(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a question, stupid one probably, but still: Can Matt open doors if he's not drafted?

Open doors/chests, yes. Attack walls/snags, no.

I guess we've got 3 people that are interested in a Pool 4, so is it fine if I start it up once I get 2 more people to play?

I'd just go ahead and open the topic, the other two will likely find you more easily that way.

No savestates

and I predict that the order will be (no offence to anyone and I don't know ur experience this is just going by ur teams)

Choco has the bulk of his army by 16 and erk promote for a fairly early healer

Jan although no healer until pent he has the first cav for mobility and osw1n

Mist raven and guy not much else to say

furet none of my early game woes

core you have several things that crippled me early game that is why I put u back here protecting serra is a pain in the level u get her and have fun protecting Eli from the peg knights and the level u get geitz is pretty ugly especially getting geitz I didn't have him so I didnt have to fight my way to him but you have to keep dart alive and he will be a pain to get to him and Lyn will be a pain to get to in 16 you can't rescue her and you can't kill the peg knightsthat charge her with wil

hmmm. Well I finished chapter 12, but I forgot to look at my turncount so I'll have to count my turns manually on the cideo, I'll have the video up in a little while. Chapter 12 was quite annoying, but I managed to do it.

If I were to use Florina to rescue twice on one chapter, is that a 4 turn penalty or a 8 turn penalty? THat's the only part of this that is unclear to me.

Chapter 11: 8 turns. I started out identically to Core up through turn 4(including the archer Crit, which when I found it first time I tried it, allowed me to base my strategy around). I then differed by not having Matt open the door and rather follow Hector. This allowed me to open the door on turn 5 and get Hector in the doorway. Turn 6 Hector moves closer to Wire and the counters an Enemy Solider to death and eats an arrow. Matt had moved to the top left space in the first room atfer the wall break. Turn 7 Hector moves to Wire and uses a vulnerary while Matt steal the Red Gem from the Thief in the first room. Hector counters Wire and then finishes him on turn 8 player phase.

Chapter 12 done in 6 turns. I abused Oswin's javelin on player phase and then sat Hector next to him to switch him to Iron lance/hand axe some other guys. 6 turns of my hopeful support built. Marcus just sorta ran around and killed everything. He even crit killed the boss on enemy phase of turn 6. I was hoping to get the Secret book somehow but I ended up getting Lowen 95 exp instead. I also did not visit the shop.

How do you do those level up tables? I'm a noob.

Name   Level HP ST SK SP LK DE RE 
Hector  4.56 21 9  5  6  4  9  0

Edited by Janissary

Chapter 12.(11 turns)

This was a bit of a pain keeping Serra/Mathew alive. Basically I pinned Hector in the mountains where he took on a bunch of enemies like a pro. I made Eliwood get the skill book(since you have to have a drafted person go to villages) Marcus came up and helped Hector clear out his area, then Eliwood went around and cleaned up the peg knights. unfortunately, the peg knights hid in the mountains so only Hector could get to them, which was pretty annoying, made me lose a turn or two.

Name 	Level  HP  ST  SK  SP  LK  DF  RS
Hector	5.19	22   10   5 	7 	4 	9 	0
Eliwood 1.37   base stats
Marcus   1.69   base stats
Serra  	1.36  base stats

here is the second part of the video, I wasn't watching the time and the first part got too long.

Edited by Core

Wow, that sucks. I probably would have replayed it if the AI screwed me like that.

Chapter 13: 11 turns (25 turn total)

I probably should have been done faster, but I decided I wanted to find a way to get the Killing Edge so I had to recruit Guy, which involved totally babying Matt most of the level and rescuing Oswin around so he wasn't completely useless. If Oswin wasn't so damn hard to kill, he'd be a total liability.

Hector  5.69 23 10 6  6  5  10 0
Lowen   4.71 25 8  6  8  3  9  0
Oswin  10.94 29 13 9  5  3  13 3
Marcus  2.24 32 15 15 12 8  10 8

Chapter 13(13 turns)

Very straightforward, I might've given Marcus a bit too much experience, oh well. I got the mine, and Guy's killing edge. I'm not going to 13x.

Name	Level   HP 	ST 	SK	SP    LK      DF      RS
Hector   6.95 	23	11 	5 	8   	4    	10   	1  	C Eliwood
Eliwood 3.31	20 	5  	6  	7   	7    	5      	0  	C Hector
Marcus   2.87    31	15 	15 	12 	8   	10    	9
Serra  	2.13	18  	3 	5   	9   	6   	3      	6

My codebox got all messed up and idk how to fix it.

part 1

Also, chapter 14 is ridiculously hard.

Edited by Core

Chapter 14: 10 turns (35 turns total)

I wouldn't say this chapter was too hard, but I did have to forego getting Erk and both villages in order to complete it. The problem is I can't figrue out how to shave off turns. I tried several different methods but 10 is the best I could get (I got 12 once, while getting the Iron Blade, but 2 turns wasn't worth the Iron Blade).

Hector  8.73 26 12  7  7 6 11 0
Lowen   6.31 27  9  7  9 5 11 0
Oswin  12.25 31 14 10  5 3 13 4
Marcus  2.83 32 15 15 15 8 10 8

I'm loving having no unit under 10 defense.

What was your strategy for chapter 14? I just can't do it. I have to protect 2 chokepoints while killing the pirates and peg knights that can go through.

