Nightmare 2.0 won't save?

Ron

Title says it all.

I don't understand why it isn't or why it wouldn't but it's not.

I'm trying to save it as an .ips file but I've also tried saving it without adding a file type to the end of the name

Any help would be great.

Why would you try to save with an extension that doesn't appropriately signify the file type?

It's just saving the file you opened. If you opened a ROM, it will save the ROM with the changes you made, so give it the extension it had to begin with and give it a new name, location or both if you don't want to overwrite the original file.

It saves fine; I don't know what your actual problem is.

Why would you try to save with an extension that doesn't appropriately signify the file type?

It's just saving the file you opened. If you opened a ROM, it will save the ROM with the changes you made, so give it the extension it had to begin with and give it a new name, location or both if you don't want to overwrite the original file.

It saves fine; I don't know what your actual problem is.

...Oh

I was under the impression that it made a new file that could be applied as a patch, not a overwritten ROM.

It is of little consequence whichever it does, but that does help my understanding, thank you. (definitely new to the world of hacking, but hey, I'm slowly yet surely figuring things out I guess.)

That would be incredibly counter intuitive; for one thing, no other ROM or other file editing application provides you with the means to save a patch of what you changed rather than the entire file you've edited (to my knowledge, and for another for me to write the application as though I expected you to expect it to would just be uncouth.

Edited by Obviam