	12.84   23 	12	11  	10  	7 	7 	10

Chapter 21(7 turns)(131 total)

After losing Lyn the first time through and having a mediocre turncount, I tried a different strategy. I had Canas stay back while everybody else pushed forward. Canas took on the light mages while Hector, Marcus, and later Eliwood(wyrmslayer) took out the dracoknights. Florina took out a peg knight or two, Eliwood and Lyn took leftovers from the big guns. I managed to park Hector on a thicket where Oleg came to fight him, and then I finished him on player phase after a bit of help from Marcus. I also got the Elysian whip, so yay.

Hector 	17.97 	32 	18 	10 	12   	4    	15   	5  	C Eliwood
Eliwood	14.45   28 	11  	11  	12   	11    	8      	2  	C Hector
Marcus 	10.34    36 	19 	18 	15 	13   	11    	10
Serra  	9.65    22  	8  	7   	13   	10   	4      	10
Florina  10.83 	24  	9 	11    	14  	12  	5      	8  	C Lyn
Lyn   	12.04  	25 	9 	17  	15  	10   	4      	1   	C Florina
Canas	13.82   24 	12	11  	11  	7 	8 	11

Chapter 22 will be interesting because I have to recruit Heath. I'm glad that somebody gets a Seraph Robe though.I'm giving the Seraph robe to Florina, so she can uhh, be useful.

Edited by Core

Time to get something going here.

Everyone again pushes south. Marcus takes point, which probably is a bad idea, because some of my characters really need level ups to stop sucking *cough Bartrebase3AS cough*

NOTE: not having a healer really, REALLY sucks. People keep dying, too. I really suck at this. First it was Rebecca, who gets 2RKO'd by all enemies, and then it was Matthew, with a bandit landing a 22% displayed hit with a hand axe. Finally getting a run working. It kind of makes me laugh that Bartre just procced speed, and therefor can finally double 0 AS loldiers. Guy gives his killing edge and vulnerary to Matthew, then proceeds to sacrifice himself to the enemies. I am getting some really shitty level ups. Rebecca procs only health. Marcus procs only resistance. Lowen went shopping with the red gem, buys 4 vulneraries and a hand axe. 13 turn completion. 30 total.

Decided to send Oswin and Bartre to deal with the soldiers to the right, since Bartre can now double the soldiers. Marcus is sent forward to deal with a lot of people in the middle of the map. He can't double much of anything with his base speed, unfortunately. OMG ERK I MISSED YOU SO MUCH LOL ;-) (Erk is recruited by Serra, who I can finally let die now.) I'm going to complete this one later, because it's annoying as hell. EDIT: Rebecca was killed. Chapter was going really well. Should I just leave her dead and continue onward? She's been sucking an awful lot lately... And I always have Wil.

Second edit: I left her dead. She was useless to me. If anything, this will be us seeing if it's actually possible to complete one of these runs with a dead character. Besides, I'm about to get a duplicate of her in one more chapter. Anyway, Hector takes care of all of the horsies in the middle, getting some good level ups. Rebecca (RIP) and Bartre kill peg knights ALL CHAPTER. 13 turn completion, 43 total. I'll make another post with character stats. Hopefully it'll look alright.

Edited by Chococoke

Trust me, you need all the characters you can get.

I should probably listen to you, but Rebecca's uselessness convinced me otherwise. 2 chip damage was not helping me.

Name Level HP STR SKL SPD LCK DEF RES
Hector 9.05 27 12 9 9 6 12 1
Matthew 5.12 19 4 5 14 2 3 2
Marcus 3.20 31 16 15 12 8 10 10
Bartre 7.27 33 11 6 6 6 5 2
Erk 2.90 18 6 7 8 4 2 4

Still can't make a chart. Ugh.