I abused the fact that I never took more than 5 damage from any enemy (except Erik). Hector killed the 5 soldiers to the right of the start and then finished the Pegs. Marcus and Lowen rescuedropped Oswin to get him in the frontlines, and then I just killed soldiers on enemy phase, archers on player phase, and sat on forests. Your in trouble because of Eliwood - you probably should have pimped him hard in Chapter 13 so he isn't so worthless.

EDIT: I also just finished 15 in 8 turns, pushing my total up to 43 for the first 5 chapters, right on my goal of 8 turns per chapter. I managed to kill Sealen for the Dragonshield and get the Silver Axe.

Hector  9.94 27 13  7  7 7  12 0
Lowen   7.48 27 10  7 10 5  11 0 
Oswin  13.03 32 15 11  5 3  13 5
Marcus  3.80 33 15 16 12 9  10 9

Edited by Janissary

Well, I did it. It was infuriating because of Serra, but I did it.

Chapter 14(18 turns)(lol)

The funny thing about this chapter is, Oswin did the most work, and I hadn't even drafted him, He sat on one of the bridges the whole chapter, and held it valiantly, meanwhile I'm sacrificing my other undrafted people and killing people with Marcus, Eliwood, and Hector.

Hector   8.69 	24    12 	8 	8   	4    	10   	2  	C Eliwood
Eliwood 5.48    21 	5  	7  	8   	8    	7      	2  	C Hector
Marcus   4.01    33    15 	16 	13 	10   	10    	9
Serra  	3.01    18  	3 	5   	9   	6   	4      	7

also, The only people I have left are my drafts, Marcus, Guy, Mathew, and Oswin.

Edited by Core

I just did one run of chapter 16 and I really want to cry. It sucked. Lyn mode, I miss you. I even tried using Florina to rescue drop Oswin over the mountains to shave time and just eat the 4 turn penalty, but it was ugly down south.

If I were to use Florina to rescue twice on one chapter, is that a 4 turn penalty or a 8 turn penalty? THat's the only part of this that is unclear to me.

As I understood the rules, just 4 turns.

As in the previous drafting tournament, this is four turns regardless of the importance or frequency of the foul committed. Like Kent can solo a chapter (4+ turns) or can rescue Lyn once (4+ turns).
Edited by Balcerzak

I agree. It seems that it's 4 turns for each character you used incorrectly. Though, it also seems that you only recieve a 4 turn penalty maz per character - so I could use Raven the whole game for only a 4 turn penalty - that seems wrong. It should be a 4 turn per chapter penalty for each character used incorrectly in that chapter.

Chapter 15(8 turns)

This was incredibly frantic, and I am not really happy because I lost guy and oswin. In the end, I got lucky. I am really hating these early chapters, but it will get better soon since I have florina and lyn drafted.

Hector   9.61 	24    13 	9 	9   	4    	10   	2  	C Eliwood
Eliwood 6.38    22 	6  	7  	8   	8    	7      	2  	C Hector
Marcus   4.40    33    15 	16 	13 	10   	10    	9
Serra  	3.01    18  	3 	5   	9   	6   	4      	7

Edited by Core

Technically Chapter 15 is 8 turns. I think we should keep that for our count, even though it really doens't matter as long as we are consistant.

Edit: I also added up turn counts for posted runs(using Chapter 15 as 8 turns). Here's the running totals:

Mist: 80 through Chapter 16 (13.33 turns per chapter)

Core: 58 through Chapter 15 (11.6 turns per chapter)

Janissary: 43 though Chapter 15 (8.6 turns per chapter)

Edited by Janissary

I agree. It seems that it's 4 turns for each character you used incorrectly. Though, it also seems that you only recieve a 4 turn penalty maz per character - so I could use Raven the whole game for only a 4 turn penalty - that seems wrong. It should be a 4 turn per chapter penalty for each character used incorrectly in that chapter.

Oh, definitely a per chapter thing. I thought that was obvious, or stated explicitly, but it looks like I just inferred it, or maybe it was answered somewhere not-the-first-post in the first thread that I forgot about.

If you, for some reason, fail to abide by these rules, then you have to incur a four turn penalty for every character you've used for a purpose other than one listed above per chapter

Beat Night of Farewells and then Cog of Destiny on HNM. The beginning is in sight!

...Unless you have to beat EHM as well. Do you? Even so, I've got a EHM playthrough up to 22 now.

I'm liking the movement of my team, on paper, and the earlygameness of them. Not liking Nino.

Edited by Yossarian

NOW: TO BEGIN. I

Redid this one a few times.... Hector with his useless misses, and when he hit, his even more useless level ups. Matthew certainly helped a tiny bit. He's kind of silly. First HHM chapter beaten ever! :D 8 turns

Name	Level   HP 	ST 	SK    SP LK DF RS
Hector   2.84    20        8	5       6  3   8     0
Matthew 2.02    Base	

EDIT: Good god that chart is fucked up. Oh well :(

Edited by Chococoke

More godly than Kent, that's for sure.

KENT YOUR HAIRCUT SUCKS

Goddamn I hate Kent.

Good unit though. With 2 pegs and 2 horses, my team is just gonna love the effective weapons. [/sarcasm]

And every weapon is effective against goddamn Nino. I'll probably let her die. Maybe chip some things.