(FE7) Drafting Tourney III

Parrhesia

I held out because I only had 4 usable units. I tried to kill Eubans, but when Marcus + Horseslayer is your best bet to kill Eubans, you get frustrated a lot.

Yeah. I remember trying to get Marcus to kill Uhai with the horseslayer, that was miserable. You'd think someone would be able to manufacture a horse killing lance that weighs a LITTLE less...

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I remember trying to get Marcus to kill Uhai with the horseslayer, that was miserable. You'd think someone would be able to manufacture a horse killing lance that weighs a LITTLE less...

It actually wasn't the weight problem I had, it was the issue of Marcus taking like 10 attacks on Enemy phase before he could get there.

C19: 14 turns.

This chapter was pretty much hell for me. Most of my first attempts tried covering every direction, particularly south. People kept dying. (Looking at you, Lucius) Eventually, I decided to go up and around with everyone. It somehow worked. Hector bashes Uhai with the 4th last use of Wolf Beil, with 44 displayed, then it takes me another 2 turns to get Marcus down to finish him. Hector avoided the lethal crit from Uhai's Killing Edge (29%), and Marcus went and critted Uhai for the kill. Overkill much?

Name   Level HP ST SK SP LK DE RE WLvl
Hector 17.80 35 18 8  12 8  17 6  Axe A
Marcus  8.11 37 17 18 11 10 11 10 Sword A, Lance S, Axe B
Guy    12.20 30 12 18 20 6  8  3  Sword A
Raven   7.27 31 11 15 15 3  7  2  Sword C
Lucius  5.23 20 8  6  10 3  1  6  Light D 
Dart    9.40 35 13 8  9  3  6  2  Axe B

Marcus still hasn't gained speed. At all. I'm really annoyed. And, in two levels, Lucius only got 1 magic and no speed. What the hell, Lucius?

C20: 10 turns.

This wasn't nearly as painful as C19. A bit of rushing forward (and some resets) made a 10 turn victory. Pulled the Longbow and Killer Bow drops, and the Brave Bow chest. Rath's offense should be fine. Hector bashed Darin with Wolf Beil. It has 1 use left. Better make it count.

Hector 20.00 37 19 11 12 9  18 7  Axe A
Marcus  8.60 37 17 18 11 10 11 10 Sword A, Lance S, Axe B
Guy    12.93 30 12 18 20 6  8  3  Sword A
Raven   8.55 32 12 16 15 3  8  2  Sword C
Lucius  7.05 21 9  8  12 3  3  8  Light D 
Dart    9.40 35 13 8  9  3  6  2  Axe B

No comment on Lucius's 2 defense levels. And 2 speed. Hector hitting level cap is annoying, but I'm going to have to live with it.

Edited by Mist

This one wasn't too bad. 3 attempts is probably the lowest thus far for me.

Anyway, Erk and Bartre stayed back and killed those silly monks. Bartre STILL WON'T PROC SPEED. He and Hector are ridiculous, they just won't get any speed. Anyway, this is boring. People killed other people through the middle. Marcus didn't get as many kills as usual, so that's always a bonus. Hector lures Oleg by standing just inside his range (where Matthew was murdered my last attempt at this chapter) and Matthew moves in and steals the Hero Crest. Marcus wacks Oleg twice with the steel sword, and Erk gets the boss kill with a doseage of FIRE. Forgot to check how many turns it was, but I estimate 6. 100 total.

That's how I feel about Lloyd and his stupid Light Brand. I have lots of time to work on it tommorow, and after play some piss easy Shadow Dragon, I am ready for a challenge again. I plan on beating Lloyd tommorow. If it kills me.

That's how I feel about Lloyd and his stupid Light Brand. I have lots of time to work on it tommorow, and after play some piss easy Shadow Dragon, I am ready for a challenge again. I plan on beating Lloyd tommorow. If it kills me.

Marcus plus javelin? Does he have S rank lances? The added hit would help.

Unfortunately, I'm going to Vermont on Saturday for 3 weeks, so I'll be out of commission for a while. There's no way I'm going to beat Kinship's hell before that, too.

C21: 7 turns.

I realize that I have almost no healing items, and not enough money. So, I rush to the 5000G Elysian Whip village, then have Marcus grab enough Vulneraries to last a while. Oleg dies to Guy & Raven combination. (Screw all those poison weapons)

Hector 20.00 37 19 11 12 9  18 7  Axe A
Marcus  9.03 38 17 19 11 10 11 10 Sword A, Lance S, Axe B
Guy*    1.00 37 14 20 20 7  10 5  Sword A
Raven  10.70 34 14 17 17 4  9  2  Sword C
Lucius  9.86 23 10 8  12 3  3  10 Light C 
Dart   10.87 36 13 8  10 3  6  2  Axe B

Character stats include Guy's promotion in C22 base.

So I had a look at the C22 enemies. So many reavers.

Edited by Mist

I'll hopefully get a chapter done tomorrow.

So is Yossarian even still playing this?

Yes. Medical details are getting in the way but this weekend is free. As is next weekend, and I've precious little else to do...

In the spirit of Chococoke's pirate level post...

FUCK YOU, LLOYD, FUCK YOU. IF THERE WAS A KILL COMMAND FOR YOU, YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT IN THINKING I WOULD USE IT.

That being said, I beat chapter 25 after appromixately 10 tries (today) in 6 turns, getting the earth seal to promote Lowen with, but forgoing shopping. I am 140 total turns, I think. But, again...

FUCK YOU LLOYD.

In the spirit of Chococoke's pirate level post...

FUCK YOU, LLOYD, FUCK YOU. IF THERE WAS A KILL COMMAND FOR YOU, YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT IN THINKING I WOULD USE IT.

That being said, I beat chapter 25 after appromixately 10 tries (today) in 6 turns, getting the earth seal to promote Lowen with, but forgoing shopping. I am 140 total turns, I think. But, again...

FUCK YOU LLOYD.

Linus is easier than Lloyd

• 3 weeks later...

This took a while. A bunch of my units kind of suck for this level (Bartre being the main culprit.) Isadora is not nearly as good as I had hoped she would be. Eh, well, at least she's a promoted unit. Anyway, strategy wise, everyone chilled in the middle room spanking people. Erk is beastly, being able to OHKO most physical units with his awesome speed and magic. On turn 9, I retreated everyone back as far as possible in order to avoid a potential death, which seemed likely. Eliwood recruited Heath, his weapons will be useful. Plus I need a flyer for Crazed Beast, so that ended up working out nicely. Screw you, Eubans. You're lucky I had no chance of reaching and killing you. OH WAIT AS I'M WRITING THIS HECTOR GETS KILLED BY A MAGE.

FUCK YOU, FIRE EMBLEM. FUCK YOU.

Ugh.

Finally did it. This one wasn't that difficult. I played it much safer, having Marcus do a lot of killing. I actually managed to kill the thief after he nabbed the brave axe, and then managed to steal the 10,000 gold. That was the first time I had done that, so wee! Rath's unit usually helps tremendously (aside from that stupid cavalier with 3 AS) and they did again. RIP Rath. I got Heath, as well as Heath's weapons, so that's awesome. I actually finished the chapter before writing this up this time, too, so awesome day. 11 (12) turns, 112 total.

Rath's unit usually helps tremendously (aside from that stupid cavalier with 3 AS) and they did again. RIP Rath.

I love the way Rath's merc is a lot better at base than Rath.

He's a match for Alva, that man.